LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

'13 TX "PROAJA"

Old 05-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
littleblue81 is just really nicelittleblue81 is just really nicelittleblue81 is just really nicelittleblue81 is just really nicelittleblue81 is just really nice
littleblue81's Tacoma Gallery
'13 TX "PROAJA"

I'm finally able to make a build thread - been wanting a Taco for 6 years or so and have been looking forward to this for a long time.

Truck Specs/Mods:

2013 Tacoma TX Pro - DCSB - MGM Grey
+ Tacoma TX Baja Suspension Kit (PTR13-35120)
+ Icon AAL
+ Firestone Ride Rite Airbags (w/ 2in spacer)
+ 265/75/16 Duratrac (C Rated)
+ Access Literider Tonneau
+ Weathertech Floor Mats
+ Ultra Gauge
+ Anytime Fog Mod
+ Diff Breather Mod
+ Locking Gas Cap
+ Color Matched Grille
+ Plastidipped Bumper and Emblems
+ Trimmed Front Mud Flaps
+ Front Tint (35%)
+ MattGecko's LED Bedlight Kit
+ Custom TX Pro Graphics
+ TRD 3rd Brake Light
+ BAMF Sliders
+ Removed Faux Bead Lock

As She Sits Today

Purchase day

Tint Done

Duradracs

Fog Light Mod

Trimmed Flaps

Diff Breather

Plastidip

Ultragauge

SUSPENSION!!

Before

After

Out to play in some dirt

Durtrac Fail

Old 05-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
littleblue81 is just really nicelittleblue81 is just really nicelittleblue81 is just really nicelittleblue81 is just really nicelittleblue81 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TRDTX View Post
freakin awesome! if you don't mind me asking.... how did the suspension set up run?
$1500. Yes a bit expensive and yes could have got Icon or Kings, etc. etc.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleblue81 View Post

Marin Headlands?
Old 05-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Do you not have rear bump stops? I see the airbags with a spacer. What about a bump stop
Old 05-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Marin Headlands?
Yes sir!
Old 05-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Do you not have rear bump stops? I see the airbags with a spacer. What about a bump stop
When you install airbags you remove the bumpstop. The airbag is essentially now the bumpstop.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #8
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes sir!
Lol that was the first place I went after I got my truck
Old 05-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #10
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When you install airbags you remove the bumpstop. The airbag is essentially now the bumpstop.

Got it. Thanks
Old 05-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Lol that was the first place I went after I got my truck
Wait a min...did you used to park your truck in the lot at Strawberry Village by the Safeway?
Old 05-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #12
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
You gonna get a new Duratrac or just get another set of something?

Matt
Old 05-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
You gonna get a new Duratrac or just get another set of something?

Matt
Already got the new Duratrac. I haven't given up on them yet, but if I blow another one like this I don't think that I will be able to trust them.

Too many good things going for them to give up just yet.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #14
Haaann
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery

Ive had 2 sets and they havent let me down yet(knock on wood)
Old 05-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #15
It was such a weird flat. I wasn't rock crawling or anything. I did hit a bump kind of hard a little before the flat, not sure if that started the tear but I was doing a 3pt turn in soft sand (lake bed) when the tire gave out. I didn't see anything sharp that could have caused the tear when I was doing the 3pt turn. Really weird.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #16
Update: Installed Daystar Airbag Cradles

After the lift/airbag install the rear of my truck was riding a bit harsh on bigger bumps. With the stock Firestone setup I was limited to either limiting my down travel or limiting my uptravel/bottoming out too quickly.

Based on recommendation from Firestone, I purchased some Airbag Cradles from Daystar and removed the spacers.

http://daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=1232

The rear of the truck has been transformed now, the big bumps are being soaked up as they should be and I'm not limited at all on the droop. The only slight problem now is that the cups aren't 100% centered on the bag so the inside edges of the bag are just barely touching the cup. Might be a problem long term for wear.

So far, it seems that the mission has been accomplished. I'm getting great ride unloaded and have the ability to pump the bags up when I tow my boat.

At rest, no load, 5psi.

Testing droop - 5psi

Loaded boat - psi

Loaded boat 25 psi

Loaded boat - 25 psi

Before

After

Screwing around on a hill

Old 06-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #17
Added MattGecko's bed lights. They are freggin awesome.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #18
http://youtu.be/AqOGidgPzIY
Old 06-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #19
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
such a clean build man, i like how you ordered the OEM baja suspension, keeps it clean and factory, im sure youve got some kind of toyota warranty too for them so thats good. so far 5 stars, one of my favorite simple builds, great attention to detail
Old 06-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #20
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Built the truck to suit your needs! That is the way to do it!

Products Discussed in this Thread