Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Steveo27's bolt-on thread

Old 11-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #41
steveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steveo
steveo27's Tacoma Gallery
More updates for anyone watching -

After finishing knocking all the plastic down, I started on the filler pieces for the sides. I used pieces of the center grille section I cutout -

Mocked em up in place and traced them out -

And cut the filler pieces out -

I did it a little different and cut the center piece out so it would fill better -

Then started plastic welding -

Finished all the plastic welding -

Sanded it all down -

Then repeated on the other side -

All done -

First coat of body filler -

Tomorrow, I'll knock down the filler and add another coat. If all goes well I'll be able to paint it this weekend.

:beer:
Old 12-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #42
steveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not much to update.

Second guessing the Satoshi. I love the look of the 2011 grille more and more everyday I look at it. I may end up keeping the OEM grille and going a different route with the aux lighting.

Sunday, we went out and sighted in our rifles for deer season and I snapped this picture

Old 01-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #43

Nothing to update on. I finally got to use the 4wd on the ride home from work today. I'm really impressed with how well it works.

On another note. I think once I finish the Satoshi, it'll be for sale.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:59 PM   #44

More updates:

I did a rear breather relocate a while back, but never posted pics...

Used OEM fittings -

10 ft of 5/16" fuel line -

And some PEX clamps because they look more OEM than off the shelf hose clamps -

Built the breather assembly. I think I ended up using about 8 feet of hose -

I ended up running up behind the taillight because it was the cleanest most hidden place I could put it. Plus I didnt want to drill into any of the plastics -

And I left enough slack that it would bind at full droop -

I ordered knock off TRD badges off of eBay a while back and they finally showed up yesterday -

Installed the front one -

Old 02-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #45

More shit -

Installed a lighted 4wd indicator last week.

Installed a K&N panel filter last week.

Replaced the cabin filter last week.

Picked up a set of used wheels yesterday -

They need refinished. There are few missing bolts that need addressed.

The bolts are just pressed into place, which is dumb. I will probably remove all of them, tap the holes and install new hardware.

Ideally Id like to find a set of rock rings for them to covered the little bit of rash on the lips and make them look like MT Classic Locks. I'd paint the wheels gun metal and do a polished ring with stainless hardware.

More pics coming eventually.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:09 PM   #46

Not much to update on.

I finished my '14 non JBL navigation retrofit -

Info/write up here -

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...t-numbers.html

Im not happy with the finish on the surround, so itll get repainted. I still need to paint the HVAC surround as well.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:21 PM   #47

Well I forgot about this thread...

Nothing really exciting has happened since March.

I did some shit to the truck. Heres some pictures in no specific order..

Installed an Ebay USB/3.5mm plug in place of the stock 3.5mm jack -

I shaved down the front calipers to clear the aftermarket wheels I plan on running -

Then I painted the calipers -

I built a sweet bed divider to hold gear for fishing -

Room for a cooler, bait bucket, waders, and other shit.

And I build a fishing rod holder -

Random picture -

I found a set of Weathertech's on Craigslist for cheap and picked them up -

I bought a canoe over summer, so I needed a way to haul it. I bought a Rhino Rack roof rack and added a fairing off the Thule rack from my VW -

Also, over the summer, we went camping one weekend -

The last time we went camping, we took the MK4. Its so much nicer using a truck for camping.

I changed the oil -

I bought a 30" LED light bar off of Amazon -

And heres some random pictures -

This brings us up to date

Old 09-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #48
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
After i got your message i checked your thread. Nice work man! I know you were working on a satoshi grille but i really like the 2011 honeycomb and trd emblem on your truck. I really need to work on my rear diff breather mod. And damn you made me want to get a light bar for my lower valence. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #49

Thanks dude. Im glad I kept the stock grille and went with the light bar over a Satoshi and Hella 500s. The first option is ALOT cleaner.