Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

2011 access cab overhaul

Old 10-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #81
Pdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxFireman View Post
LOL My exact thoughts. Maybe he's the "No Parking police".

Looks great!
Lol That's my dad just watching me going," What the heck are you doing?"
Old 10-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #82
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdugan6 View Post
Oh hell makes much more sense now, my dad does that shit to me all the time. Normally there is input on how im doing it wrong though.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #83
Factory Pilot
TxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Water Sprayer & naysayer
TxFireman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ah, so that's his "Damn kids" face!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #84
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
Papa Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I did a little work on the truck last night. I primed and painted my bumper an put some edge trim on my rear panel cut

daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn that looks good
Old 10-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #85
Pdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
2011 access cab overhaul

I put my bumper back on last night with the help of my buddy. It looks great now all painted up. I decided a matte black finish will do just fine. Adam over at Armortech Offroad did such a great job on this bumper and I had him cut 2" off the normal length so it would match up with my panel cuts. It turned out perfect.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #86
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

so you had to trim your fenders 2" to fit the 315s?
Old 10-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #87

Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Taco View Post
so you had to trim your fenders 2" to fit the 315s?
I think the rear was a non issue. It might have been close where it gets tighter near the bottom of the panel. That can alway be adjusted after 315's are installed by trimming or adjusting the bump stops. The front was necessary though. With 3" out of the front I clear the firewall after some cutting and rub on the frame at full turn. I can drive normally at all speeds without fear of rubbing. I will find out for sure how the front reacts offroad soon enough.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #88
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL

yeah I am on 285/75/17s and I rub. Not a lot but enough to make me cringe sometimes. I need to trim my fenders just need to get the balls and the time to starting hacking away. how did you cut them without affecting the mounts?
Old 10-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #89

Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Taco View Post
yeah I am on 285/75/17s and I rub. Not a lot but enough to make me cringe sometimes. I need to trim my fenders just need to get the balls and the time to starting hacking away. how did you cut them without affecting the mounts?
My body mounts are cut. When I had my 285's I had a body mount cut and just had to trim a little off of the front bumper. Other than that I had no problems even at full flex on the trails.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #90
God Bless America
Rustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Rustbucket's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw your truck on 85 I was in the speedway blue access cab. Truck looks so badass man
Old 10-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #91

Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustbucket View Post
Just saw your truck on 85 I was in the speedway blue access cab. Truck looks so badass man
Haha yes! I was checking you out too. Thanks. Hit me up if you ever go on a trail or something. Maybe our schedules will sync.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #92
God Bless America
Rustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Haha yes! I was checking you out too. Thanks. Hit me up if you ever go on a trail or something. Maybe our schedules will sync.
I will definitely do that. I need to get new tires before any serious wheeling can be done, but as soon as that happens I'll let you know
Old 10-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #94

Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konvict KROG View Post
harbor frieght has a "body saw" that works well too.
yeah it is on sale right now i believe for $9.99. I think im going to pick one up tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #95
God Bless America

Hey Patrick what did you do to account for the speedometer being wrong when you put the 315s on
Old 10-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #96

Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Patrick what did you do to account for the speedometer being wrong when you put the 315s on
When my odo says 60 I'm going 65mph. I just keep it 5 under and it is about right. More of a mental gauge. I definitely need to regear though. I feel the power loss big time. I am also replacing my 2 piece drive shaft with a one piece. If I punch it from a dead stop I get a wobble in my drive shaft. i don't think it's absolutely critical but I'm going to do it.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #97
God Bless America

Quote:
When my odo says 60 I'm going 65mph. I just keep it 5 under and it is about right. More of a mental gauge. I definitely need to regear though. I feel the power loss big time. I am also replacing my 2 piece drive shaft with a one piece. If I punch it from a dead stop I get a wobble in my drive shaft. i don't think it's absolutely critical but I'm going to do it.
Ok that's what I hear most people do. Are you manual or automatic? The wobble is from the springs though right
Old 10-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #98

Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok that's what I hear most people do. Are you manual or automatic? The wobble is from the springs though right
Auto 3.73 gears. The wobble has to be stemming from the angle change of the drive shaft I'm thinking. It's right at the link between the 2 shafts. The one piece will be great. Bye bye wobble. It will be a thicker wall shaft also. A local shop is fabbing it. South Bay driveline. $350 for the new DS which is a good deal.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #99
God Bless America

Quote:
Auto 3.73 gears. The wobble has to be stemming from the angle change of the drive shaft I'm thinking. It's right at the link between the 2 shafts. The one piece will be great. Bye bye wobble. It will be a thicker wall shaft also. A local shop is fabbing it. South Bay driveline. $350 for the new DS which is a good deal.
That's what I thought. Ok cause down the line I am thinking of doing the 63 spring swap so I am glad you are being the guinea pig haha. 350 is a great deal man. Keep it up
Old 10-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #100

Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's what I thought. Ok cause down the line I am thinking of doing the 63 spring swap so I am glad you are being the guinea pig haha. 350 is a great deal man. Keep it up
Yeah its definitely good to watch another build and research before going for it. My buddy has 2 yotas with Chevy 63's and he gave me tons of advice. Just remember that resale values plummet once you start cutting stuff out