1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 DCSB Build... Less is sometimes more... :-)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by slednek, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Jul 17, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    slednek

slednek [OP] Member

Member:
    S.W. Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD Sport
    20% Tint - - Smoked Bug Shield - - TRD Grill Badge - 265/70/17 BFG T/A - - 17x8 Rims with 4.5" back spacing - - Black Painted Grill Emblem - - AMP Power Steps - - Under Cover Tri-Fold Tonneau Bed Cover - - 3" RevTek Lift
    **DONE** Except the grill if it ever comes out...

I have spent a ton of hours looking at different rigs trying to find a tire size wheel style that I like and whether or not to level with RevTek's new 1.5" Tacoma level kit, or the 3" RevTek Lift.

For the tires, I decided to go with 265/70/17. I want to keep my mud flaps (I like my paint more than I like the looks of the truck flap-less) and have absolutely no cutting at all, and I have read that some people do with 285/70/17. With the 265, I wanted to keep my rim width at 8" and the 4.5" backspacing looks great, puts the tire almost along the edge of my mud flaps. Basically going as wide as possible while keeping the mud flaps as functional as possible.

I'm looking only at RevTek because I've been told by two dealerships that RevTek is the only brand that will not void any factory warranty as long as it's installed by a Toyota dealership. Whether its the level kit or the lift.

I wanted deep drop steps, and apparently most tube style steps only drop 3"-4", but the AMP Power Steps drop 5.5".
    I'm a real estate broker, and sometimes have to drive people around, that why I am downsizing from the big ass lifted Ram 2500. So I don't want to go too high, so for me if I got a 3" lift, I'd absolutely have to get the power steps.
    The price difference between power steps and tube, is crazy, but the power steps are sweet.

My options are level with inexpensive tube/oval steps, or go all out with 3" lift and power steps, overall about $1500 more for the lift option.

I've taken some pics of the truck stock, leveled 1.5", and lifted 3" front with 1.5" rear. I'm leaning towards the lift, but would love some constructive feedback.

My wife is about to kill me because I change my mind every 5 min. so I need to wrap this up :)
    While I've looked at other people's builds for hours and hours, I found that some didn't put details of their mods.
    I am going to try to list exactly what I've done every step of the way, if I miss something and you have a question, please just ask.

All of these pics are in my gallery as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics to come.
    I have a ton of pics in my gallery.

Coming Soon... Someday... when they start manufacturing them... Black Powder Coated Speed Grill.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  2. Jul 22, 2013 at 9:40 AM
    TooSense

TooSense Active Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB Impulse Red Pearl
    hey man nice truck! i have that similar color, but impulse red pearl. gotta love it, always looking clean.

3. Jul 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM
    slednek

slednek [OP] Member

Member:
    S.W. Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD Sport
    20% Tint - - Smoked Bug Shield - - TRD Grill Badge - 265/70/17 BFG T/A - - 17x8 Rims with 4.5" back spacing - - Black Painted Grill Emblem - - AMP Power Steps - - Under Cover Tri-Fold Tonneau Bed Cover - - 3" RevTek Lift
    Thanks!

Where's your pics?
    I'm done with my mods, except the grill, but that will be like $130 when they make it.

4. Jul 27, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    TooSense

TooSense Active Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB Impulse Red Pearl
    No pics of it seeing how it is still stock. not in any rush to mod it nor spend the money on stuff that has no purpose for now, what kind of grill are you waiting for?

5. Jul 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    slednek

slednek [OP] Member

Member:
    S.W. Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD Sport
    A speed grill that attaches to the front with no cutting required.

Having a good looking truck is very purposeful. :)
    I have a specific purpose for everything I've done, but we all have our own needs. (even if a need to "so my truck looks better")
    Like there are some seriously awesome trucks on here that have stuff done that I would never need.
    I'm a real estate broker, mine is a daily driver and have to drive people around showing houses, this is about the most I'd do. Mine is a "Pavement Princess" I don't get off road much.

I like the clean simple mod'ed look.
    Others seem to like it as well, I gotten a compliment everyday the past three days that its been done, and after I picked it up from the dealer after the lift, someone followed me into a parking lot and took a picture of it. Lol, that was pretty cool.

6. Jul 27, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    Fiolo

Fiolo Senior member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, 2022 Tacoma, 2019 L5P Duramax
    Lost track many mods ago
    Good looking truck , oh and btw when you're on here, you're never done

7. Jul 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM
    slednek

slednek [OP] Member

Member:
    S.W. Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD Sport
    Thanks & your probably right.
    I love your grill.
    I'm looking for a similar look, but don't want to cut anything.
    Options are limited for 2013 still.

8. Jul 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    Glueman

Glueman Yersinia pestis

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    The Plague....
    6 inch Douche Bag lift...what else do I need?
    Nice work!...but less is never more.

9. May 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM
    AviatorRuss

AviatorRuss Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Tacoma, WA
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB TRD Sport 4x4 Red
    No mods yet...
    Sled,

Very tasteful build, it is inspiring me to do something similar. I just picked mine up this past weekend, and I'm already getting antsy to do some mods!

I'm mostly on pavement except for dirt roads every now and then on weekends, so I like your choice of the 31s and being able to save the flaps.

Anyway, Nice work,
    -Russ

Products Discussed in

To Top