Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

HIYota's 09 DCSB Build

Old 07-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
HIYota's 09 DCSB Build

Then...

Now...

Mod list:
-Chrome 17" rims I really want to get rid of
-285/70/17 BFG KM2 tires
-Fox 2.5 ext travel coilovers w/700# King Coils
-Desert Products uniball UCAs
-AllPro 3" leafs
-Fox rear resi's
-ext brake lines
-Weathertech digifits front and back
-B.A.M.F. sliders & LCA skids
-Full set of ATO skids
-Aero Turbine 2525XL
-LED dome, map and license plate lights
-URD Short Throw Shifter
-Brute Force Fab front plate bumper
-Satoshi
-TRD Shift Knob
-Blue instinct center console and front door handle covers
-Antenna X shorty
-TRS Morimoto D2S Retrofit
-aFe Pro dry-s air filter
-Pop&Lock power tailgate lock
-TonnoPro Tonneau cover
-Yellow wire mod (followed Benson X guide)
-Wet Okole seat covers front and rear
-More to come...

Mods I want
-TRD Supercharger
-CB Radio
-Winch
-Tint
-Rear plate bumper
-LED Light bar behind the grill
-Bed mat
-Arb lockers and air compressor
Old 07-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Bought my truck one day screwing around the dealer. Had a guy who bought her a week earlier and his wife couldn't drive stick so she made him trade her back, so I took her off the dealers hands. At the time I had no knowledge of TacomaWorld and the wealth of information on this site. She came with 3" top plate spacers, 3" blocks, chrome step bars, along with 17" chrome wheels wrapped with 285/70 BFG KM2s. That didn't stop me from mudding

Bad stuck...

The truck stayed that way until I discovered TW during my deployment to Iraq in 2011. Once I returned home the mods ensued, 2.5 extended Fox coilovers, DSM UCAs, 2.0 piggyback fox and 3" AllPro leaf pack along with Timbren bumps.

Once everything had been installed I had to test the new setup so I went on a small wheeling trip to Long Canyon.

That trip destroyed the step bars and thus it was decided I needed sliders so I hit up Jerry at B.A.M.F. for a set with kick outs.

Then I jumped in on a GB for plate bumpers by BruteForce Fab. Billy does some awesome work and I was stoked when I was finally able to put the bumper on my truck.

Also got me a Satoshi grill

Blue instinct center console cover and door handles.

TRS retrofit morimoto D2S

Wet Okole seat covers I got off craigslist.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
TacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud of

Name: Jake
TacoBurrito07's Tacoma Gallery
Nice rig
Old 08-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Subbing. Truck looks even better in person!
Old 08-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #7

Air Force:
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Thanks man! Your truck is looking sweet too! Im liking your white plate bumper after seeing it in person. Your truck is just missing a high clearance rear bumper painted white lol.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #8
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Indeed.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if this was sent to you, but here you go! You're going to have to make a pretty long road trip next year to join us!

Old 08-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #11
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction120 View Post
Not sure if this was sent to you, but here you go! You're going to have to make a pretty long road trip next year to join us!

I got it, and I'm pretty sure Angel got it. Thanks for posting it up though.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #12
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like the Desert Products uniball UCAs? Did you replace the DSM uca's? Thanks
Old 08-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #13

Air Force:
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtacoma88 View Post
How do you like the Desert Products uniball UCAs? Did you replace the DSM uca's? Thanks
Still got those UCAs on the truck. I like them though I don't think I've pushed them too much. When I got them it was on a deal that DSM had and it was too good to pass up.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #14
KanoradoKing is on a distinguished road

Name: David
KanoradoKing's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome build man!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #17
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Air Force: 1st Recon Squadron
Name: Jerry
gjacobsjr's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 08-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #18
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
You are going to love that mod, it's my favorite personally. Prepare to blow your stock output out the water.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #19

Air Force:
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
You are going to love that mod, it's my favorite personally. Prepare to blow your stock output out the water.
I'm sure I will but don't know about it being my favorite lol. I've been looking into HIDs for awhile now the price was just a little much. Since I got a really good deal for these I'm happy I waited.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #20
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Air Force: 1st Recon Squadron
Name: Jerry
gjacobsjr's Tacoma Gallery
Stupid question but like i said before im a rookie. Especially with all the acronyms. What is the HID