Notices

My 2006 BSP DCLB TRD SPORT...super slow build

Old 08-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
robbytaco is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: p.o.
Name: Rob
robbytaco's Tacoma Gallery
My 2006 BSP DCLB TRD SPORT...super slow build

So I figure its time to start a build thread, even tho the truck is no where near where I want it to end up. I think it'll be interesting to look back and see the progress it went through once its all said and done. I've had my truck since December of 2011, purchased stock and used from a local Toyota dealer.
When I first brought her home....

Mods so far:
Tinted tail lights
Bhlm with reflectors removed(IMO looks cleaner without the orange reflectors)
Weathertech floor liners
Shorty antenna
3 inch Procomp lift(front coilovers, real shocks and aal)
Moto metal 17x9.5 -12 offset m909 wheels
265/70/17 Nitto terra grapplers
K&n dropping air filter
Satoshi grill

This truck also came with an aftermarket system, pioneer deck aftermarket speakers(never pulled door panels to see what kind) and a sub box with 2 10" premier subs

Installing the lift...

new front coilovers compared to the shot stock ones...

post lift, sitting level and not sagging...pretty happy

my truck post lift sitting next to a stock TRD offroad at work

lights pulled starting the BHLM

in progress...

BHLM done, lenses have hazing on the outside, need to be restored, thats a future project

pretty much how she sits now
Old 08-03-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
fau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to all
Name: Tom
fau8823's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbytaco View Post
So I figure its time to start a build thread, even tho the truck is no where near where I want it to end up. I think it'll be interesting to look back and see the progress it went through once its all said and done. I've had my truck since December of 2011, purchased stock and used from a local Toyota dealer.

Mods so far:
Tinted tail lights
Bhlm with reflectors removed(IMO looks cleaner without the orange reflectors)
Weathertech floor liners
Shorty antenna
3 inch Procomp lift(front coilovers, real shocks and aal)
Moto metal 17x9.5 -12 offset m909 wheels
265/70/17 Nitto terra grapplers
K&n dropping air filter

Tuck also came with an aftermarket system, pioneer deck aftermarket speakers(never pulled door panels to see what kind) and a sub box with 2 10" premier subs.

Pics shortly...
Subbed. Interested to see 265s with a 3 inch lift. I have 5100s set at 1.75, but would like to go higher
Old 08-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
thomas424 is on a distinguished road

Name: Thomas
thomas424's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 3in and 265s. Looking to put 33s when these tires wear downMy 2006 BSP DCLB TRD SPORT...super slow build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375543057.516490.jpg
Old 08-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fau8823 View Post
Subbed. Interested to see 265s with a 3 inch lift. I have 5100s set at 1.75, but would like to go higher
Hope you get a good idea how it sits from the pics i posted. I think it looks good with the 265's but i had them prelift so the do still look a little small to me. When its time I'm either going to 285/70/17 or a true 33/12.5/17 either terra grappler or mickey atz's.

Next up on the mod list is tinting the windows all the way around, weathertech vent visors, wet okoles, and probably a cat back, leaning towards the mbrp offroad style exhaust.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:26 AM   #5
So I haven't updated this in quite a while, I've been running 295/70/17 nitto terra grapplers for like 8 months now, I like them quite a bit. However I've been lurking on the site and reading about guys stuffing 35's under a 3 inch lift. I just scored a set of 5 mickey Thompson atz's with approx. 6,000 miles on them and 0 on the spare for $400. They are 35/12.5/17. I'm going to let them sit for a bit until I find a new set of rims that I like better than my current moto metals which I am sick of. I'm thinking the new scs sr8's if I can score some on the group buy.

Before any new mods are done however I will be fighting with Toyota to have my frame replaced due to a couple small holes, one near my cab mount and one near the cat, both on the drivers side. I'll start a new thread about that to track my progress and dealings with Toyota and also as a reference for any other members with frame issues. Currently the rot isn't to the point where the integrity of the frame is compromised but still it's an issue.

Finally only recent mods I've performed were the rear differential breather relocate to inside the fuel door. Super easy, found a write up on here with the part numbers for the new union and breather. Cost less than $20 and took about 25 minutes to complete. Also I scored a first generation trd CAI which seems to be the more desirable intake off craigslist for $100 with 2 filters. Installed about 2 weeks ago and love it, now I need headers and exhaust, along with armor and skids and she will be ready to spend some time and Rausch creek and on the trails.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #6
Been a while since I've updated this. So I got some wet Okoles.

Also now running pro comp 7069 wheels 16x8, -12 offset, 4 inch backspacing. Just had a set of 315/75/16 duratracs mounted tonight. I will try and document how the clearancing goes as I try to make it possible to stuff these big ass tires.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:10 AM   #7
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CollegeKevin's Tacoma Gallery
When I saw your truck, did you have those huge 35's mounted?
Old 03-24-2015, 01:26 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeKevin View Post
When I saw your truck, did you have those huge 35's mounted?
Yea, they'be been on for a little bit now. I really need to regear sometime soon. Also have to finish cutting my flares and fenders so I can wheel it. Any flex and they rub hard when I'm turning.