Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Texas Edition build

Old 06-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
My Texas Edition build

Guess I'll start my own build thread. Here's my 2012 DCLB 4x4 Texas Edition still sitting on the lot back in July of 2012:

Sitting next to my Mazdaspeed3 that I traded in for it (still miss that little thing sometimes):

All shiny in the driveway, still stock:

First I added the Toyota OEM bed mat. Got sick of stuff sliding around in the bed REAL fast:

Second "mod" was my the G4 Elite tonneau:

Then I added a pop-n-lock tailgate power lock (thought I had some pics from the install but I can't find them):

Next came Weathertech window deflectors and mats and some 265/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs:

Then came the full OME lift with 885 springs, 1/4" top plate spacers, Nitrocharger Sport shocks all around, Dakars, LR UCAs, sway bar relocate and extended rear brake lines:

This is how she sits today:

My CV angles:

Compared to my buddy's stock TRD Off-Road:

A little fooling around with the new lift on:

Future wish list:
TRD exhaust is probably about it. Maybe some armor underneath if I start wheeling a lot with it.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Digging those rims. Looks nice
Old 06-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
TR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
TR90125's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. I love the Texas Edition wheels. I ended up with a TRD Sport but hate the wheels that come with it.

I have black weathertechs in my gray interior but after seeing yours I think gray looks better.

Lift looks good too. I wasn't even thinking about doing a lift on mine, but you got me thinking about it.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
Digging those rims. Looks nice
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR90125 View Post
Nice truck. I love the Texas Edition wheels. I ended up with a TRD Sport but hate the wheels that come with it.

I have black weathertechs in my gray interior but after seeing yours I think gray looks better.

Lift looks good too. I wasn't even thinking about doing a lift on mine, but you got me thinking about it.
Main reason I bought the truck was for the looks of the rims and step tubes. If I could go back, I'd probably get a TRD Off-road and just add better wheels but oh well. The gray weathertechs show a lot of grime, that's the downside of them. I need to clean them.

And the lift is awesome! You should totally do it!
Old 06-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
DESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DESRTRNNR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
If I had known when I bought the Duratracs that I was going to lift it, I would've gotten slightly larger tires. Still debating if I want to see if Discount Tire will give me a good deal on trade in. I like how it looks though and I don't have to worry about rubbing.
i might be interested in buying the tires and rims if you do decide to upgrade.. i'm up in austin but i go to san antonio once a week..
Old 06-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #6

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESRTRNNR View Post
i might be interested in buying the tires and rims if you do decide to upgrade.. i'm up in austin but i go to san antonio once a week..
I'm keeping the wheels for sure, was just talking about upgrading the tires. I'll let you know though.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:42 AM   #7
josepenajr has a spectacular aura aboutjosepenajr has a spectacular aura about
josepenajr's Tacoma Gallery
what are the tire size on your tires i have the same wheels just black
Old 07-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #8
DESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DESRTRNNR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm keeping the wheels for sure, was just talking about upgrading the tires. I'll let you know though.
if they are 265x75x16 duratracs I would still be interested in the tires if discount doesnt offer you enough when you go to trade them in..
Old 07-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #9

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepenajr View Post
what are the tire size on your tires i have the same wheels just black
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESRTRNNR View Post
if they are 265x75x16 duratracs I would still be interested in the tires if discount doesnt offer you enough when you go to trade them in..
They are 265/70/17s.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #10
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
i love the double cab long bed! i almost went that route when i bought my current truck, i had a 2008 access cab and tried the 2012 double, but the short bed was a killer and i missed my manual trans so i traded for the 13 access cab and i love it.

How does the DC LB do offroad?
Old 08-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #11

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konvict KROG View Post
i love the double cab long bed! i almost went that route when i bought my current truck, i had a 2008 access cab and tried the 2012 double, but the short bed was a killer and i missed my manual trans so i traded for the 13 access cab and i love it.

How does the DC LB do offroad?
Haven't done any serious offroading yet but the little I have done, it's fine. I'm sure there'll be some cases where the longer wheel base gets you in trouble but I'd still rather have the extra room in the bed.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #12
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haven't done any serious offroading yet but the little I have done, it's fine. I'm sure there'll be some cases where the longer wheel base gets you in trouble but I'd still rather have the extra room in the bed.
I could not agree more about the bed I hated every day I used my 2012 double cab short bed as a truck.. its amazing how much that one foot makes a difference!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #14

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Great looking truck! Would like to see a pic direct from the side to see what the tires look like with the dakars.
Let me see if I can find one.......
Old 08-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #15

Air Force:
Quote:
Great looking truck! Would like to see a pic direct from the side to see what the tires look like with the dakars.
Best one I can find for now..........

Old 08-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #17

Air Force:
Quote:
Not too bad on sizing.
Yeah, I would love to get some 285s but I really don't want to cut my truck up or get any worse gas mileage than I'm getting already. I think they look good enough most of the time. Street looking tires, like the ones that come on TRD Sports don't look good on a 3" lift but some decent off-road tires in this size look OK.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #18
Jakob is on a distinguished road
EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jakob
Jakob's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck! I have a super white one im hoping to add a 3 inch lift soon! does the lift affect your gas mileage any?
Old 09-05-2013, 03:11 AM   #19

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob View Post
Great looking truck! I have a super white one im hoping to add a 3 inch lift soon! does the lift affect your gas mileage any?
Thanks! I think it did just a little bit. The Duratracs hurt the most though. I lost about 1.5-2mpgs overall.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #20
Faryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
Boy I like your truck!!! Nice!!!