Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Overland-ish DCLB Build

Old 06-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #21
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
good looking truck! and I've had 5100's with 886's on my 06 for two years and havent had a problem, I also have an ARB winch bumper and warn 8000lb winch, so you should be fine! i know another guy who has a similar set up on his 4runner, 5100's set at .85" with OME coils and a shrockworks bumper and winch and he hasnt had any problems either
Old 06-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #22
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Those look nice! I was going to fumble around with trying to fit a rear wiper on it but it wasn't worth the risk. I grew up driving stake body trucks so I'm used to not being able to see out the rear window The shell I have I was fortunate yo stumble across on here. A member in NY bought a used truck and he didn't want it. It was priced well and the right color and everything! Another story of how TW helped me spend my money!
Yea I drove a first generation Chevy Malibu Maxx () before I bought this. Let's not compare my Tacoma to that hunk of crappy sheet metal and wires that was somehow made to look like an automobile but it didn't have a rear wiper either and was difficult to drive in any sort of whether and see out the rear window too. Glad I got rid of it though.

This site does have a way of helping you empty your bank account.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #23
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
good looking truck! and I've had 5100's with 886's on my 06 for two years and havent had a problem, I also have an ARB winch bumper and warn 8000lb winch, so you should be fine! i know another guy who has a similar set up on his 4runner, 5100's set at .85" with OME coils and a shrockworks bumper and winch and he hasnt had any problems either
Thanks! It now needs a new name. I was calling it butters before but now that name seems not to fit... I need a good penguin name...

(I should also use the multi-quote function but hey it's a free country ... at least for the time being)
Old 06-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #24
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werkro01 View Post
Thanks! It now needs a new name. I was calling it butters before but now that name seems not to fit... I need a good penguin name...

(I should also use the multi-quote function but hey it's a free country ... at least for the time being)
gotta get that post count up hoss!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #25
Go Pro Junkie

just googled penguin names, needless to say i was not disappointed hahaha

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1063753AAZUkMF
Old 06-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #26
Senior Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
just googled penguin names, needless to say i was not disappointed hahaha

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1063753AAZUkMF
The last post there was great!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #27
Senior Clown

Interior mods

Interior mod update! Nothing super special but worth noting.

Like I mentioned I have Weather Tech floor liners.

I mounted my garage door opener in the center console since I got tiered of digging around in there everyday. For some reason I am really proud of this mod since it was pretty much the first one I did.

You might ask, "What are you going to do when it runs out of batteries". Since I just mounted it with velcro tape from the hardware store it'll come right off and remount real easy like.

One day I would like to reupholster the seats so that the center is the same fabric except black or darker grey to match the interior colors better. I would also like to make myself a custom center console organizer.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #28
Senior Clown

+5 HP

So yesterday I painted my engine cover. Took a little while but got it all done and it looks great. Thus, +5 HP!

Old 07-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #29
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Are you still running 886s with the 5100s? Just curious how the ride is.

Also, have you taken hub to fender measurements? I'm really curious how the truck sits.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #30
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet build man! What are your long term mods? Over landing means fun projects to improve functionality, in the same spirit as the garage door opener, I'm stoked to see what you end up with. Checked out expedition portal yet?
Old 07-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #31
Senior Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Are you still running 886s with the 5100s? Just curious how the ride is.

Also, have you taken hub to fender measurements? I'm really curious how the truck sits.
Going to have all that put together on Tuesday (or at least start). I'll let you know how it goes most definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Sweet build man! What are your long term mods? Over landing means fun projects to improve functionality, in the same spirit as the garage door opener, I'm stoked to see what you end up with. Checked out expedition portal yet?
I'm not too sure. Not much over landing in the New England area I know of so it'll depend a lot on what I encounter on trails. Hell, if I start encountering a ton of tight squeezes I may just get a 1st gen single cab, bed line the whole thing and take that thing to town with mods. Right now I am unsure. We shall see what the trails hold.

Also, thanks! I am glad other people like my truck besides me.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:40 AM   #32
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed. Definatly check out Expedition Portal. There are some crazy things going on over there. You'll be able to find any adventure anywhere on there. And a good chunk of TW are on there too.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #33
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Good wheeling trip the demello armor looks awesome.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #34
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Get some better tires, you would have crawled right up like the rest of us.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #35
Senior Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk1589 View Post
Get some better tires, you would have crawled right up like the rest of us.
Guess what's happening today.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #36
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werkro01 View Post
Guess what's happening today.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #37
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Done yet
Old 07-10-2013, 05:41 AM   #38
Senior Clown

Quote:
Done yet
Sadly no. Work gets in the way of getting everything done quickly. I got the tires mounted and balanced yesterday. Suspension (shocks and springs) needs to be mounted and tuned with the differential drop. Then the alignment needs to be done. Getting it laser aligned. The nerd in me loves that. Once it is done I am gonna have pictures.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #39
Banned
Spelt (TIRES) not tiers
Old 07-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #40
Senior Clown

Quote:
Spelt (TIRES) not tiers
I have no idea what you're talking about... yea that's the dyslexia right there.

(I'm talking about me not you... I do have dyslexia)