Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

HIYota's 09 DCSB Build

Old 08-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #21
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjacobsjr View Post
Stupid question but like i said before im a rookie. Especially with all the acronyms. What is the HID
From Wiki:

High-intensity discharge lamps (HID lamps) are a type of electrical gas-discharge lamp which produces light by means of an electric arc between tungsten electrodes housed inside a translucent or transparent fused quartz or fused alumina arc tube. This tube is filled with both gas and metal salts. The gas facilitates the arc's initial strike. Once the arc is started, it heats and evaporates the metal salts forming a plasma, which greatly increases the intensity of light produced by the arc and reduces its power consumption. High-intensity discharge lamps are a type of arc lamp.
High-intensity discharge lamps make more visible light per unit of electric power consumed than fluorescent and incandescent lamps since a greater proportion of their radiation is visible light in contrast to heat.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #25
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
Headlights out

Lining up the projectors

Completely mounted. Need to line them up and get night shots.
Somebody needs a nice power washing.. Nice truck, looks sweet.

Thanks,
Brett
Old 09-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #27
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Air Force: 1st Recon Squadron
Name: Jerry
gjacobsjr's Tacoma Gallery
at least its not a Mall Crawler lol. I always pitty those guys that dump thousands of dollars into their truck and it is in prestine condition. I mean come on! Okay maybe a wash now and then!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #28
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjacobsjr View Post
at least its not a Mall Crawler lol. I always pitty those guys that dump thousands of dollars into their truck and it is in prestine condition. I mean come on! Okay maybe a wash now and then!
Yup, it's a truck and I've always treated it as such. I like it to be clean and all but I'm not worried when it's not. My last Tacoma, granted I bought it used went directly from the dealer to a trail after a small stop back at my place to grab stuff. This truck went mudding as soon as the break in period was over.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #29
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Air Force: 1st Recon Squadron
Name: Jerry
gjacobsjr's Tacoma Gallery
Ya down for a camp trip on thr 19 thru 21st check out gold lake camp trip
Old 09-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #31
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Antenna X I got from Seth.
How is that antenna working out (signal wise) compared to the stock one?
Old 09-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #32
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Subd!

tisk tisk tisk! what a dirty engine bay!!!

oh wait, mine looks the same! hah
Old 09-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #33

Air Force:
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post
How is that antenna working out (signal wise) compared to the stock one?
I haven't noticed a difference. Only thing that bugs me is the fact that the antenna bends when I'm going fast. Other than that I am happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
Subd!

tisk tisk tisk! what a dirty engine bay!!!

oh wait, mine looks the same! hah
If it ain't dirty you ain't using your truck lol.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #34
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
If you dont break it, you aint riding it hard enough

oh wait.......
Old 09-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #36
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha! In other crappy news...

Shroud came off the projector
Oh damn! Did you jb weld it to the projector or just use the ring?
Old 09-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #37

CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I haven't noticed a difference. Only thing that bugs me is the fact that the antenna bends when I'm going fast. Other than that I am happy with it.
Gotcha. Still haven't decided if I want to replace my stock antenna as I kinda use it for a early warning when in a parking garage. When I hear the antenna hit I know I am close to my roof racks clipping.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #38

Air Force:
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh damn! Did you jb weld it to the projector or just use the ring?
Just the ring...guess you live and learn.

Quote:
Gotcha. Still haven't decided if I want to replace my stock antenna as I kinda use it for a early warning when in a parking garage. When I hear the antenna hit I know I am close to my roof racks clipping.
Haha, nice! I was tired of hitting my antenna on stuff.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #39

CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just the ring...guess you live and learn.

Haha, nice! I was tired of hitting my antenna on stuff.
Don't take it so bad I've totally jacked up the main reflector bowl trying to paint/black out the headlights I think your fix will be easier than mine hehe.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #40

Air Force:
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't take it so bad I've totally jacked up the main reflector bowl trying to paint/black out the headlights I think your fix will be easier than mine hehe.
Well it's a matter of having the tools. I can't work on my truck at the apartment cause ill get in trouble. So I have to see if Brian or Seth can help me out again.