Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

A Work in Progress

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
Truck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamisyn
Truck Girl's Tacoma Gallery
A Work in Progress

Welcome to my build/BS thread

So everyone is up to date.. in November 2013 I got in a 5 car wreck. (More details through out the thread starting pg 6)

Here is the initial damage from my truck.. 3 cars totaled 2 others damaged.

So all super cool mods were set aside while I rebuild it.

As of today (5/20/14) Here is how she sits. ALMOST back from the dead...

My Truck is a 2012 DCLB 4x4 and I bought it in Aug 2012 and waiting a whole 6 months before I started to do things to it. Had a lot planned with it until the accident. A lot of things got put on hold. Fixing a wrecked truck is not the cheapest thing I've ever done... imagine that

My overall goal with this truck is to have a good DD while still being to go offroad and play and work at the same time.

Current Mods
-Retro Fitted Halos (from Burt)
-5100's front and rear front set at 2.5" with stock coil overs
-Tires - Toyo MT 275/70r18
-Wheels - Black Ultra 195 Crusher
-NWTI weld together bumper kit with added tubing
-Tinted tail lights and 3rd brake light
-Bushwacker Fender flares
-Powder coated pink rivets on the flares
-Black Plasti-Derped rear bumper
-Tinted windows all the way around
-New Color Matched Grill
-GrillCraft mesh insert for the grill
-Toolbox
- PINK PINK PINK
What is left to be fixed in the rebuild:
-Paint (whenever I feel like paying for it....)

After the rebuild is completed:
-Rock Sliders
-Warn 8,00lb Winch
-Going to get a headache rack (Hauling my quad makes me nervous being so close to the back window)
-Heated Mirror Mod
-Skids
-Rear Bumper
-Leather Seats
-LED Lights in the rear so I can see at night backing up.

Now the canopy is on and off depending on my need and how Im feeling

when she was stock

First thing was first, a canopy, wheels and tires and spacers to level it out. 3" in the front 1.5" blocks in the rear (Now replaced with Billies set at 2.5" after the accident)

Then after a few months decided to take the canopy off. The main reason for it was to keep my puppy in there. But now that he is older he rides without it just fine. Plus I think it looks much better Also much easier to take my quad and bikes

Then after getting on to TW and seeing other trucks on here I decided to debadge it. Love it!

Here are some pics of this one weekend just having some fun up in the mountains

Attached Thumbnails
A Work in Progress-img_0068.jpg   A Work in Progress-100media-imag0587.jpg   A Work in Progress-imag0532.jpg   A Work in Progress-imag0547.jpg  
Old 05-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
porchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
porchop's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Lifting is still something I am on the fence about too. I got the truck for its durability and I see a spacer lift as making it less durable. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #5
Truck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werkro01 View Post
Lifting is still something I am on the fence about too. I got the truck for its durability and I see a spacer lift as making it less durable. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Yeah I did mine mainly to fit bigger tires and it was given to me so I decided it would work until I made up my mind on what I wanted. I definitely want some sort of lift just not sure exactly what. Been reading a lot on here and there is just so much info to look at on lifts! I thought it would be an easy decision but i guess not
Old 05-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

There are tons of options! I've been looking at Icon and Billstein. But they are expensive So I've been looking at the second hand market. How did you find the ride with your lift?
Old 05-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werkro01 View Post
There are tons of options! I've been looking at Icon and Billstein. But they are expensive So I've been looking at the second hand market. How did you find the ride with your lift?
I never really noticed a huge difference in the ride between stock and the lift. It still rides and drives really nice!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:19 AM   #8
Senior Clown

Well I'm eager to see how your truck turns out.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck! I can't wait to see that bumper finished and mounted up
Old 05-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Nice looking truck! I can't wait to see that bumper finished and mounted up
thanks! im pretty excited about it! getting pretty anxious to get it on!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #11
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd -- great truck and looking like you're having lots of fun with it too!! Washington here too!!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #12
"If you Didn't know,now you know"
blackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant future

Name: Rick
blackhorse's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! lookin forward to seein more mods done to your Tacoma.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #13
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
looking good
Old 06-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetDep View Post
Sub'd -- great truck and looking like you're having lots of fun with it too!! Washington here too!!
definitely having lots of fun with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhorse View Post
Nice! lookin forward to seein more mods done to your Tacoma.
thanks, I can't wait to get more done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien View Post
looking good
thanks!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #15
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good! Now let the spending begin!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #17

Been awhile since I did anything but finally over the three day weekend I took the time to tint by tail lights and 3rd brake light. Washed and waxed it too! Still working on the bumper slowly but surely! Almost ready to powder coat and finally put on!

Here is my truck with the tinted tail lights and after all washed and waxed

A Work in Progress-imag2289.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2293.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2294.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2299.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2302.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2305.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2314.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2332.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2334.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2336.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2337.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2338.jpg
Old 07-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #18
Senior Clown

It's getting closer.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #19

Well Bumper is just about finished FINALLY!! everyone helping me has been so busy we just kind of forgot about it. Mock fit it last night and doing some tweaks today and welding it up completely. Should have it primed and painted today and on the truck tonight if not tomorrow. Going to the truck shop tonight to look at some new LED fog lights. should be a fun decision either way will be done by Friday!!

A Work in Progress-imag2480.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2481.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2489.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2494.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2495.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2496.jpg

A Work in Progress-imag2500.jpg

I drove it home like this, wasn't too far but the looks I got were pretty funny. Even someone I know called thinking I wrecked lol Drove my other truck to work today though so we didnt have to put the old bumper on again!

A Work in Progress-imag2501.jpg
Old 07-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #20

BUMPER IS DONE!! :)

okay well the bumper is done for now still debating on a few things.

1. We painted it black for now but almost wondering if bed liner would work better? had any one done this? how does it look?

2. what kind of lighting should I do? I was going to do 2 square LED fog lights but have kind of steered away with that and leaning more towards the LED light bar to mount to the top of the plate. Is there any "preferred" or "bad" light brand?

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Products Discussed in this Thread