1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel and Tire sizing help/options

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by tbrackman84, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Jul 6, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    tbrackman84

tbrackman84 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma TRD Sport - Access Cab
    Hello all, I just bought a 2007 Tacoma TRD Sport with a 3" lift. While i'm not completley new to trucks, I am having a hard time finding the information i'm looking for. The truck i bought needs new tires and the wheels look pretty crappy up close, so I think i'm going to go with new wheels and tires for it. I'm having a hard time deciding on what sizes to go with.
    As far as tires, I am probably going to to with Cooper Discoverer AT3's, but unsure of what size to get. Through some research, I saw that people seem to go with either 265's, 275's or 285's. I do not want to do any trimming and defintley dont want any rubbing, so i think i'll go with the 275's.
    For wheels, I was thinking of going with 17x8, but i dont know what backspacing, etc. to get. I saw people going with 4.5" backspacing, which i believe is slightly less that the stock wheels, i'm not sure though.
    I am just looking for a nice aggressive look, without the tires extending too far past the fenders (illegal in PA), and without them rubbing anything. Any info anyone can give would be appreciated. thanks...

IMG_2049_zps6f8c55ea_9de667624ed608dafa8ecf7c0e6e41bfd0f61ba4.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

2. Jul 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    tbrackman84

tbrackman84 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma TRD Sport - Access Cab
    i just saw that i totally put this in the wrong section, sorry about that.

Products Discussed in

To Top