Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

VanCity4x Prerunner Convert Build

Old 09-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #21
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Weekend Trip to Blowdown Pass, Duffy Lake. Had Travis from Metal Tech join us brought there orange LT 4Runner, not easy to keep up to

Old 09-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #22
zbaldo has a spectacular aura aboutzbaldo has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ozzy
zbaldo's Tacoma Gallery
First time i've seen a 2nd gen prerunner to 4x4 conversion

Very Nice!!!

It looks like you guys spared no expense to make it as clean as it could be
Old 09-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #24
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks zbaldo

Na, not yet. Cut the fenders today, so much room now. Trying to line up a deal for 35's, have a set of Duratrac's for a smokn deal but would still like a mud tire.

Next to do is cut and build my leaf pack then install a shackle flip, doing the 6'' trail gear shackle. Want to see how much lift that gives before doing the shock relocate, might try to get a 13'' shock made up or see if a 14 will fit, doubtful tho.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #25
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity4x View Post
Thanks zbaldo

Na, not yet. Cut the fenders today, so much room now. Trying to line up a deal for 35's, have a set of Duratrac's for a smokn deal but would still like a mud tire.

Next to do is cut and build my leaf pack then install a shackle flip, doing the 6'' trail gear shackle. Want to see how much lift that gives before doing the shock relocate, might try to get a 13'' shock made up or see if a 14 will fit, doubtful tho.

Sweet! Welcome to the club!
Old 09-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #26
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
tNice build! Now I know what mine will look like trimmed here soon.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #27
Out fer a Rip eh Bud

Thanks Gramps, wasn't too difficult, just time consuming.

Broke a bunch of fender clips taking them off. Went to Toyota, I know the parts guy well He pretty much didn't want to give me a price for a good reason, $1.89ea for the blue and $5.50 ea for red

Ordered a bunch of amazon but still cost $30 #2ndgenproblems
Old 10-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #28
Out fer a Rip eh Bud

35's are on
Old 10-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #29
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks Gramps, wasn't too difficult, just time consuming.

Broke a bunch of fender clips taking them off. Went to Toyota, I know the parts guy well He pretty much didn't want to give me a price for a good reason, $1.89ea for the blue and $5.50 ea for red

Ordered a bunch of amazon but still cost $30 #2ndgenproblems
Sweet! Yeah I got to practice the fender trim on NYCO's truck in my garage. Got a handle on things for when I do mine. Tips we learned doing this were:

• Buy a bag of clips online (as you did)
  • We added in bolts and wing nuts on the ends of the plastic fenders in place of the clip to insure a sold hold.
  • An electric Sheet metal cutter(HF) cuts the fender very smoothly and very nicely.
  • Patent Pending measurement tool coming out soon...
I am just happy to see one in my color completed. So I know exactly what it will look like.

Keep up the awesome work!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #30
Out fer a Rip eh Bud

Weekend Trip

Old 10-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #31
He who walk with a Cane

Nice! Looks like an awesome run.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #32
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

It was difficult to measure out the spacing for crossmember and I was still a little bit off. I spend at least 10 hours cutting and welding it. My advice, buy the 4x4 tail housing and inchworm adapter, would make it a lot easier.

The FJ tcase is also very difficult to install on a automatic, the shifter comes up right underneath the transmission shifter. I'm working on fitting my twin sticks, another very difficult process, have gone through 3 different figments for sticks and still doesn't fit right, will prob take a few days more.
The inchworm adapter is ~ 2 3/8" thick

I have one and going that route with my build..I had the 4wd trans but scrapped it before I knew I would need it due to the output shaft differences.

Very nice job! i'm jelly you have an FJ case
Old 10-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #33
Out fer a Rip eh Bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
The inchworm adapter is ~ 2 3/8" thick

I have one and going that route with my build..I had the 4wd trans but scrapped it before I knew I would need it due to the output shaft differences.

Very nice job! i'm jelly you have an FJ case
Ya with that the Fj stick would come up right under the auto shifter

I still haven't done my twin stick shifter yet, I'm thinking about a crawl box next spring so might hold off don't want to cut up my $200 shifter for couple months of use.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #34
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for dreams

Why not use a tacoma transfer case?
Old 10-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #35
Out fer a Rip eh Bud

I don't have a 4wd ecu so I can control the front diff actuator (ADD) with a switch essentially its like locking the hub. Then I can just shift my tcase into gear, don't have to worry about all the wiring and electronics with a Tacoma case + the FJ case is stronger and better then the Taco one.

Still got a long todo list to work on. Been wheelin too much lately

Video from couple weeks ago at Harrison Lake,

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151589011056599

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151589027401599

Eagle Mt, half hour from my house

Vancouver

No pics of me doing this but this was the tight part,

And got some damage. Front fender bent, bumper broke off mount and the light and grill are not aligned anymore. Time for a front bumper.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #36
Out fer a Rip eh Bud

And last weekend in Squamish,

Old 11-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #37
Out fer a Rip eh Bud

Shackle flip installed and burned on a flowmaster 40 last weekend. Finally got some nice rear rake back. Gota get some brake lines and shocks then flex the shit out of it

Old 11-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #38
Out fer a Rip eh Bud

Couple old pics

Old 11-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #39
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that is such a beautiful place to wheel in cant wait to leave Kansas!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:01 AM   #40
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
Inspiration...If I weren't more into my other build I'd be calling you on the daily trying to do the same. That will have to wait for now, great job.