LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

BP's Pyrite Mica Build

Old 06-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
Bronze Ambassador
BeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BeePee's Tacoma Gallery
BP's Pyrite Mica Build

Not necessarily a build thread since I'm pretty much "finished"... But more of a way to document what I've done, and post all my pictures.

2009 Pyrite Mica TRD Sport DCSB. Purchased used in March '11 with stage 1 ProComp 6" lift, wheels, tires, and steps already installed.

How it looked when I got it:

After driving it for two years like that ^^^ I decided to make some changes. Built the way I wanted it, in my style, with my own design touches.

I put together this picture, as a guide:

In March '13 I decide to make it a reality. Here is a final list of modifications that have been done to this point...

- ProComp 6' Lift
- Icon 6-7" Coilovers
- Alcan Rear Leaf Springs (6" lift)
- FN BFD Wheels. 18x9
- Toyo Open Country AT2s. 35x12.5
- BORA 1" Spacers
- Custom Made TRD Center Caps
- Magnaflow Exhaust
- Debadge
- WeatherTechs
- Viper Alarm

And here is the end result as of June '13:

Old 06-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
Bronze Ambassador
BeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeePee's Tacoma Gallery
More pictures:

I'll continue to update this thread as more pictures are taken, and at the chance any more mods are done.

Thanks for looking!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
mdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Chuck
mdcmn7's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!
Old 06-16-2013, 12:42 AM   #4
R09ster will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
R09ster's Tacoma Gallery
nice! really digging those rims with the pyrite. i thought they were gunmetal in your first pics though. very nice look.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
Bronze Ambassador

BeePee's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I took the side steps off because I wanted to get rid of all the chrome. I'm 6'4 and its still an event to get into the thing... Getting out is like going down a slide though haha. May do some black sliders, someday.

More pics from last night:

Old 06-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Holy Shit, That looks so good.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #8
Gamecock Tacos
jeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
jeremy1ns's Tacoma Gallery
sweet truck man.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Love the color
Old 06-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #11
Bronze Ambassador

BeePee's Tacoma Gallery
Last week I installed ImMrYo rearview mirror bracket, so much better visibility.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #12
Bronze Ambassador

BeePee's Tacoma Gallery
Walked out of the store and saw this parked next to me...
Old 06-27-2013, 06:25 AM   #13
west by god
nickaz30 is on a distinguished road

nickaz30's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome truck....I have same truck..color and year....gonna get bronze or black wheels not sure.....bronze looks good on pyrite mica
Old 06-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #14
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
beautiful truck, my favorite pic is the one where the truck is all over that killer curb
Old 06-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #15
Keith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Keith
Keith120286's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 6'5" tall and that still looks like a pain in the ass to get in and out of. How do you feel about it? I'm hunting high and low for a DCLB pyrite mica but I'm thinking a 3" lift instead. Same wheels of course.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #16
SAVAGE WARFARE
Robotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roberto
Robotoco's Tacoma Gallery
shoot that trucks looks really nice man, makes me want that color
Old 06-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #17
Bronze Ambassador

BeePee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith120286 View Post
I'm 6'5" tall and that still looks like a pain in the ass to get in and out of. How do you feel about it? I'm hunting high and low for a DCLB pyrite mica but I'm thinking a 3" lift instead. Same wheels of course.
Getting out is easy, like going down a slide. Getting in? I don't mind it. Get a foot up on the sill, or a cheek on the seat and youre good. I usually grab the steering wheel or center console and just pull myself up.

It was a little easier with side steps, but it's not that much more difficult with them off. I imagine a 3" is easier to get in, but there are tons of different style side steps and slider that will make it easier to hop up into a 6".

I may get sliders at some point, but for now it works fine.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #18
coop26 is on a distinguished road
coop26's Tacoma Gallery
Can you do me a favor and measure the cab height with this setup? I love it, but wonder how high it makes it as I park in a parking garage.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #19
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
That truck looks sick man!
Old 07-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #20
Bronze Ambassador

BeePee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coop26 View Post
Can you do me a favor and measure the cab height with this setup? I love it, but wonder how high it makes it as I park in a parking garage.
I'll see if I can get a measurement tomorrow. It fits inside my garage which is about 7' high I think. If I had to guess right now, top of the cab is probably around 6'6"

Thanks guys!

Products Discussed in this Thread