Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

2011 access cab overhaul

Old 09-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #41
Pdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Lengthened abs sensor tab

For the 12" stroke Billy's there needs to be a shock mount added in the OG bracket. I like the stock mounting locations even though they hang below the axle housing.

Gettin all Delorian.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #42
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
Papa Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdugan6 View Post
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Well I picked up my truck and....I LOVE IT! It gave the rear 3" of lift and I have so much more travel with the Chevy springs and Billsteins. It rides very smooth on the road and I can't wait to get out really use them. Here are some pics.

This is freaking sweet
Old 09-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #43
Pdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
I have noticed that the angle change of the drive line has created a slight wobble right at the beginning of first gear acceleration. Nowhere else in the powerband has the wobble. i think It is right at the connection of the stupid 2 piece driveline. I think the correction will be getting rid of that stupid union and going with a one piece driveline. I'm going to mount my gopro underneath my truck to try and find the wobble just to be sure.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #44

Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
I installed my bumper this evening. I am flipping tired. There still needs to be some detail work in the form of trimming the body panels another 1/8" and all the paint or powder coating. With a little ingenuity you can do almost anything by yourself.

Make sure to take off the tailgate

Strike some rough cut lines 2" longer than the final cut

Chop it up

Lifting to strike final line

3"blocks to get my cut line

Oh and it was too dark for me to take a picture of the finished install. Ill save that for tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #46

Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Love it

The family. 1988, 2011, 1981 yotes

Chillin at my buddies house finishing off the rear panel cuts
Old 10-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #47
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Is that a first gen I spy in the back????
Old 10-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #48
Factory Pilot
TxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Water Sprayer & naysayer
TxFireman's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #49

Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBIETACO View Post
Is that a first gen I spy in the back????
I'm standing behind a fully done SAS'ed 1988 and then there's my 2011 and behind that is a 1981 project in the works.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #51
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Damn y'all those are beautiful.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #52
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
What are the plans for color on your HCRB? Color matched?!!!!!!!? or black?

Personally, I am color matching my ride. . Front bumper is done, well, color matched and solenoid relocated. I still have some goodies I want to put there.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #53
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

did you find that wobble in the drive shaft?
Old 10-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #54

Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
What are the plans for color on your HCRB? Color matched?!!!!!!!? or black?

Personally, I am color matching my ride. . Front bumper is done, well, color matched and solenoid relocated. I still have some goodies I want to put there.
I am going to rattle it in a flat black finish or maybe see how a flat grey looks. I'm still contemplating. I thought about powdercoating The bumper and sliders but it's very appealing how easy touch up is when spraying.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #55

Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Taco View Post
did you find that wobble in the drive shaft?
I loaded all my tools up and with the added weight of my bumper it went away. I am going to keep an eye on it though. I am loving the setup though.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #57
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdugan6 View Post
I loaded all my tools up and with the added weight of my bumper it went away. I am going to keep an eye on it though. I am loving the setup though.
I really dig how that rear end came out. I'm definitely looking into this hopefully this winter.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #58
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL

you went with 12" bilsteins for shocks.... could you have gone longer?
Old 10-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #60

Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Taco View Post
you went with 12" bilsteins for shocks.... could you have gone longer?
They fit in the factory mounts very well. The way it's set up it has 4" up stroke and 8" of down stroke which works great. You could probably go with 14" stroke if you wanted and with a slightly larger shackle and new shock towers up top. I have 5" shackles and I gained 3-3 1/2" of lift in the rear with that and 63's. I am so pumped on how it turned out. Ill post measurements for the bracket locations. It flexes great and has a ton of travel.