(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ 12 33.33%
︻デ═一 5 13.89%
ಠ_ಠ 13 36.11%
┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) 5 13.89%
┻━┻ ︵ ლ(⌒-⌒ლ) 6 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Red's Build, BS & Picture / Vid thread

I like long walks on the beach, red heads, beer, guns, games, poker, wheeling & wrenching in general.
This thread is to keep track of my progress, wheeling trips and future mods!

Suspension
OME 886
Nitrocharger Shocks
Total Chaos Uppers
Sway bar removed
Deaver AAL (TSB)
Iron Man 4x4 Rear Leaf pack
Nitrocharger rears
All Pro u-bolt flip
Timbren bumps

Drivetrain
4.56s F&R (Nitro)
ARB front air locker
Factory rear E-locker
Beefed Taco CB drop

Armor
Pelfreybilt front IFS
Pelfreybilt mid
Pelfreybilt t-case
Pelfreybilt Sliders w/kick
Pelfreybilt front plate w/ single hoop
DerpWerx Fab bedrack
DerpWerx custom rear tube bumper
48" Hi-lift w/base
Custom DTF Bumper

Wheels / Tires
SCS Stealth 6 (4)
TRD Sport 17"
35x12.50x17 Goodyear MT/r (5)
Removed spare

Air
Viair 440P (Tires)
ARB - CKMA12 (For locker)
ARB tire inflator
Stainless plumbing (Swagelok)

Misc
Cobra 75 CB
Relentless hood mount
Diff breather in tail light
Thule Roof Rack
TRS Stage 4 retrofit
Rigid 20 SR in pelfrey bumper
Rigid D2s (amber) fog lights
Rigid D2s diffused flush mount in rear bumper
Rigid D2s (dunno where to install)
Old 08-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
brap
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
I am sub'd and I await.

My name is Rusty and I approve of this thread and the blonde.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
so what was with the f150?
Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits View Post
I am sub'd and I await.

My name is Rusty and I approve of this thread and the blonde.
Thanks Jack.. err Rusty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
so what was with the f150?
It's still in the family, actually I still drive it but it's too big for my liking and way too pretty to tear up.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #5
Twat did you say?
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Subd for the derp to come
Old 08-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Great truck man... gonna subscribe to this thread.... but only if you promise to post more pics of half naked cheerleaders again!
Old 09-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #9
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 10-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #11
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #12
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Getting ready for a meet

Full size spare mounted

Taco train

I don't want to clutter up the thread with meet pics, more build pics!
Old 10-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #13
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Took the Cadillac down to Harlingen Tx to pick up some new goodies.
Not too bad mpgs

Action shot

Drive:

Said goodies:
Old 10-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #14
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Loaded up, thanks to Mark (EATABULLETcom)

4.56 nitro gears, F&R and an ARB air locker for the front.

Install was next:

Drain the fluid from the 3rd on both axles

Used monkeyproof's guide to change the rear 3rd, thanks broski

This is the teeth for the e-locker actuator, it was pretty annoying, looking at it this way if the teeth are all the way to the right, the locker is disengaged
Old 10-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #15
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Disconnect drive shaft:

Inspect the ring on the new gears, never know if it's missing some

Hard to see, but it says all the info on there

Rear 3rd member out, new gasket from dealer, and new high temp silicone rtv gasket maker to be on the safe side
Old 10-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #16
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
New 3rd in, with e locker actuator out and in the unlocked position, this is an important step

Actuator back in

There is a few different options here, I chose to set the truck on jack stands front and back, disconnected the front drive shaft & turned the truck on, engaged 4wd, engaged the rear locker to make sure it would lock. You could always wait til the end but I decided since I was tackling that I would get it out of the way, worked like a charm.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #17
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot a pretty important step on the last reply, put diff fluid back in

Now to the front, disconnect sway bar (if you have one, I didn't), disconnect and separate tie rod from spindle, remove (2) 17MM nuts from the spindle to the knuckle (bottom of spindle) and use an old coat hangar to hold the spindle out of the way, then you are left with this
Old 10-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #18
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
DRAIN THE FRONT DIFF..

It's hard to explain, but use a pry bar between the front diff and the CV axle to pry it out from the diff, and it pops right out. You should inspect the CV for damages, these are in excellent condition

Fuck this bolt in general, way too much of a pita. Once you take the ADD switch off, there is 3 or 4 12MM nuts / bolts to remove and 1 on top of the diff that holds the breathers in place that needs to be removed. Once all those steps are done you have to pick up on the diff and rotate it forward to remove it, I highly suggest a second person to help you with it, I did it by myself and would not do it again solo. Fluid will drain on you and makes it really slippery, there is no way to remove all the fluid from the diff, so use rags over the holes or something else that absorbs liquid

Inspect front diff, I plan on selling this one
Old 10-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #19
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
That is the hard part, everything else is a lot easier, grab the new diff, throw it under the truck (not literally) and put it in place. Bolt everything back up, install CVs back in place using a pry bar with a wedged end and a hammer, after doing these CVs I am failry confident I can change one in an hour, maybe less and I did not use any air tools.

Reinstall skids

Take it for a test drive, you'll lose RPMs with the new gearing but IMO it's worth every penny not to downshift on every slight incline.

With 4.56s:
Old 10-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #20
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
tired of typing I guess I will rep the sticars