Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The 5150 Garage, build, and force fed help thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #22
First class awesome
CrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CrackerJackMack's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJackMack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
PERFORMANCE CRAP
  • TRD SUPERCHARGER
  • AFE STAGE 2 Si
  • STEALTH PULLEY (IN HAND)
  • URD Y PIPE
  • URD MK2 EXHAUST (3") WITH CUSTOM ROUTING SO IT ACTUALLY FITS
  • WALBRO 255
  • 02 SIMULATORS
  • DOUG THORLEY LONG TUBE HEADERS
  • NO CATS
This a sand toy and if not, how in the world do you pass inspection? I have the JBA long tube headers and seriously considering the URD Y pipe myself but I'm worried I won't pass emissions.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #23
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
installed an OBD2 Y adapter...... bought scangauge and with the help of Snapper, got the trans temp to display.

the scangauge sucks IMHO for information per page, but it has a few tricks I like.

Im looking to flush mount it either in place of the temp/compass display, or where the clock is.

Ultragauge needs a new mount (the adapter on the gooseneck broke).

its always something.

I think the "HP" gauge on the scangauge is pretty comical...... how the hell is this thing supposed to even attempt to calculate hp?
Old 09-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #24
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt C6 View Post
Nice Build.
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJackMack View Post
This a sand toy and if not, how in the world do you pass inspection? I have the JBA long tube headers and seriously considering the URD Y pipe myself but I'm worried I won't pass emissions.
yep, sand toy
Old 09-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #25
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
installed an OBD2 Y adapter...... bought scangauge and with the help of Snapper, got the trans temp to display.

the scangauge sucks IMHO for information per page, but it has a few tricks I like.

Im looking to flush mount it either in place of the temp/compass display, or where the clock is.

Ultragauge needs a new mount (the adapter on the gooseneck broke).

its always something.

I think the "HP" gauge on the scangauge is pretty comical...... how the hell is this thing supposed to even attempt to calculate hp?
Got pics of your Trans temp guage? I've been wanting to do one, but haven't got around to it yet. haha

Oh and subbed
Old 09-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #26
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I think I put in 3700lb....... Sound right for a full tank, toolbox, my tires, and 270lb driver?

Anyone?
Not sure what Pre-runner's factory curb weight is but that seems pretty low... 4x4 Auto DCSB factory curb weight is about 4200lbs so 270lb drive plus that stuff should put your around 4700-4800lbs minus the 4wd system which can't be more than 100-200lbs I imagine...

EDIT: Did a little googling and found that your curb weight (which is supposed to included all fluids and such) is 3725lbs. So add your stuff and you and you are looking at 4200-4300lbs at least. I put mine on a scale with just my usual gear in it and it weighed 5440lbs. Then add me and my wife and some camping gear and I break 6000lbs really fast...
Old 09-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #27

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Not sure what Pre-runner's factory curb weight is but that seems pretty low... 4x4 Auto DCSB factory curb weight is about 4200lbs so 270lb drive plus that stuff should put your around 4700-4800lbs minus the 4wd system which can't be more than 100-200lbs I imagine...

EDIT: Did a little googling and found that your curb weight (which is supposed to included all fluids and such) is 3725lbs. So add your stuff and you and you are looking at 4200-4300lbs at least. I put mine on a scale with just my usual gear in it and it weighed 5440lbs. Then add me and my wife and some camping gear and I break 6000lbs really fast...
For ac long bed should be a little lighter maybe?
Old 09-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #28

My edit is for an access cab long bed Prerunner with the V6 auto. Your pickup should have weighed about 3725lbs sitting on the dealer lot brand new (assuming it had a full tank of gas). Any thing you have added is extra weight from there.

Like I said my curb weight was 4200lbs so I have added about 1200lbs of stuff to it.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:50 AM   #29

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Shit, been a long day sorry bout that.... I'm gonna figure out who runs the scale about 5 miles away and see if I can jump on it. If that doesn't work, I'll head to the dump and use their scale.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #30

Quote:
Shit, been a long day sorry bout that.... I'm gonna figure out who runs the scale about 5 miles away and see if I can jump on it. If that doesn't work, I'll head to the dump and use their scale.
There ya go! My dad's work has a scale that I have hopped on a few times. My rig weighed 4840lbs the day I bought it... don't know the empty tool box and bullbar with 2 lights weighed almost 600lbs
Old 10-09-2013, 05:31 AM   #31

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
rain in forecast..................... should be fun
Old 10-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #32

Quote:
rain in forecast..................... should be fun
I'll bet. Haha. We had some rain last week and I engaged my rear locker and walked the truck sideways for quite a ways on a few corners pretty easily and on dry pavement I can't even get a 1 tire fire... haha.

Bet you can't hit the speed limiter while barely moving on wet pavement haha

Man that would chew some tires up... haha.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #33

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll bet. Haha. We had some rain last week and I engaged my rear locker and walked the truck sideways for quite a ways on a few corners pretty easily and on dry pavement I can't even get a 1 tire fire... haha.

Bet you can't hit the speed limiter while barely moving on wet pavement haha

Man that would chew some tires up... haha.
Considering the rules, even if I tried, I couldn't comment safely.

I didn't sleep well so I stayed in bed and wrapped my shoulder and back in a heating pad. Multiple back shoulder and neck injuries don't like the weather. Its been so long since it rained, I forgot just how bad the cold and moisture hurts. Knee also ain't feeling very good.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #34

True True. haha

Sorry about the rainy day problems... Hopefully you'll be back on your feet tomorrow
Old 10-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #35

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
True True. haha

Sorry about the rainy day problems... Hopefully you'll be back on your feet tomorrow
Gonna take a hot shower....... Maybe I'll get out tonight.

I'll take that pic of the trans temp readout for ya if I remember.

I forgot to order some polarized film last night..... I want reverse the look of the SG. I wanna see if I can get the background black, and the numbers lit. It will benefit night vision.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #37

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelsisTaco View Post
Looks sweet
Thank u.

She blends in on the road and in parking lots unless u have an eye open for the small details.

I like the sleeper part.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #38

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
working on speakers............... head unit installed lastnight.

just want decent clear tunes, bluetooth, mp3, and thats about it...

I had the factory radio before with no aux in, no mp3, no jbl, single disc. did its job I guess.
I also want the empty pocket of a single DIN so I can possibly integrate the scangauge display there...... we shall see.

no sub will be installed at this time and its not on my to do list either. I will probably install only 1 small 75 watt X4 amp.

Dont need/want attention, nor distraction.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:15 AM   #39

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
no pics of rear speakers, but they are now a pair of Sony XS GT1638F, no good pics of head unit yet, but its a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597.

Fronts are Kenwood 5 way 6x9's ..... KFC-6994PS, mounted with modified factory brackets.

before:

after;
Old 11-08-2013, 03:35 AM   #40
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery

Products Discussed in this Thread