Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Mountaintacomas TRD Off Road Build

Old 07-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
mountaintacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mountaintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Mountaintacomas TRD Off Road Build

The day I bought her. My 2013 tacoma double cab v6 TRD off road. Great truck stock and impressive off road, but I see a clean sheet of paper!

And here is a recent photo of her!

Things that I have done:
-Plasti dipped everything including rear bumper, front grill, emblems, and wheels. (I don't like chrome when off roading)
-Fog light anytime mod.
-dome and map lights replaced with leds.
- Tinted front windows at 35%.
- Fish and buck mark stickers!
- Led bed lights from evo.
- Pop and lock tail gate lock for when I have my canopy on.
- Ammo cans mounted on bed rails.
- Tail gate dampener.
- 3" OME lift kit with 885 coils.
- New wheels from american racing
-BFG KM2 285/75/16.
- Tinted 3rd brake light.

Plasti dipped up with the black grill and white emblems and even a white bumper. (bumper was difficult)!!

Fog light anytime mod. I love this when off roading cause I can use it with my brights.

Led Dome and map lights installed from superbrightleds.com

Evo bed lights installed! Pain to do as well because I am not much of an electrician.

Pop and lock tail gate with stickers in the background.

Ammo cans installed. Got them from an army surplus place and refurbished them. They were a little difficult to mount but they work great for secure storage when off roading in the elements here in Oregon! I put my tie downs in them right now and I even installed a light inside and secured the whole thing with a lock.

Lifted her 3" with the OME kit on toytecs lift including the add a leaf, 885 coils, and the front diff drop bracket. I need to cut the rear fender a lot though cause it's getting torn up. Unfortunately it's starting to rub the body panels now. Gonna need a axle spacer soon. But the front only required a little trimming which is good. Choose this lift because I am no mall crawler and I know that this truck already preforms like a pro off road so why ruin it with a 6" lift. I like my turning radius and low center of gravity. Why change that!

Rocking the BFG KM2 285/75/16 on the black american racing wheels.

And finally a quick off roading picture with my short bed getting some real use with 20' trees in the back. Don't ask! My friends wanted to make a huge bond fire!

More stuff soon! Thanks.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
mountaintacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mountaintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:05 AM   #5
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking rig.