Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

dgerm's build

Old 06-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #21
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Thanks for the kinds words guys! I will have fun with all my future mods...no matter how much in the future they are lol. That was the reason I bought a base model because I want to do all the improvements myself as a learning experience
That's a great idea! I wish I wasn't so lazy...
Old 06-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #22
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
That's a great idea! I wish I wasn't so lazy...
I have proven kind of lazy too. I still have a set of header that need put on, then I have the LED's for my gauge cluster that need soldering!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #23
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
germ how long did it take u to do the emblems, thinking about doing them tom.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #24
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
germ how long did it take u to do the emblems, thinking about doing them tom.
I would say about an hour tops. The only time consuming part is letting the paint dry between coats. We can do it at the july meet if you have some extra time
Old 06-16-2009, 10:02 PM   #25
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
i already have the everything i need so id rather get it done now
Old 06-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #26
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i already have the everything i need so id rather get it done now
Ya its pretty simple. I just heated them up with a blowdrier, then threaded 12 lb test fishing line behind them to get them off. I sanded and cleaned them with rubbing alcohol. Then applied adhesion promoter, a few coats of paint and reattached with Auto Decal Adhesive.

I recommend you NOT use the decal adhesive. It is messy and hard to work with.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #27
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
you did alot more prep than most on here, i was just planning on a light sand clean paint, and u reminded me i dont have any adhesive yet, most have been using 3m dbl sided tape, ill check autozone tom
Old 06-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #28
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you did alot more prep than most on here, i was just planning on a light sand clean paint, and u reminded me i dont have any adhesive yet, most have been using 3m dbl sided tape, ill check autozone tom
I got the 3m tape from sears but I have to redo them with it soon
Old 06-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #29
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some more recent pics with the white headlight mod and stubby antennae:

Old 07-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #31
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
New hood!

Old 07-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #32
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
very very nice!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #33
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
New hood!

[Jealousy]

Looks nice