Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Turner's Updated 2011 Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #21
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
x2, I will say though if you live in an area where they salt the roads, you'll want to coat the bar with something. The factory powder coat is pretty thin and won't hold up long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werkro01 View Post
This is true. Bed liner tends to be a bit more durable. It may even pay to put some one exposed undercarriage and or parts of the frame. I'm just paranoid about rust after I brought my car from the northeast to Texas and it rusted faster than I could have imagined. So I am overly cautious when it comes to rust.

I really wish I would have sprayed mine before I put it on but I wasn't thinking about it at the time because I was excited to see what it looked like on the truck. Not that we have to worry about salting the roads down here or rust but it would have matched the grill, lights, and lower valance. When it gets a few chips on it I'll probably pull it off but it's too hot here right now and I'm just being lazy at the moment lol. I should have done it the other day when I mixed the spray for the rear bumper but it didn't cross my mind until it was too late.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #22
TooSense is on a distinguished road
TooSense's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
The phone is plugged into the Aux port and a dual USB charger in the accessory port in the dash. I have it all run under the console with a extension for the tablet mount in the back of the truck so my daughter can watch her DVD's that I converted to MP4 or Dish "Hopper"

I used this and just removed the rubber arms off the back and used heavy duty 3M tape to hold it in place. Works great since the phone is at my fingertips and it is "bluetoothed" (is that a word? lol) to my GPS for hands free operation.

Like my custom seat covers?

Old 07-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #23
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSense View Post
Lol nice seat covers to haha

Lol... thanks. I take my daughter to the water park almost every day that I'm off work and it keeps the seats dry. I need to get some actual seat covers some day.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #24

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrom32 View Post
This truck looks super sick! I kinda wish I had went this clean stormtrooper look than the desert way haha.

You gotta get 285's on that thing and it will look unreal!
Thanks man. When these tires wear out I might put 285's on it and maybe 5100's front and back. I don't off road much other than light trails so I don't need anything extreme. Right now Retro's are in my future. I'm just being lazy and not calling and ordering them.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #25
KeavyD will become famous soon enoughKeavyD will become famous soon enough

Name: KeavyD
KeavyD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks again for posting pics of your truck got some great ideas from you. I went with the light bar, KC lights on the bar and black rear tail lights. I think you are now my wife's number 1 enemy now ha ha she warned me to stay off your page LOL!!! Awesome looking truck you have!!!

Quote:
Thanks!

Wife's usually never are
Old 07-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #26

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeavyD View Post
I think you are now my wife's number 1 enemy now ha ha she warned me to stay off your page LOL!!! Awesome looking truck you have!!!
Lol... Oh great!

Thanks for the nice words though.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #27
tacomaLS53 is on a distinguished road

tacomaLS53's Tacoma Gallery
what size tires do you have?
Old 07-09-2013, 03:37 AM   #28

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaLS53 View Post
what size tires do you have?
They are stock size. I got a nail in one of the oem tires and it was close to the sidewall and the shop that I use couldn't guarantee that the patch would hold. The stock tires had close to 30k on them and weren't wearing all that great and I didn't want one new tire and 3 old ones so I got these mud tires because I'm a poser Plus I had just bought a new set of Thule traction cables and didn't want to go up a size and waste the $200 I spent on those.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #29
Chewie is on a distinguished road
Name: Santiago
Chewie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They are stock size. I got a nail in one of the oem tires and it was close to the sidewall and the shop that I use couldn't guarantee that the patch would hold. The stock tires had close to 30k on them and weren't wearing all that great and I didn't want one new tire and 3 old ones so I got these mud tires because I'm a poser Plus I had just bought a new set of Thule traction cables and didn't want to go up a size and waste the $200 I spent on those.
Nice tires, especially if you kept them stock size because they sure don't look like it. And no lift either?
Old 07-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #30

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
Nice tires, especially if you kept them stock size because they sure don't look like it. And no lift either?
Thanks...

No lift other than the TRD package. I might go with some 5100's all the way around some day just to level out the front just a bit. It rides too good and I don't do any real off roading so anything else would be wasted.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #31
tacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
tacom08's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck and FR-S. Wondering why someone would give this thread one star
Old 07-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #32

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacom08 View Post
Nice truck and FR-S. Wondering why someone would give this thread one star
Thank you! Yeah... I'm not really sure how the "star" thing works anyway so no biggie...
Old 07-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #34

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah OG View Post
Nice truck man
im new to this page and am wondering how to start a build page like this
thanks for any help
Thank you!

Just start a new thread in the 2nd Gen Build section of the forums. Then post whatever you want about your truck.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #35
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck. I love the look of the front end - blacked out grill and valence. On your truck looks as good as any satoshi mod I've seen.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #36

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagman View Post
Nice looking truck. I love the look of the front end - blacked out grill and valence. On your truck looks as good as any satoshi mod I've seen.

Thank you very much! I would love to do a satoshi mod but I've got the wrong grill for it. Thought about buying another and doing the mod but this one turned out well so I think I'll leave it alone. I'm about to order my Retro's this week and start on that project. The lights will be completely blacked out once I'm done.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #37
Burnt C6 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
Burnt C6's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet looking truck. Love the light will be ordering one for mine. Im going to have to figure out how to make it a flat black to match everything else going on the truck. I might have missed it but what bed cover did you go with?
Old 08-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #38

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt C6 View Post
Sweet looking truck. Love the light will be ordering one for mine. Im going to have to figure out how to make it a flat black to match everything else going on the truck. I might have missed it but what bed cover did you go with?
Thanks!

Extang 2905 BlackMax Tonneau Cover. Got it off Amazon.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #39
Burnt C6 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
Burnt C6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks!

Extang 2905 BlackMax Tonneau Cover. Got it off Amazon.
Thanks.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #40
bfoxglove is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
bfoxglove's Tacoma Gallery
nice looking truck! where did you get the trd badge thats on the front grill?

Products Discussed in this Thread