Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Overland-ish DCLB Build

Old 07-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #41
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Apparently ToyTec sent the wrong shocks. They were apparently boxed incorrectly. That's pretty much been my day.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #42
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werkro01 View Post
Apparently ToyTec sent the wrong shocks. They were apparently boxed incorrectly. That's pretty much been my day.
Suckfest. They should give you the right shocks for free.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #43
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Suckfest. They should give you the right shocks for free.
They will or they might find themselves in the Florida Everglades naked and with a bunch of ribeye stakes tied to them... or more likely a nasty letter from me.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #44
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
They will or they might find themselves in the Florida Everglades naked and with a bunch of ribeye stakes tied to them... or more likely a nasty letter from me.
Bet they'd cut you a deal, like 50% off and they eat shipping.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #45
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bet they'd cut you a deal, like 50% off and they eat shipping.
I doubt it with toytec. Shoulda ordered from DSM, i got free shocks from them
Old 07-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
I doubt it with toytec. Shoulda ordered from DSM, i got free shocks from them
Good thing I've never ordered from them. If they don't make a concession for fucking over a customer than I'm not giving them my business. I'll also start trashing them at every possible opportunity.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #47
Senior Clown

Quote:
Good thing I've never ordered from them. If they don't make a concession for fucking over a customer than I'm not giving them my business. I'll also start trashing them at every possible opportunity.
Well they didn't "fuck me over". It's an honest mistake to have a box mislabeled since they probably don't want to open it so that the customer gets a nice sealed box. But I agree that they should eat the shipping cost for overnight or at least PDQ shipping since it was a pretty big ass mistake. With my suspension all apart it would be nice to hear "yea we'll have it there by friday". Otherwise that's a pretty bad business attitude. I have to deal with this kind of stuff all the time for work so I know it's no fun being on their end either.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #48

Quote:
Well they didn't "fuck me over". It's an honest mistake to have a box mislabeled since they probably don't want to open it so that the customer gets a nice sealed box. But I agree that they should eat the shipping cost for overnight or at least PDQ shipping since it was a pretty big ass mistake. With my suspension all apart it would be nice to hear "yea we'll have it there by friday". Otherwise that's a pretty bad business attitude. I have to deal with this kind of stuff all the time for work so I know it's no fun being on their end either.
I know shit happens, understandable. But my truck is my DD, if I pull it apart to do an install and they sent me the wrong stuff they fucked me.

You're not asking them to make you a five course dinner, just put in the right parts and get them to you. Plus, they pocket some cash from the transaction. It's kinda their job.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #49
Senior Clown

Quote:
I know shit happens, understandable. But my truck is my DD, if I pull it apart to do an install and they sent me the wrong stuff they fucked me.

You're not asking them to make you a five course dinner, just put in the right parts and get them to you. Plus, they pocket some cash from the transaction. It's kinda their job.
My truck is my DD and work vehicle... I am up the creek without a paddle right now. I need these parts yesterday.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #50

Quote:
My truck is my DD and work vehicle... I am up the creek without a paddle right now. I need these parts yesterday.
I refer you to my original statement, you've been fucked.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #51
Senior Clown

Quote:
I refer you to my original statement, you've been fucked.
Yup like a school girl at prom.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #52
Senior Clown

Little update: The stock suspension is back on with the stock tiers and wheels. Gonna have to wait until next week for the shocks and stuff. Glad there are no wheeling trips... but there is a car show this weekend at the Simsbury airport.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #53

Man, that's ghey.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:10 AM   #54
Senior Clown

Quote:
Man, that's ghey.
The stock part or the car show part?
Old 07-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #55

Quote:
The stock part or the car show part?
Having to put everything back together.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #56
Senior Clown

Yea... I was really disappointed my lift and new tires didn't get to be put on this week. Once they do I'm gonna start saving for some skid plates. Then I'm gonna have to take a break from modding the truck for a while.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #57
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Wheres the gopro vids!?
Old 07-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #58
Senior Clown

Haven't been able to go up and see Andy. I'll be seeing him saturday for his birthday. So I'll get those pics and vids out of him then.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #59
Senior Clown

Finally Lifted.

So the story continues with ToyTec... They apparently couldn't get their shit tougher and get the right parts to the shop. So an order was placed for a Rancho lift with new upper control arms () and put on. It works great despite the rear lift being blocks. Thus the rear end rides a bit hard but it's better than a poke in the eye. The tires are still grinding on the inside of the wheel well so I guess a CMC and some trimming are in my future. I'll need some help though who's up for it? I pay in beer and/or liquor.

Here's what was done with the rear license plate to light it at night. Two LEDs were recessed into the bumper. It looks clean and awesome.

Here's all the other crap that came off my truck. Which I am selling shocks (fronts with the springs), upper control arms, U-bolts and other stuff. Not selling the wheels so I can mount some winter tires on them.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #60
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So the story continues with ToyTec... They apparently couldn't get their shit tougher and get the right parts to the shop. So an order was placed for a Rancharo lift with new upper control arms () and put on. It works great despite the rear lift being blocks. Thus the rear end rides a bit hard but it's better than a poke in the eye. The tires are still grinding on the inside of the wheel well so I guess a CMC and some trimming are in my future. I'll need some help though who's up for it? I pay in beer and/or liquor.

Here's what was done with the rear license plate to light it at night. Two LEDs were recessed into the bumper. It looks clean and awesome.

Here's all the other crap that came off my truck. Which I am selling shocks (fronts with the springs), upper control arms, U-bolts and other stuff. Not selling the wheels so I can mount some winter tires on them.

]

Lookin good! glad you finally got the right lift...