1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The 5150 Garage, build, and force fed help thread

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Justus, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Jun 23, 2014 at 7:52 PM
    Justus

Justus [OP] fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
  2. Jun 23, 2014 at 9:04 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    I enjoyed that :popcorn:

3. Jun 23, 2014 at 9:22 PM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    thanks Tor

:bowdown:

4. Jun 24, 2014 at 7:58 AM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    Lower MX mesh should be here today......

Now to get the gf to work :)

5. Jun 24, 2014 at 8:52 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
  6. Jun 24, 2014 at 11:19 AM
    Vassily28

Vassily28 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Quebec, Quebec, Canada
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD SPORT 4x4 Quadcab LB
    TRD supercharger with 2.85" URD stealth pulley and OEM FPR mod. URD fuel pump upgrade, URD TB plate adapter 70mm, FJ/4 runner 70 mm Throttle body, URD exhaust cam gears URD performance thermostat TRD CAI 1st gen. with custom cover (coupe), ProDry S + Filter skin, Doug thorley long tube headers, URD spec U exhaust Icon LT 2.5 front coilover, Timbren front bumpstops, Total Choas UCA, Deaver custom leafpack 3 inch. lift, Icon 2.5 VS series rear resishocks, Timbren rear bumpstops, ARB front bumper with WARN 8500 lbs winch,Hella 500 blackmagic, AVID rear bumper, Allpro front IFS skid + Trans. skid + Transfercase skid. Total chaos LCA skid, SS braided brake line, URD O2 sims, URD MAF controller, Wetokole front seatcovers, Innovate MTX-L, MTX-D AFR and boost gage.
    It sounds pretty well. A lot better then mine.

7. Jun 25, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish

Now u make me wanna paint her flat black :D

Big fan of the man here

Thanks for the compliment, its a never ending deal and I have been thru the stock piping with a flowmaster 40 (too much drone)........... Then on to the URD 3" exhaust/headers/ypipe (too much rasp)

to what we have now with the swap from the URD supplied magnaflow (huge muffler), to a flowmaster super44 on 3" piping and most recently the URD TCAI.

Im sure Im not done.......... I still have that damn pulley staring at me in the garage.... If I can find someone to do the swap, I may go that route.

I also need to do a VB upgrade.

next will prolly be a simple experiment with the gauges (AFR and boost)..... I am gunna try different shades of tint film because the boost gauge can be bright at night, and I also want to see if I can make a "phantom" style gauge with the tint film. Basically I want the 2 gauges to go black when the truck is off.

Just limited with what I can do here lately.

Still waiting on the lower MX mesh to come in........ My buddy will be helping with that, but he cannot help with the blower pulley.

8. Jun 25, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    Shoot me ideas for more vids.............

I know I need to get Tor a 40-90 pull for XRU.

I also wanna see if the headers glow at all under certain situations..... If so, that could prove to be a badass video right?

9. Jun 25, 2014 at 5:42 AM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish

Now u make me wanna paint her flat black :D

Big fan of the man here

At just the right time, I can hear it ALMOST sound like open headers.... It must be the "burble" of the flowmaster tho. usually at idle and load rpm, low load.

Thanks for the compliment, its a never ending deal and I have been thru the stock piping with a flowmaster 40 (too much drone)........... Then on to the URD 3" exhaust/headers/ypipe (too much rasp).

to what we have now with the swap from the URD supplied magnaflow (huge muffler), to a flowmaster super44 on 3" piping and most recently the URD TCAI.

Im sure Im not done.......... I still have that damn pulley staring at me in the garage.... If I can find someone to do the swap, I may go that route.

I also need to do a VB upgrade.

next will prolly be a simple experiment with the gauges (AFR and boost)..... I am gunna try different shades of tint film because the boost gauge can be bright at night, and I also want to see if I can make a "phantom" style gauge with the tint film. Basically I want the 2 gauges to go black when the truck is off.

Just limited with what I can do here lately.

