Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Monster Coma's 2012 SW Expoish Build

Old 05-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Monster Coma's 2012 SW Build

Well after almost a year of owning the truck and getting shit from NC10TRDSPORT, I guess its time for a build thread.

The goal of this truck is an Expedition type (might be going with LT now ) build with a bunch of other shit thrown in for shits and giggles.

Here is how it looks today

I started my Tacoma obsession with a 2009 BSP AC TRD Sport

Then I made the (at the time) regrettable decision of selling it and buying a 2007 Mustang GT.. As much as I liked that it still wasnt exactly what I wanted and I went through a 2008 F250 diesel and a 2012 Ford Focus before finally coming to my senses and buying the truck that I had always wanted anyways.

So it started out as a 2012 SW DCSB TRD Sport(dont let OZ tell you different, DCSB is the way to go ). It was purchased June 24, 2012 with 90 miles on the clock.
I dont have a stock picture of it but you can google a 2012 SW DCSB if you really wanna see what it looks like.

I took delivery of the truck and drove it around stock for about 3 days until I had to mod it. At this point I thought I'd be a total badass and buy a bullbar and a tonneau cover.

Man I was so awesome with my awesome bullbar.

After driving around like this for a couple months I decided to man up and throw my lights in the oven and do the BHLM.

At this time my awesome girlfriend bought me a mag light and some wall mounts so I drilled into my seat to mount it.

I then decided it was time for some new rims and tires because stock sucks. So I bought some Pro Comp 7033s and some 265/70/17 treadwright Guard Dogs.

The rims are nice but I wont be buying recaps again and going with 265s was a mistake. Not that the extra half an inch really means much but I'd still prefer 285s

After running like this for maybe 2 months and then running into an awesome Fabricator named Tyler Pelfrey I realized how stupid bullbars are so I sold it for cheap and told him to start making me a bumper.

In the mean time while I waited for Tyler to finish the bumper I ended up buying a few other miscelaneous parts. I never really got to wheel my truck much so here is a random picture off road.

This is what she looked like after removing the bullbar

I ran around like this for a few months while I was still at school.

At this point I decided I really didnt like having any money so I bought my Fox mid travel setup from member Yamaha73 for a great deal. I also hit up Jandrews and bought his old Icon springs. Wheelers helped me out with the rear AAL so I was all set just needed to install.

I pulled a PSUtaco85 and let my parts sit and collect dust for about 2-3 months until I could get home from school.

This is when all the fun started. First I'd like to give a huge thank you to TacticalBacon13 for helping me install my suspension and front bumper.

So here it goes

So thats all for right now. Future plans include new tires, leaf pack, bed rack or cap, RTT, snorkel, some more lights, and whatever else I can think to spend my lifes savings on
Old 05-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Everything that is on the POS will be listed here.

Exterior:
Pelfreybilt front plate bumper
BHLM
Extang black max tonneau cover
Shorty Antenna
Blacked out badging

Interior:
Ultragauge
TRD Shift knob
Whethertech floor liners

Suspension:
Fox 2.5 Coilovers
Fox 2.0 10" Shocks
TC UCAs
Wheelers 1.5" 3 leaf progressive AAL

Wheels and Tires:
Pro Comp 7033s
Treadwright Guard Dogs 265/70/17

Lighting:
Rigid Dually Fog Lights

Miscellaneous:

Future Plans:
All Pro Expo Leafs or Dakars with AAL
12" Rear Shocks
Bed Rack
CVT RTT
New Tires
40" + 20" LED bars
Tint
4.10 gears
Lockers
CB
Blue Sea Fuse Box
Light Force 170s
Short Shifter
and a bunch of other worthless things
Old 05-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #3

mine too
Old 05-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #4

and one more
Old 05-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #5

maybe another, who knows
Old 05-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Finally!
Meh
Old 05-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #9
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Haha you've done more to your truck than I have, and my build thread is 30 pages long! Build threads are the best places for ideas.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
guarantee you won't end up using these!
Probably not but thats what the delete function is for right?
Old 05-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
this thread and build sucks as much as this one

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...swb-build.html
Old 05-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #13
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Is that possible?
hmm we shall see

i mean hell it took anthony forever to intsall any of his parts. and it took monster forever to make a build thread. sooo yeah, id say it has a good chance
Old 05-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
this thread and build sucks as much as this one

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...swb-build.html

But is still better than this one
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ld-thread.html
Old 05-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #15
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
j00 no has crawl box, j00 argument invalid
Old 05-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #16

Quote:
j00 no has crawl box, j00 argument invalid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOWp9...7du5xlOXKrLueA

j00 youtube famous, j00 argument invalid
Old 05-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #17
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOWp9...7du5xlOXKrLueA

j00 youtube famous, j00 argument invalid
meh, fixed that problem. went up that same climb yesterday and didnt even feel like i was going up hill
Old 05-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #18

Quote:
meh, fixed that problem. went up that same climb yesterday and didnt even feel like i was going up hill
Lol, only using your hands to drive
Old 05-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #19
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great , love the color
Old 05-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #20
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Happy to give ya the nudge to make this! Truck looks great man! Definitely of the bumper. Can't wait to see the truck and meet the d00d behind the wheel!