Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Redcbs' Black and Brown Build (2011 Pyrite Mica)

Old 06-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #21
redcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really nice

Name: Christopher
redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to redcbs Send a message via Skype™ to redcbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy1ns View Post
Good work bro. I love the black on the pyrite. Ive got to finish plasti dipping my badges too.
Go for it. It's super straightforward and the result looks so much better than you would think for so little investment. Thanks for the compliment on the truck!
Old 06-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #22
redcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really nice

redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Dipped the grill surround today. Happy with the dip but not sure how I feel about the color with the truck. Thoughts?

Old 06-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #23
zfox44 is on a distinguished road

zfox44's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck! The plasti dipped grill definitely looks better than the chrome, but I think color matching might look even better..

Do you have a link to where you got those taillights? I tinted mine and think I'm going to go the route you went, instead.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #24
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfox44 View Post
The plasti dipped grill definitely looks better than the chrome, but I think color matching might look even better.
x2.

Matt
Old 06-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #26
Robotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roberto
Robotoco's Tacoma Gallery
hell yeah that looks nice man
the colors came together so good !!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #27

redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfox44 View Post
Nice looking truck! The plasti dipped grill definitely looks better than the chrome, but I think color matching might look even better..

Do you have a link to where you got those taillights? I tinted mine and think I'm going to go the route you went, instead.
Thanks, and I'm torn on color-matching. I think I'm going to leave the black for a month and see how it grows on me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181139109180...84.m1439.l2649

He bumped the price up but still cheaper than a stock pair. I sold mine on there for $120 and they sold in three seconds. Literally. 3 seconds.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #28

redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvt0508 View Post
looks good Bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotoco View Post
hell yeah that looks nice man
the colors came together so good !!

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #29
TooSense is on a distinguished road
TooSense's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcbs View Post
Thanks!

They hit me just in front of the rear bumper on the drivers side and drug forward till they contacted the cab, denting the corner. They took paint off down to the metal, buckled the side of the bed along the wheel well underneath the fender flare, etc. It was a surprising amount of damage considering the truck was parked. Got it all repaired under south Carolina's uninsured motorist clause. Happened right before I started making mods to the truck.

Yes, I bought the taillights as they look. Just put them on Sunday. Think anyone would want to buy the stock ones??
I would most likely be interested, the only thing is mines an 07 would they just be plug and play? Or would I need bulbs?
Old 07-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #30

redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSense View Post
I would most likely be interested, the only thing is mines an 07 would they just be plug and play? Or would I need bulbs?
Sorry for the delay, I've been out of town and just managed the marathon of getting back thru SFO.

I've already sold the lights, but yes, they would've been plug and play, no bulbs.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #31
TooSense is on a distinguished road
TooSense's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcbs View Post
Sorry for the delay, I've been out of town and just managed the marathon of getting back thru SFO.

I've already sold the lights, but yes, they would've been plug and play, no bulbs.
Ahh man, dont worry about it after looking at the set you got i like the black especially since i will have black in my theme. just wondering though, mines an 07 so i dont have LED bulbs to begin with if i bought the same ones you did do they come with the bulbs so i just plug them right in? sorry for being so precise
Old 07-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #32

redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSense View Post
Ahh man, dont worry about it after looking at the set you got i like the black especially since i will have black in my theme. just wondering though, mines an 07 so i dont have LED bulbs to begin with if i bought the same ones you did do they come with the bulbs so i just plug them right in? sorry for being so precise
No problem. Taillights for 05+ are plug and play with the others. The ones I bought came with all bulbs. Two screws and the harness clip and you are done!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #33

redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
How to plastidip your grille surround:

Step 1: Tape off grille

Step 2: Remove and clean grille (I used alcohol)

Step 3: First coat, light dusting

Step 4: Second thru fourth coats, progressively heavier, ensuring even coverage in nooks and crannies

Step 5: Peel tape and enjoy

Old 07-18-2013, 04:45 AM   #35

redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 503TRD View Post
Absolutely love what you've done with the truck man
Thanks Chad. How big of a pain was the lower Grillecraft to install? Was it worth it? Would you do it again?
Old 07-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #36
lemon177 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
lemon177's Tacoma Gallery
lower grillcraft isnt too bad. i took the bumper cover off, and it just screws into plastic. if i were to do it again, i wouldve taken the time to satoshi the lower to match my upper
Old 08-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #37

redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Finally installed my extended brake lines from OCTaco. Pretty straight forward. Look and feel great.

Truck ready to go:

Tools I used:

10mm Flare Wrench

Make sure you take these suckers off before you undo the lines.

Comparisons:

Covering to prevent spillage on the other components:

Finished product:

Brake bleeding kit:
Old 08-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #38

redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Problem. Pretty annoyed. Anyone else encountered this?

Old 08-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #39
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
You have some damn good taste!

(Here's mine)
http://www.libanophotos.com/Other/Ri...IMG_9859-M.jpg

http://www.libanophotos.com/Other/Ri...23223025-M.jpg
Old 08-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #40

redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
You have some damn good taste!
Thanks. Yours looks good too. I like the color match. I'm dipping my rear bumper black probably this weekend or next. Too much rain this past one...