Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Black Out Build

Old 05-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
Just trying to measure up...
Jetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Jonathan (aka MOAB)
Jetlander's Tacoma Gallery
My Black Out Build

Alright Gentlemen and Ladies,

This is a new to me 2011 Double Cab PreRunner. It was bone stock when I picked it up less than a month ago. Yesterday I started my build. I added a 3" Pro Comp lift/struts and shocks with a 1" rear block lift, and today I added 285/75/16's and Black TKO wheels. I'm awaiting a Volant CAI with scoop and it should be here next week. Eventually, this thing will be completely Blacked Out with steel front and rear bumpers.

I do have one question though. How long should I expect the front end to remain higher than the rear, in other words how long until it sags? Everything seems to be just about maxed out on the front. I know a steel front bumper will do the job, but that may be a few months down the road.
Attached Thumbnails
My Black Out Build-tacoma-front.jpg   My Black Out Build-tacoma-side.jpg  
Old 05-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Something could be assembled wrong and be why you're really high in the front
Old 05-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
The front end wont sag, after a few miles you're at your stationary ride height.

The front looks way too high. Those control arms are screaming help me!

Could you take pictures of the front end, coils and angles?
Old 05-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
RiverBoyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
It's not that the front is too high. You only lifted the rear 1 inch. Problem solved.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #7
Just trying to measure up...
Jetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Jonathan (aka MOAB)
Jetlander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
The front end wont sag, after a few miles you're at your stationary ride height.

The front looks way too high. Those control arms are screaming help me!

Could you take pictures of the front end, coils and angles?
It's dark here now, so that will have to wait until the morning. I have double checked the instructions, and I definitely have completed each step as written. I'm a little perplexed to say the least. As far as the upper and lower control arms are concerned, they are both pushed almost all the way down to their farthest point. I had the struts professional put into the coils. Unless they did it wrong I don't know what the solution is. I'll have to take it in on Tuesday and have it looked at, as I don't want to cause any damage.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #9
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBoyTRD View Post
It's not that the front is too high. You only lifted the rear 1 inch. Problem solved.
^^^ either lower the front or lift the back. The rear will likely sag quicker than the front sitting as it is.