Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Ghostrider757's "Coming to America" Build

Old 07-27-2013, 02:53 AM   #1
Ghostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to behold

Ghostrider757's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Ghostrider757's "Coming to America" Build

WARNING -= MALL CRAWLER INSIDE (PROCEED WITH CAUTION) =- WARNING

Backstory: Im currently a Contractor in Afghanistan. Been here for 10 months so far and havent been home yet. In 4 days, I leave this dump to go on a 3 week vacation back to the states. After that, I come back here for another 13 months.

Prior to today, my girlfriend has been driving 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer for the last 10 years. Shes a student, and has had alot of trouble with her car. With me being overseas...I dont like thinking about her being stranded somewhere, and I have been having her drive my Avalanche for the time being....which is nerve wracking, thats my baby lol. So 2 months ago I ordered her a 2013 Magnetic Gray Metallic DCSB TRD Sport. Added Entune to the package. Paid $33,000 OTD and have worked closely with the dealership to make sure this deal goes flawless for delivery on Aug 2nd. I did have the dealer put on fender flares, a bull bar, and nerf bars.

Im going to use this thread to Document the progress so I have something to refer back to should I need it. I dont have any pictures yet, but I will once I pick up the truck. For now, Heres a list of mods and what I paid for everything. It was cheaper for me to source everything and have it delivered to my house. This will be installed within 3 days of picking the truck. I will get some pics up when im back in the states. Keep in mind, I know absolutely zero about Lifting vehicles and Tacomas. I think I did good considering. The only offroad this truck will see is the beach and during a Zombie Apocalypse lol.

Add on Costs:
- Bushwacker Fender flares - 389
- KMC XD Spy Rims - 773.36
- Westin Bull Bar - 250
- Iron Cross Nerf Bars - 343.48
- Pop lock - 90
- Relocate mirror - 35
- License plate relocator - 17.39
- Pro Comp Lift Kit- 1500
- Nitto Trail Grappler Tires - 1360
- Icon Coilovers - 1139
- Icon UCA's - 629.95
- Kuda mount - 142.64
- Wet Okole Seat Covers - 350
- TRS HID Retrofit - 294
- Headlight Butyl - 36
- Boltlock - 44.44
- Bedmat - 95.40
- Alcan 6" springs - 697
- Window Tint - 90
- Toyota Paint/Labor - 540
- Lift Install - 600
- Devil Horns 94
--------------------------
Old 08-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
Ghostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to behold

Picked up the truck from the dealer and went in for the lift today....will get some pics soon. The dealer installed the fender flares, window tint, nerf bars and bull bar.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
A) thanks for your service

B) You bought this for her? Or just for her to drive until you get back?

Either way, looking good so far. MGM is the best color. Can't wait for the three week transformation to be complete...
Old 08-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
Juan Solo is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuan Solo is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuan Solo is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuan Solo is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuan Solo is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuan Solo is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuan Solo is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuan Solo is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuan Solo is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuan Solo is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuan Solo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 91B - Mechanic
Name: Johnny
Juan Solo's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! That should come out nicely. Props for keeping your upgrades practical lol.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Solo View Post
Sweet! That should come out nicely. Props for keeping your upgrades practical lol.
How dare you...

LT, Mud Terrains, and superchargers for everyone!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
A) thanks for your service

B) You bought this for her? Or just for her to drive until you get back?

Either way, looking good so far. MGM is the best color. Can't wait for the three week transformation to be complete...
Yeah, bought the truck and $10k in mods for her. I drive an avalanche lol.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #7

Here she is

Old 08-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
Member Caught Off Road

Okay...that's sexy...
Old 08-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Okay...that's sexy...
Just wish I got to drive it lol.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #10
Wildcat is on a distinguished road

Army: Prior Service - National Guard
Wildcat's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a '13 only in pyrite mica. It's like you took the plans I have in my head and made them reality! That looks so awesome! Can't wait to begin the mods on mine.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I just bought a '13 only in pyrite mica. It's like you took the plans I have in my head and made them reality! That looks so awesome! Can't wait to begin the mods on mine.
If you are going with 35" Nittos....be prepared to do some trimming and the cab mount chop is a must. Other than that...everything fit like a glove.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:00 AM   #12
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Great lookin rig!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #13

Wildcat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider757 View Post
If you are going with 35" Nittos....be prepared to do some trimming and the cab mount chop is a must. Other than that...everything fit like a glove.
I had the shop order the lift kit and rims, but haven't decided on a tire yet. I really like the looks of yours, but am thinking about the LT295/70R18 rather than the 35s. I an also considering the Terra, but think I really like the looks of the Trails better. Only thing is I will drive highway 95% of the time.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #14
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man! I love the front ends on these newer models! I've got an 05 Sport that I've been modding, but aside from a new Head Unit, I've got everything I wanted to do to it, before I get my lift on! Can't wait to get that done!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #15
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #16
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
how do you like those icons?
I need to replace my shocks/springs all the way around on mine
Old 09-01-2013, 04:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I had the shop order the lift kit and rims, but haven't decided on a tire yet. I really like the looks of yours, but am thinking about the LT295/70R18 rather than the 35s. I an also considering the Terra, but think I really like the looks of the Trails better. Only thing is I will drive highway 95% of the time.
I have trails on my avalanche...got 50,000 miles on them and counting. They are a GREAT tire. Just dont take off ramps fast and rotate with every oil change and you will be fine. I would recommend the LT295/70R18 size. I put the 35's on just to say I did but the LT295/70R18 will be a better fit...and cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman597 View Post
how do you like those icons?
I need to replace my shocks/springs all the way around on mine
They were great till I cranked em up lol. Now things are stiff but I will probably drop it back down again since im not rubbing anymore. They are an excellent choice for coilovers.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #18

Wildcat's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Ghostrider757;7371592]I have trails on my avalanche...got 50,000 miles on them and counting. They are a GREAT tire. Just dont take off ramps fast and rotate with every oil change and you will be fine. I would recommend the LT295/70R18 size. I put the 35's on just to say I did but the LT295/70R18 will be a better fit...and cheaper.

Sweet! That's good to know. I went ahead and ordered the 295 Trails. Good to hear they are wearing that well for you! Makes me feel better about my decision to go with them. I will post pics of mine once I get the lift and tires put on. Hope you take it as a compliment that I am somewhat copying your truck, it looks so damn awesome!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1no33 View Post
Nice looking truck bro.
Thanks!