Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The 5150 Garage, build, and force fed help thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Post The 5150 Garage, build, and force fed help thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLovrSzqkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO8QNFQhNdc

her most recent pic

PERFORMANCE CRAP
  • TRD SUPERCHARGER
  • AFE STAGE 2 Si
  • STEALTH PULLEY installed
  • URD Y PIPE
  • URD MK2 EXHAUST (3") WITH CUSTOM ROUTING SO IT ACTUALLY FITS
  • WALBRO 255
  • 02 SIMULATORS
  • DOUG THORLEY LONG TUBE HEADERS
  • NO CATS

BRAKES
  • EBC STAGE 5 (DIMPLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS WITH YELLOW STUFF PADS
  • SS BRAIDED BRAKE LINES
  • ABS KILLSWITCH

SUSPENSION AND SHOES
  • GOODYEAR WRANGLER AUTHORITY LT 265/75/16 LOAD RANGE C
  • EIBACH 620'S
  • BILLY 5100S FRONT SET AT ZERO
  • REAR 5100S
  • ICON PROGRESSIVE AAL
  • WHEELERS SUPERBUMPS FRONT AND REAR
  • TOYTEC 1/4" LEAN SPACER ON DRIVER SIDE ONLY

INTERIOR
  • AEM WIDEBAND 02
  • AUTOMETER BOOST GAUGE CUSTOM MOUNT
  • LOTEK A PILLAR POD
  • GLOVE BOX AND CENTER CONSOLE ORGANIZER
  • WEATHERTECH FRONT AND REAR
  • OEM BED MAT
  • LED MAP AND OVERHEAD LIGHTS
  • CUSTOM OVERHEAD CONSOLE SWITCHES
  • NEOPRENE SEAT COVERS
  • REARVIEW MIRROR RELOCATION BRACKET
  • FULL TINT
  • REAR WINDOW SECURITY BAR

MISC CRAP
  • AVID OFFROAD LIGHTBAR
  • REVENGE FAB SLIDERS
  • 2011 OEM SMOKED FRONT LIGHTS
  • 2011 LED REAR LIGHTS
  • DEBADGED
  • 42 DRAFT DESIGNS ULTIMATE OIL CATCH CAN
  • POP N LOCK
  • HOSE CLAMP MOD
  • OEM FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR MOD
  • FOG ANYTIME MOD
  • REWORKED SWITCH BANK BY DRIVERS LEFT KNEE
  • CUSTOM GPS MOUNT
  • FREE TWEETER MOD
  • 2 WAY PAGING ALARM
  • EXTRA D RINGS IN FRONT SECTION OF BED
  • CHEAP POS KOBALT TOOLBOX (SLIM/LOW PRO) MOUNTED ON OEM CLEATS/RAIL
  • ULTRAGAUGE
  • ELM DEVICE IN HAND FOR FUTURE MODS
  • GRILLCRAFT WITH OPENED UP TRIANGLES
  • . 5150 crazy badass toyota tacoma mod from hell

HP/TQ..............................WHO KNOWS

Old 06-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
ROTORS AKA EBC STAGE 5

PADS AKA EBC STAGE 5

CUSTOM MK2 EXHAUST RE ROUTE WITH A FULL SIZE SPARE!

BOOSTY BOOST AKA AUTOMETER BOOST GAUGE

BOOSTY MC.BOOST MAKER AKA TRD SUPERCHARGER

ASSORTED GO FASTER STUFF AKA U NDER DOG RACING Y PIPE, MK2 EXHAUST, DOUG THORLEY LONG TUBE HEADERS

42DD ULTIMATE CATCH CAN

AFR AND LOTEK MOCK UP (LOTEK FITMENT IS SHIT)

FRONT SUPERBUMP ON LEFT, STOCK ON RIGHT

REAR SUPERBUMP ON LEFT, STOCK ON RIGHT

GRILLECRAFT
Old 06-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #3

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
MY BUDDY GOING FOR AN ICE CREAM RUN

MY OTHER PAL ROLLING TO IN N OUT AT MIDNIGHT

I WASNT AWARE 3" PIPING WAS THIS BIG

AND THE POS TOOLBOX.......ONLY HOLDS MY FIRST AID SUPPLIES AND SOME TOOLS..... HERE U CAN ALSO SEE THE CABLE AND PADLOCKS I WASTED MONEY ON SINCE MY SPARE DIDNT FIT UNDER THE TRUCK LIKE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO FOR A FEW WEEKS.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #4

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
whats next?

installing the stealth 2.85

Im still bottoming out the afr at 10 during WOT, so why not?

