Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

07 Silver TRD pre runner ( the never ending project )

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
BudTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
BudTRD's Tacoma Gallery
07 Silver TRD pre runner ( the never ending project )

The day i bought her....

she had about 55k and i paid $16,950 .

This was one of my first times out off road in the new truck. also first time with some new toys ;-)

Time for some upgrades.... ( cant stand stock vehicles )

Ordered the Toytec 3" coilovers .

Next came Camburg ball joint upper arms. But after 6 months of calling and reseaching i could find a replacement ball joint that would fit in camburgs arms, my stock ball joints were shot from the last guy who installed a spacer lift, and with the new ball joints they were either too big or too small and camburg had no real solution other than upgrade to Uniball UCA which i did.

Then i ordered some Centric rotors, EBC green stuff pads and also ordered a set of doug thorley shorty headers because im in Cali and have to pass smog. ( btw... that rotor/pad set up SUCKS. rotor has warped after 15k miles and the pads are noisy and dont bite as well as hawk pads )

Only took me 2 hrs to do both sides.

Ordered a set of new headlights off ebay for $150 for lights and fog lights. Another $30 for the HID kits. ( ebay headlights need silicone where HID bulb mounted to housing, mine leak and i have black water residue inside the housing now :-( .

Loving these HID lights, especially traveling highways at night.

This is how she sits with toytec 3" coilovers, Camburg Uniball UCA's and a 285" Cooper discoverer STT ( i loove this tire ) . although i like how it looks, the truck rides very very stiff. handles great on the road but the coilovers are compresed so hard that going over speed bumps feels and sounds like im shooting my coil spring out of a cannon .

So after reseaching a lot of TW and youtube, i decided to go with Spintech for a muffler. Turns out he was local so i drove to the shop, met the owner and picked up the muffler which he made for me on the spot.

Got everything installed at a local muffler shop for about $600 in labor. But i am very very pleased with the results. I can for sure notiuce the lowe end torque gains and the spintech muffler sounds very unique and loud.
( FYI , installing headers did not help with the tacoma tic at all, if anything it got a little worse ) with everything installed i can fully roast the tires off the line with my 285" mud terrains .

Special dilivery today at work ! I ordered a set of 285/70/17 Mickey thompson sidebiter wheel, wrapped with a Cooper discoverer STT mud tires.

Called in sick at work so i could spend the day installing the goods lol

Looking sexy...

This is how it will sit when you install a 4" spindle with a 3" coilover from toytec. Luckily they are adjustable so now time to go get alignment and drop the shocks back down for some travel. ( she rides likes a F350 right now haha bouncing all over sooo stuff it feels like its gonna break something )

This is the most recent picture... after allignment and having the coil oilver adjusted for full travel ( softest setting ) . and i must admit that this si the best the truck has ever felt . speed bumps are hardly noticable, dips? potholes? i didint feel it lol . cant wait to take her out in the dirt soon....

FYI i just passed smog with the headers , you need to look up the CA smog ID# ( not the one on the stamp on the headers ) and it needs to match the part # AND your exact model/year truck. it took almost 45 minutes for the smog shop to find it. But they mad eme put my stock air intake back on because im running the AFE stage 2 without the charcoal filter.

Next on the list:

Wet okole seat covers
Pioneer touchscreen headunit
Fox suspension front and back ( maybe king )
and some new brakes that wont warp hopefully lol
Old 06-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
truck look good bud
Old 06-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
Just a Taco guy, both food & truck
TheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christopher
TheRedTac0's Tacoma Gallery
Were you in Vegas a few weeks ago?

I swear I've seen you before...
Old 06-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #5

BudTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I a was in Vegas a few weeks ago , I go out there pretty often
Old 06-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
dayum!!!!

love that chin up look just makes a attitude badass looking truck
cherreh build man!!
Old 06-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
Toyotachris is on a distinguished road
Toyotachris's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin truck! I am curious about the lift... specifically the angle of the driveshaft. Do you think added stress has been placed upon your U-joints? I have a 2011 Pre Runner with the two peice drive shaft. I also have a 'Rough Country' 3" lift (http://www.amazon.com/Rough-Country-.../dp/B00B2B5V00) which I have not yet.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #8

BudTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Actually i have noticed some noise coming from that area, but im not sure what it is yet. it kinda sounds like a crinking/popping almost like the uniball when its dry and dirty . I was guessing before i did this that i may have to change something to correct the angle. Im planning on jackin her up this weekend and checking over all the bolts and nuts to make sure nothing has come loose since the install. I would highly recomend this combination for a affordable mid travel kit though. I am very happy with the look and how it handles.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #9

BudTRD's Tacoma Gallery
These finnaly arrived from www.autoanything.com . with TW discount i paid $216 shipped.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #10
dwsalley95 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dylan
dwsalley95's Tacoma Gallery
awesome looking truck man... and love the squat haha. was wondering if you could dm me the link to the exact covers that you got?

Products Discussed in this Thread