Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Toyota Tacoma's Rad red DCLB build

Old 07-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
Toyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brady
Toyota Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Tacoma's Rad red DCLB build

The truck is an 07 radiant red trd sport double cab

Here's a list of the mods/stuff done to the truck.

Suspension:

-Bilistien 5100's all around
-Add a leaf
-Firestone ride rite air bags

Performance:

-K&N cold air
-Borla cat back
-2 Rigid dually flood lights

Stereo:

-Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit
-Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box
-Alpine 1100 amp
-Alpine 400 4 channel
-4 energy component 6.5's

Wheels/tires:

-17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' tread wright guard dogs

Looks:

-Satoshi grille made by myself
-Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped.
-BHLM
-eyelids
-matted out tailights
-Tacoma bed mat
-Halo Headlights

Small mods :

-Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate
-Removed mud flaps
-Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15
-Led bulbs
-Interior lights replaced with blue led's
-Beep on lock added

I'm probably forgetting some things so I will add as I remember

The day I got her :

Painted the rims :

New wheel bearings and billies

Airbags and aal :

BHLM:

New tires!

Sub/amp with line outs

Took out line outs and added new deck and speakers

plasti-dip!

7 pin relocate

Soon to come :

-Front windows tinted to match
-Plate bumpers
-Ome 885 coils
Old 07-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
I like! Looks good with the black.
And BC FTW!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
I don't fully understand the parts you chose to plasti dip. But Rad reds need to stick togather...

Why not just paint the entire truck black?
Old 07-31-2013, 01:20 PM   #6
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Nice color
Old 01-27-2014, 02:23 AM   #8
DroidJunky is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
DroidJunky's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Truck! I've actually been searching for a while to see if anyone has done the entire front end and hood with Plastidip. How is it holding up? Did you also use the clear coat on it as well?

I have Rad Red 08 and the front end is starting to look rough. Will eventually get it painted. It's got quite a few chips in the paint. Hood scoop is also loosing clear coat and I dipped it just last week.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #9
Toyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brady
Toyota Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Put some new headlights in, much clearer.

They are just as bright if not brighter than my stocks but I ordering an HID kit to throw in as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidJunky View Post
Nice Truck! I've actually been searching for a while to see if anyone has done the entire front end and hood with Plastidip. How is it holding up? Did you also use the clear coat on it as well?

I have Rad Red 08 and the front end is starting to look rough. Will eventually get it painted. It's got quite a few chips in the paint. Hood scoop is also loosing clear coat and I dipped it just last week.
Thanks! The front bumper only had a few coats so after a year its got some small holes. Hood and everything's good though, no clear coat on any of it either.