LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Afghan Inspiration Build

Old 05-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
Tacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerial Porter
Tacoma13SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Afghan Inspiration Build

Hey TacomaWorld. After seeing a bunch of build threads, I figured I would try one too. As the title states, I've had some ideas given to me from over the years of looking at military and police Afghan Ford Rangers with the aftermarket front/rear bumpers and other various items. Along with what I recently saw on my first deployment with all the Toyota's that roam freely out there. Plus, since I was a kid, I've always wanted a truck and was able to afford one upon my return from Afghanistan. Let me know what you guys think (Criticism is welcome) and give me some ideas for the future. Enjoy.

Here is how she sits today . . . .

-2013 Toyota Tacoma DCSB SR5
-AllPro Offroad Front Bumper
-Softopper Soft Top (Black)
-Rigid Industries 20" Light Bar & Dually D2 HD Spot Pattern
-6" Zone Lift
-33" 285/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns

This is where some of the inspiration comes from. The Afghan National Army/Police Ford Rangers out of Thailand.

And the infamous Toyota HiLux (Personal Favorite) (Both I took from a recent deployment).

Old 05-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Tacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The day I brought her home. My pitbull seems to like her.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
aj hank is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
aj hank's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your service! I'd say jack it up 6" and throw some meat on those rims!
Old 05-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #4

My very first mod to my truck was the AllPro Off Road bumper. I've always wanted a truck that I could put one on and didn't hesitate to get it.

Then, came along my obsession with lights. After looking around at so many different lights, I stumbled upon Rigid Industries and almost immediately caught the disease.

I started simple with the D2 HD's Spot Pattern.

And after having a regular Tonneau cover and realized how much stuff I carried for myself and others, I needed something different. I looked on here and found out about Softopper. After a few months of consideration, weighing the pro's and con's of it, the pro's had outweighed the con's and I bought my Softopper.

Put my truck in her first car show. Delaware Show & Shine. Got up and close with a kick ass Unimog.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj hank View Post
Thanks for your service! I'd say jack it up 6" and throw some meat on those rims!
Ha. Yeah, I plan on getting a 2-3" lift later on this year. But thanks to my upbringing from my parents, I have the "If it isn't broken, don't fix it" attitude towards my tires (plus I don't like to waste things) and keep the tires till they become shot. By that time, I hope to have the lift on.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:15 AM   #6
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build. I would suggest moving the 20" light bar below the hoop so it's not in driving view. I bet those lights are bright. Thank you for your service.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #7
I like turtlessss
cflks411 is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Cav
Name: Kris
cflks411's Tacoma Gallery
If I could find the same bumper as the rangers out here I would. Where the front grill guard comes over the fender and into sliders...looks awesome. Your truck looks good. All you need for true Afghan inspired is a DSHK on the top with 10 Afghans in the back haha
Old 05-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Look into the 255 size tire for that military look. Kind of keeping that ANP Ranger look in the back of my mind for my build as well.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #9
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
You need to put that light bar on the bottom under the bumper loop, would look better IMO
Old 05-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
You need to put that light bar on the bottom under the bumper loop, would look better IMO

I've been hearing that a lot lately. I plan on making a mount that hold both the D2's and the SR, where the D2's are spread out from the center and the SR is closer to the center hoop on top.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #11
StanBo is on a distinguished road

Name: Stan
StanBo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to StanBo
Wow thanks for posting this build thread. I was interested in putting aftermarket bumpers on my truck but don't want to jump into a lift just yet. Your setup looks nice without the lift.

Also thanks for your service.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #12

Here's an update. Did this back in June when I was on leave. Lowered the stance of the 20" lightbar on the bumper so it's perfectly level with the center tube. Also purchased Relentless Fabrications CB/Light Tabs for my hood. Soon to come in October, 6" Zone Lift with Maxxis Bighorn 33 tires.

^How it looked before I repositioned the Dually's.

Occasionally I'd go out and get her a little dirty. Nothing major, but she does look good dirty.

Hauls wood like a champ!

Old 09-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #14

Thanks. Next on the board is a Baja Roof Rack, 6" Zone Lift, 33 Maxxis Bighorns for all five wheels, and more Rigids. I got tasked for another deployment for next year, so the Rigids will be on hold till I return home.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #15
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to behold

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
I still say 3 inch and 33's Ditch the DB idea
Old 10-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #16
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBIETACO View Post
I still say 3 inch and 33's Ditch the DB idea
x10. You're a practical guy it seems. Keep it real, mang haha

255/85r16s on 2.5-3" lift would fit your theme perfectly.

I'd also move that light bar so its not being blocked by the top bar of your bumper. Most likely just below the bar where the duallys used to be.

Good start so far, man. Don't forget the 240 turret
Old 12-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #17

Well guys, I figure I should update my build page a bit. Since the last time I posted, I replaced the bulbs of my PIAA 510 Driving Bulbs, going from white to yellow, got my 6" Zone Suspension Lift and 33" Maxxis Bighorns, and got my bumper readjusted after hitting a car in PA after the lift and tires were put on.

Cool thing about Krawl Works out of PA, is he sometimes let's his customers work on their own rigs while he supervises. Really appreciate that and was able to understand a little bit more about my truck.

Rear was the first to get finished. Front was completed several hours later.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #18

Also recently (October), I accompanied a bunch of TacomaWorlder's to the 1st Annual Steven Toyota and Scion car show in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Met a lot of cool guys, saw some awesome rigs and got to show off my rig at another car show.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #19

Dover recently got a small amount of snow, didn't last very long, but got out and had a little fun testing the tires out and try some flexing in the back yard. Got more shots of the flex, but will upload at a later time.

First snow with the Softopper

And just a little flex going on. Personally, I think the flex is pretty good. But that's just me.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #20

And the rest of the flex pics.