Still waiting on the lower MX mesh to come in........ My buddy will be helping with that, but he cannot help with the blower pulley.

10. Jun 25, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    Vassily28

Member:
    Quebec, Quebec, Canada
    Vehicle:
    TRD supercharger with 2.85" URD stealth pulley and OEM FPR mod. URD fuel pump upgrade, URD TB plate adapter 70mm, FJ/4 runner 70 mm Throttle body, URD exhaust cam gears URD performance thermostat TRD CAI 1st gen. with custom cover (coupe), ProDry S + Filter skin, Doug thorley long tube headers, URD spec U exhaust Icon LT 2.5 front coilover, Timbren front bumpstops, Total Choas UCA, Deaver custom leafpack 3 inch. lift, Icon 2.5 VS series rear resishocks, Timbren rear bumpstops, ARB front bumper with WARN 8500 lbs winch,Hella 500 blackmagic, AVID rear bumper, Allpro front IFS skid + Trans. skid + Transfercase skid. Total chaos LCA skid, SS braided brake line, URD O2 sims, URD MAF controller, Wetokole front seatcovers, Innovate MTX-L, MTX-D AFR and boost gage.
    There is so many factors involved in the sound produce by the exhaust.

On my side i have the DTLT + DT Y-Pipe + TRD catback + Vibrant ultraquiet resonator. It doesn't sound bad but not throaty like your.

11. Jun 25, 2014 at 7:28 AM
    Vassily28

Member:
    Quebec, Quebec, Canada
    Vehicle:
    What's the problem with the pulley? I you have the tool, it's not too bad to do. It will awake your SC. On my side it was a 17 HP gain at peak (less important) but 34 lbs-pi at 3650 rpm.

I would like the VB upgrade too but it's a bit more complicated cause you have to send your unit.

My innovate gages have a 2 intensity light. At night when truck light are on, the gage's light is less bright.

12. Jun 25, 2014 at 7:42 AM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    I can't do anything that causes me to twist my back right now.

As for psi, I peak at 6.5-7 weather permitting.

13. Jun 25, 2014 at 8:26 AM
    BradyT88

BradyT88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Get some old tires to put on the rear and roast them down to the wheels doing donuts in the dark. That should let us see your headers glow (if they do) and if not we can see you roll flames off of your tires ;)

The only downside is that when the tires do go they may damage your bedsides...

I'd be willing to do it, but my bedsides can't get much worse. haha I'd have to go down to your elevation to be able to do it without boost though... Not enough go out of my motor at 5000 ft...

14. Jun 25, 2014 at 8:38 AM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    You hit 7 on the stock pulley with add ons? That is quite impressive... Bolt ons will generally make your boost number appear lower. I peaked at 9 in Texas this past summer. Best I can reach right now is 7.

15. Jun 25, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    STiLL WILL

STiLL WILL MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt [again, not WILL]
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra TRD Sport 4wd
    Yes, I sold my '13 Taco. :'(
    Yeah that is pretty high on the stock pulley.

I'm damn near sea level and I peak at 7.5 with my 2.85.

16. Jun 25, 2014 at 11:02 AM
    Vassily28

Member:
    Quebec, Quebec, Canada
    Vehicle:
    With the stock pulley it was around 5.5-6 psi.

With the 2.85 pulley it's mostly 7.5 psi at sea level in summer conditions but i've obtained something like 9 psi in winter season at -30C. OMG the truck was loving it and pulling very hard.

17. Jun 30, 2014 at 12:53 PM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    I think a friend will loan me his gopro 3 for another vid.......... LMK of any cheap/free 265/75/16 tires I can burn off.

or 265/70/16

that stage 1 STi I met earlier may let me borrow another camera too

18. Jun 30, 2014 at 12:56 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    My DSMS hat needs to retire finally :D

thanks again!

19. Jun 30, 2014 at 12:57 PM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    lmao.............. ur welcome sir!

Ill let Sonny know

20. Jun 30, 2014 at 12:58 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

All the hicks here be like ....whats DSMS?

Products Discussed in

To Top