Old 08-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #5
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
first post in Brock's build thread. Everyone pat attention in here, you just might learn something.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #6

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
first post in Brock's build thread. Everyone pat attention in here, you just might learn something.
bahahahha, congrats Mr 1st poster.

Im not a great teacher, but Ill try and answer any questions

I will say this....................

I can still get 320-350 miles per tank IF I choose to run it that low, which I dont most of the time.... I try to fill when I hit 1/4 tank.

most common mistake I hear "ur gas mileage will suffer with a supercharger"

incorrect as long as your not boost crazy with the right foot.... The bypass valve must be doing its job. Besides, just today I was driving up cuesta grade in san luis obispo (7% grade) doing 50 in 4th behind some slow cars.... boost gauge read "0"....... I then seen an opening when people got the F' over, and hit the gas.... boost gauge read "6" until I eased back on the gas and cruised up it doing 70 (in 4th again)and the boost gauge then read "0".
Old 08-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #7
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Got any full-shot pictures?

Love the boosty mc boost maker...

Matt
Old 08-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #8
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
just stopping by to say and im going to keep this thread
Old 08-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #9

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Got any full-shot pictures?

Love the boosty mc boost maker...

Matt
Not recent.............Its pretty subdued on the outside... The only thing u notice different from any other SSM is the tires, sliders (which u need to be close up to see anyhow since they are tucked to the frame), toolbox, and a (now empty) Avid offroad light bar. Shes a sleeping giant.

Im hoping to wake up the Boosty Mc.Boost soon with that pulley
Ive already blown through 1 set of tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
just stopping by to say and im going to keep this thread
Ill get some more pics soon....... like I posted above, its plain jane from the outside now... All the pics I have on hand are with sock decals, DSM decals, lightforces, blah blah blah..... Im liking this plain Jane look tho
Old 08-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #10
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It's a good looking truck, stock or otherwise. I think if I did a performance vehicle, it'd be way more fun to have a sleeper than a show piece.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #11

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
It's a good looking truck, stock or otherwise. I think if I did a performance vehicle, it'd be way more fun to have a sleeper than a show piece.
makes things easier in parking lots too.......... SSM is super common around here. She blends right in and doesnt draw attention
Old 08-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #12
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Guess I'll sub to this slow pos
Old 08-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #13

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Guess I'll sub to this slow pos

howdy Mr. storm trooper maybe not a storm trooper!

wait, is that 3 out of 4 of you being storm troopers?
Old 08-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #14
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #15
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post

howdy Mr. storm trooper maybe not a storm trooper!

wait, is that 3 out of 4 of you being storm troopers?

Yeah stormtroopers are in here. We just feel bad for SSM's y'all are so close to being the best color we want to give y'all support...
Old 08-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #16
Purveyor of Fun

So close, yet so very far away.

I probably shouldn't count since I'm wrapping mine soon. Sad to see the storm trooper go.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #17
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Brock. Finally found your build, nice list of mods you got going on there. I am really digging the gauge pillar.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #18

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgecko View Post
Hey Brock. Finally found your build, nice list of mods you got going on there. I am really digging the gauge pillar.
Thanks Matt

The lotek...... Funny, my phone put in blotek ...... Has terrible fitment but it does the job.
Also just broke the end off the ultragauges mount.... I pulled the gauge off of the gooseneck and the fucker blew up in about ten pieces.

I messed with the torque app last night, but I guess when I put the curbweight in, the setting were still on KG...... Cuz I noticed the settings page showed kg, km, and liters...... So I just clicked lb, miles, and gallons.

Did a run.... I don't expect the HP and tq numbers to be nearly correct but I was bored and wanted to see how badly they estimate the output.

I got on a 55mph road..... Charged up to 55 hard....... Went. Home and played the video with
a gauge overlay......

470hp.......... 590tq
Uh yeah something's waaaaaaay the hell off!

I'll try again soon with the right weights.
Then in order for REAL NUMBERS, I should be able to get on a dynojet at button willow this month when my girl has time off.
This will happen..... I flaked on the mustang dyno because...... Well its a mustang dyno.

Any guesses?

U see my mods above...... Plus I SHOULD HAVE the 2.85 pulley on.

Lmao..... I looked and the setting for weight changed to lbs........ But the values didn't convert right. The truck was shown as something like 8500lbs!

I think I put in 3700lb....... Sound right for a full tank, toolbox, my tires, and 270lb driver?

Anyone?
Old 08-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #19
MY NAME ISN'T WILL
STiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt [again, not WILL]
STiLL WILL's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for my mod twin LOL.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #20

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STiLL WILL View Post
Subbed for my mod twin LOL.

Products Discussed in this Thread