1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My MGM build so far...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by JimmyJamTaco, May 27, 2013.

1. May 27, 2013 at 8:09 AM
    JimmyJamTaco

JimmyJamTaco [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    WI
    Vehicle:
    Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100 Satoshi Grill Debadged Custom tailgate emblem Bedlined step sides
    I have learned quite a bit about about my truck having viewed this website for quite a while (even before purchasing a truck). I have a 2010 Access Cab TRD Off-Road-I love this truck!

I did the Satoshi mod myself while also debadging all the TRD stickers and emblems. I had a local company make the 'TOYOTA' logo for the tailgate. I get compliments on it; some good some bad. I did it for two reasons; all older Toyota pick-ups say 'TOYOTA' on the tailgate as well as the Hilux's. I just wanted a different look while also adhering to the 'old school' Yota tailgates.

Yesterday I completed bedlining (Duplicolor bed armor) the step sides and now it ties well with the rest of the truck (I don't have pics yet).

Bilstein 5100's set at 1.75 in the front, Duratrac 265/75/R16's all around.

The bike rack is homemade from Fleet Farm and I have added 1/2 inch pipe insulation to all the bike holders for a better fit, and for protection on carbon frames. At some point I'll post all the pieces I used to make it-it was quite simple and costs under $70. I'm still playing around with the wood board in the back (also bedlined that too), it's to create room so when five bikes are in the back, I can stash things under them.

IMG_4929.jpg
    IMG_5674.jpg
    Photo1308.jpg
    Photo1305.jpg
    Photo1306.jpg
    Photo1258.jpg
    Photo1259.jpg
    Photo1260.jpg
    Photo1309(1).jpg

2. Jul 13, 2013 at 3:18 PM
    sbarnesvta

sbarnesvta Well-Known Member

Member:
    Burbank, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    I am digging the bike rack, I am looking at building something like this to carry 3 or 4 bikes.

Any more details on the stuff you used to make it?

3. Jul 20, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    JimmyJamTaco

JimmyJamTaco [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    WI
    Vehicle:
    Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100 Satoshi Grill Debadged Custom tailgate emblem Bedlined step sides

Products Discussed in

To Top