Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

"SLW N LOW" Build (2013 Reg Cab)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hot Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up "SLW N LOW" Build (2013 Reg Cab)

I retired my "HOT TACO" license plates from my lowered 1st generation Tacoma with "SLW N LOW". Unfortunately, after lowering my new truck 3", it's hardly low compared to my last truck, but it will have to do because it's a daily driver. (Heck, my wife's stock RAV4 is a little lower!) None-the-less, I like how the truck has turned out so far. I was aiming more for a sport truck look as opposed to a low rider, and I think I achieved that. I typically use my truck to haul kayaks and bicycles over Wisconsin's bumpy roads, so I had to make sure I was somewhat sensible about my modifications... especially since this truck will have to be driven in the Winter! (With snow tires.)

Here is how she looked when I finally got her out of the garage and got the front end aligned on July 6, 2013:

Here's how she looked when I brought her home on April 9th, 2013:

My winter "meats"...

Exterior
  • Color-matched bumpers and mirror covers
  • Blacked-out Toyota logo
  • Debadged
  • Super White OEM front grill
  • Super White OEM door handles
  • Black head light mod (BHLM)
  • Depot LED tail lights from eBay
Interior
  • Intermittent wiper stalk
Suspension
  • Custom c-notch
  • X-Runner Bilstein shocks & struts
  • DJM 3" front drop kit, zinc + powdered coated black
  • StreeTacos 3" Drop Blocks
  • RoadMaster Active Suspension (Install details)
  • Raybetos front rotors w/ black paint coating for rust protection
  • Painted front calipers
  • Painted rear drums
Wheels & Tires
  • Summer: TSW Spa (European) 19" x 8", +40mm offset
  • Summer: Nitto Motivo 245/40R-19
  • Winter: Toyota OEM RAV 4 17" Steelies
  • Winter: Michelin X-Ice Xi3 215/60R-17
  • Schrader EZ-Sensor cloned TPMS sensors
Future
  • Window tint
  • VentureShield clear bra (purchased but waiting for paint to cure)
  • G2 epoxy caliper paint
Lessons Learned
  • Take your time on the Black Head Light Mod! It's not that difficult of a modification, but you can easily screw-it-up by rushing.
  • Dupli-Color caliper paint and VHT high-temp caliper paint are both garbage. They flake off with the slightest tap. I recommend using an epoxy caliper paint like G2.
  • StreeTacos lower blocks are not compatible with AIR LIFT 59564 Ride Control Rear Air Spring Kit. The blocks are too long, preventing the lower mounting bracket for the air bags from being able to hook around the u-bolt. One of the many reasons I opted for the RoadMaster Active Suspension kit.
  • The RoadMaster Active Suspension Kit for 2wd Tacomas doesn't fit very well. It's almost impossible to get the mounting bracket to not rub the driver's side shock. To remedy this, you should contact "Nolan" at RoadMaster at either nolan@activesuspension.com or 800-398-5036 and order the brackets from the 2nd generation kit.
  • Discount Tire Direct is one of the only tire shops that knows how to clone TPMS sensors, but be careful because many of their own employees don't know what "sensor cloning" is. See my post on TPMS Options for Multiple Wheel Sets if you, like me, have Summer and Winter tires and want to avoid the TPMS light but still want the system to work.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
Sharp unit! Nice and clean...
Old 07-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Dayum that looks sweet!!!!!!! I wish I has a reg can now shit!

I can imagine u paid a fortune for dem tires
Old 07-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #5
R09ster will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
R09ster's Tacoma Gallery
very clean!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #6
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
that looks amazing! i'll be watching this for future updates for sure! great work sir.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:13 AM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Damn this is a sick RC... good job man.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #8
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!! exceptionally clean truck, I really like it! Would love to see more specs on the build and pics if you have them. Thinking of getting a 5 lug in the next year or so for a daily driver cuz this one will go a little farther off the deep end for a trail truck and its got a drinking problem anyway!!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:20 AM   #9
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thank you for all the compliments, guys. I'm a computer-nerd by day, so getting this truck to look like it does took a lot of blood, sweat, holding back tears on occasion, and quite a bit of a learning curve. Seemed like every time I turned around, I needed a new tool to get something apart.

My goal was to create the truck I wish Toyota would've built to begin with, but with nicer wheels and lower. I call this look "OEM +1". I.e., I wanted it to look like it had the SR5 package that's only available on the higher-end models but used to be available to all models.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #10
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Computer nerds need to stick together
Old 07-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #11
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
well crap I guess I need to show myself the door out then, cuz I barely know enough to get me on here! Hopefully you guys will be non comp nerd freindly????
Old 07-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #12
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
well crap I guess I need to show myself the door out then, cuz I barely know enough to get me on here! Hopefully you guys will be non comp nerd freindly????
Always man, always. 5 Stars for this thread!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
Believe-you-me... when it comes to wrenchin' on your vehicle, you don't want to be a computer nerd. We have sissy, girlie-soft hands Even after doing all the lowering work myself, I only have one callus on my left hand... What the heck?!?!?
Old 07-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #14
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Taco View Post
Believe-you-me... when it comes to wrenchin' on your vehicle, you don't want to be a computer nerd. We have sissy, girlie-soft hands Even after doing all the lowering work myself, I only have one callus on my left hand... What the heck?!?!?
Ehh, I guess I'm more of a hands on nerd, I've always had my hands dirty.. per say.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:41 AM   #15
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
well I work at a rock quarry so the only time Im not doing manual labor is when Im on here talking to you guys or entering paperwork. And Ive always loved gettin under vehicles and bustin knuckles.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #16
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, the updated front looks mean!!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
Damn, the updated front looks mean!!
I agree! Seems like a lot of people didn't like the front-end update in 2012, but when I saw it, I new it was time to sell my 2001 and get a new truck. I like how the lower valence (gray part of bumper) compliments the shape of the grill.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #18
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
What a transformation, very clean. I like it!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #20
Banned
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Your Mom
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
2012s look good mini'd, needs mo lowerdz though

Products Discussed in this Thread