Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Truck Build

Old 06-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
My Truck Build

When I first bought the truck (looks boring ehh)

Started with a 2013 Tacoma Prerunner SR5 DC SB
What it looks like today:

Mods Done
- LED lights in dome and map locations-$30
-LED reverse lights 400 lumens-$20
-Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler-$88
-AFE CAI Stage II-$400
-XB LED fogs-$150
-XB LED T10/194 bulbs-$20
-SnugTop Cap-Hi shell-$280

-Plasti dipped grill and emblems/badges-$5

-TRS FX-R 55w 4300k retrofit and BHLM-$450

-Black dash cover attached with Velcro-$free$
- Hood light Kit-$my design$

-Bed Light Kit-$my design$

-Painted my exhaust matte black- $4

Weathetech floor mats-$155 (enroot)

Weathertech vent visors-$90 (enroot)

Planned Mods

Will be getting my camper shell color matched
Homer Taco grill insert
Aux fuse panel setup for lighting

WHEELS AND TIRES:
265/75/16R
TRD off road Rims-painting black

Lighting
Install 13" single row flood Led bar on the inside of camper shell

4x Rigid D2's (amber and white)

Redo led bed light kit and install lights on roof of camper shell (light strips enroot)

Armor
SOS Concept front bumper (plt 2 or hybrid)
SOS Concept sliders with steps

Suspension
King MT Kit
Old 06-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good!
Old 06-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
Nice job! What HID's are you getting?
Never mind on that mid. I instead about a 20" light bar and getting to rock lights.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: NBCNCO, HHC, 1-158 INF
Name: Scott
SGT Taco's Tacoma Gallery
So how do u like the AT?
Old 06-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #6

Automatic transmission? Lol
Old 06-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #7
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
aero turbine i think he means
Old 06-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Taco View Post
So how do u like the AT?
I love the muffler. Nice rumble and goes good with the afe cai stage II intake. You'll hear it most likely next week when I come to ABQ
Old 06-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3187 View Post
aero turbine i think he means
Nice catch there. lol
Old 06-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #10
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodane View Post
I love the muffler. Nice rumble and goes good with the afe cai stage II intake. You'll hear it most likely next week when I come to ABQ
Yea, The Aero Turbine... I love mine, but people alway question it when I tell them about it because no one has ever heard of it.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #11

the place where I got it welded on had a shelf full of them and said that I will love it. and I absolutely do. ya people say the same thing when I tell them about mine. there going to become popular real soon. better than some flow master mufflers
Old 06-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #12
Disco Disco...

Yea... People have been saying that for years. They stopped production for quite a while because they had a large stock pile of them.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #13
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
I'd change your lights from blue to red... Vader's Light Saber is red...
Old 09-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightman80 View Post
I'd change your lights from blue to red... Vader's Light Saber is red...
I know but I like blue.lol most of my lights that are already in my truck are blue
Old 10-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #15

So I bought a used All Pro Pack Rack. Was a pita to get it together but with some help from some TW members, we got it together before I got it on the truck I plasti derp the entire thing but with it being cold didn't stick to well.

So after finally getting it on the truck, there was issues with the bolts and the washers they use and yet another pita issue, but I finally got them to go in after taking some time. later in the week I will be sanding the entire rack and plasti derp it again on a warm day.
Attached Thumbnails
My Truck Build-bed-rack.jpg  
Old 10-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #16

Sanding the bed rack back to steel and replasti derping the rack after the truck gets a real good wash!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #17
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: If I told ya, I'd have to kill you...
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you sand down the rack and plasti derp when it's already painted?

edit: nevermind. I missed the part where you already plasti derped it.

IMO I would paint it. buy self etching primer, and spray it. It'll hold up. Plasti Derp will peel everytime you mount/remount anything or a branch hits it.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hornstra View Post
Why would you sand down the rack and plasti derp when it's already painted?

edit: nevermind. I missed the part where you already plasti derped it.

IMO I would paint it. buy self etching primer, and spray it. It'll hold up. Plasti Derp will peel everytime you mount/remount anything or a branch hits it.
ya I plasti dip it and it peeled due to cold weather and the effort used to get it together and on the truck. is there a specific brand of self etching primer you suggest?
Old 10-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #19

Today after work started to sand the rack back to bare metal. It may take all weekend but with a few beer and a cigar I should be just fine!

Old 10-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #20

Did some plasti derping of the badges while its warm!! Had one issue with the front right side, kept having bubbles and didn't peel right for some reason. Rear bumper is next or the front grill..
Attached Thumbnails
My Truck Build-img_20131027_102704_551.jpg   My Truck Build-img_20131027_102642_743.jpg   My Truck Build-img_20131027_125337_785.jpg   My Truck Build-img_20131027_152425_500.jpg   My Truck Build-img_20131027_125320_081.jpg  

My Truck Build-img_20131027_102715_840.jpg