Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

dgerm's build

Old 03-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
dgerm's build

So far havn't done much, but I wrote this so I could have list of things to do that wouldn't get lost in my room . I have a Superwhite base '07 5 speed access cab 4x4. So far I have upgraded my HU, upgraded speakers and amplified them, removed secondary air filter, gotten the rear TSB done.

My list of future upgrades:

Free/cheap (aka hold me over so I don't spend money):
  • Paint all badges black (DONE)
  • White headlight mod (DONE)
  • Black eye lids
  • paint wheels black (maybe)

Expensive (cost more than $20 mods:
  • Install Drop in air filter (DONE)
  • Redo instrument pannels to get rid of amber
  • Install LED's in dome light
  • Put leds in console/cup holder
  • Get a set of seat covers
  • TRD floormats (DONE)
  • Slap on a bedside decal
  • Upgrade headlights
  • Install Pop N Lock tailgate lock
  • Install aftermarket exhaust for performance, NOT sound
  • Re-install speakers with new baffles and dynamat the doors
  • Install powerlocks and windows (except no one here can help me so I don't think this will get done )
  • Install foglights
  • Install NAV/DVD receiver
  • Install rear view camera
  • Install Pop N Lock tailgate lock
  • Put on 17" wheels (bought the wheels now i need the tires)
  • Get 265 A/T Tires
  • Instal sub
  • Install diff locker
Any further recommendations are welcome!
Old 03-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Alright now that I got my wheels (17' FJ wheels Thanks to Dave) I am trying to figure out whether I should throw tires on them and put them on or wait til the tread on my stock ones is worn down?
Old 03-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Alright now that I got my wheels (17' FJ wheels Thanks to Dave) I am trying to figure out whether I should throw tires on them and put them on or wait til the tread on my stock ones is worn down?
You could try and trade the stock tires in to a local tire dealer for some cash towards new tires for the new FJ wheels..........I did this with some old snow tires/wheels and got quite a bit for them. Just a thought.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
great suggestion. I'm trying to figure out if they are steelies or not. If so I may keep them to offroad, but not sure yet. I've seen people make more than I paid for the FJ wheels so Its up in the air right now
Old 03-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #6
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
haha I havn't done anything yet! hopefully after tomorrow I will post the headlight mod, and possible emblem mods
Old 03-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #7
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
White headlight mod anf emblems

Today I finished up the White headlight mod and blacking out my emblems:

Before
dgerm's build-img_3705.jpg

Before
dgerm's build-img_3707.jpg

WHITE HEADLIGHT MOD AND BLACK EMBLEM
dgerm's build-img_3716.jpg

WHITE HEADLIGHT
dgerm's build-img_3717.jpg

DOOR BADGE
dgerm's build-img_3718.jpg
Old 03-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #9
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! Let me know how your mods go during your break!
Old 03-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #11
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Just an update. I just ordered all the LEDs to complete my project. I am going to replace the ones behind the instrument cluster, in the dome light and center console/cupholders
Old 03-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #12
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Just an update. I just ordered all the LEDs to complete my project. I am going to replace the ones behind the instrument cluster, in the dome light and center console/cupholders
Nice, I thought about replacing the LEDs behind the instrument cluster but chickened out after reading various threads on how to do it. I'm anxious to see how it turns out for you.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:03 PM   #13
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I got the BLUE LEDs by accident instead of white. If i cant change it, oh well we will see how it turns out. better than amber!
Old 04-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #14
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
White headlights look great! Do you have a picture were you can see the whole front end?

Nice Job!
Old 04-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #15
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I do not but that can be fixed this weekend! Well I mean I do but the headlights are on and it isnt a closeup:
Old 04-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #16
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Finally making some progress

I have a bunch of stuff on its way in this week

Rocksliders ship today, and I hope to have them bedlinered and ready to go by next weekend. My welder is out of the office this weekend but next weekend I hope it is a done deal.

I have a set of offroad lights ordered from automatcentral. I also am meeting with the welder to get measurements for a custom fab on a light mounting bar on thursday.

I have headers shipping to me today as well and hope to have them on by the weekend

Also have the LED lights to change the gauge color, map lights, dome light and a few extras for whatever i chose to illuminate
Old 06-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #17
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Ok it has been a while. As per my 30k maintenance I put in an AFE Pro Dry S. I also got a stubby white antennae for my birthday, will post pics whenever I find a camera to use
Old 06-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #20
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the kinds words guys! I will have fun with all my future mods...no matter how much in the future they are lol. That was the reason I bought a base model because I want to do all the improvements myself as a learning experience