LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Steveo27's bolt-on thread

Old 08-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
steveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steveo
steveo27's Tacoma Gallery
Steveo27's bolt-on thread

I'm Steveo. I'm from Pittsburgh. I have a 2011 TRD Off Road package Tacoma.

I bought the truck as a new daily driver as I got sick of driving my '03 Malibu. It was boring, ugly, and just no fun.

I plan on doing a buncha small stuff to this truck, but nothing major since it is my daily driver. The plan is to make everything I do reversible just because. I already have a full out built show car for the extreme modifications kinda shit.

I wanna keep track of the stuff I do to the truck and share DIY's so I'm going to do a small "build" thread

Anyways, heres my fun/show car. Its a '92 VW Jetta. I've been dicking with it since 2005 -

Its currently in the body shop getting the engine bay re-shaved and the exterior resprayed.

And here's the build thread for it -

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ct-Thread-LA1Z

and this is my girlfriend's '99.5 VW Jetta, its her fun/show car, which I've also done all the work on -

DSC04910 by steve009_67, on Flickr

And here's the build thread for it -

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...uff-amp-things

I like doing these kinda threads to keep track of stuff and post pictures.

MODIFICATIONS -

Current Mods :

Front suspension

- Bilstein 5100s set at 1.75" w/ stock springs

Rear Suspension

- Wheeler's Progressive 3 leaf add-a-leaf

Brakes

- Stock

Wheels & Tires

- Stock 16" TRD Off Road alloy wheels
- 265/75/16 Cooper Discover AT3's
-
1.25" Spidertrax wheel spacers

Interior

- Rear headrest delete
- Lighted 4wd indicator
- Painted dashboard bezel

Entertainment

- '14 non JBL w/ navigation headunit retrofit

Exterior

- Plastidip'd front badge
- TRD skidplate
- Additional bed rail hold downs
- Xtang Trifold tonneau cover
- Yellow Lamin-x on front fogs
- Any time fog light modifications
- Brighter reverse bulbs
- TRD grille badge

Engine/Trans

- K&N panel filter

FUTURE MODS -

Front suspension

- Light Racing upper control arms - currently being refinished
- Eibach #620 front coil springs
- Toytec top plate spacers.

Rear Suspension

- Bilstein 5100's
- 1" blocks

Brakes

- Stock, painted front calipers

Wheels / tires

- Eagle Alloy 187s. - currently being refinished
- Custom fabricated rock rings w/ new hardware
- TRD centercaps
- 285/75/16 or 255/85/16 Goodyear Duratracs

Interior

- Ambient footwell lighting
- Weathertech floor mats
- Console organizer
- Console lock
- Painted HVAC controls
- Additional 12v outlets in center console
- Additional 120w outlet in the center console

Entertainment

- Bluetooth/voice command steering wheel control retrofit

Exterior

- Debadged tailgate
- Additional D rings in the bed
- Locking tailgate
- Aux. reverse lights
- TRD exhaust tip
- Raptor style grille lights
- Hella Black Magic aux lights

Engine/Trans

Anyways.

On to some pictures -

Here's how she sat when I bought her -

Also. The Front Bilsteins are are currently on a UPS truck somewhere in the Mid West. And I have 2 more bed rail hold downs in the mail as well.

I will try to update this thread when anything fun and/or exciting happen.

:beer:
Old 08-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
definately lookin foward to this thread, you VAG guys are all meticulous as hell, guessin this will be much of the same.

i too know a thing or two about VW's, my ex was all into them and stuff (lowered mk4 gti) and i went to countless shows. dub n' rub, waterfest, H20i (im going again this year)
Old 08-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
steveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

:beer: Thanks.

But this thread/build won't be anything near the intensity VW stuff is. I'm gonna go easy on this one since the MK2 is still my main focus.

What part of SEPA are you from? I have a TON of friends out there who are into Volkswagens.

We'll be at H2O in the GF's MK4 Jetta. This year will be my 7th year in a row now.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo27 View Post
:beer: Thanks.

But this thread/build won't be anything near the intensity VW stuff is. I'm gonna go easy on this one since the MK2 is still my main focus.

What part of SEPA are you from? I have a TON of friends out there who are into Volkswagens.

We'll be at H2O in the GF's MK4 Jetta. This year will be my 7th year in a row now.
valley forge/kop/phoenixville area

last year was my first year there, but I had a damn good time, definitely not gonna miss it this year
Old 08-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #5

Cool. I've got some friends in Allentown, Emmaus, and Philly
Old 08-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #7

Thanks. Heres a few more pics of it -

And heres how it currently sits -

Old 08-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #8

These showed up today :

Should be going on sometime this week :thumbup:

And in other news, after spending an assload of time, the engine bay in the Jetta is ready for for polyester spray filler.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:57 AM   #9
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
That car looks familiar, were you on Pittspeed?
Old 08-27-2013, 06:15 AM   #10

Yes, I was. I've been good friends with Nick (Starboy) for years.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #11
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
i was on there for a good while. Can't say i've been on there recently much though. i probably havent posted anything on there in well over a year.

This is what i had when i was on there, never should have sold this car.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:42 AM   #12

:thumbup:

I havent been on there in atleast 3 years now.

Cant say I remember that car. What part of PGH are you from?

Old 08-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #13
about 40 minutes or so north east of Pittsburgh, small town of Vandergrift
Old 08-27-2013, 06:56 AM   #14

Funny. I'm from Upper Burrell. Small world
Old 08-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #15

Finally got around to installing these -

Before -

From the ground to the fender its about 34 1/4"

During -

After -

From the ground to the fender its about 37" now.

I set them at 1.75" and they came up almost 3". I'm hoping they settle out a little bit. If not. no biggy.

I don't have any good pics since it was dark when i finished the instal.

I'm really impressed with the ride quality of the 5100s.

I need to order the rear add a leafs now that I have the fronts sorted out.

ALso, I'll snap some better pictures in the daylight when I get a chance

Old 09-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #16

The 5100s have been on the fronts for a few days now.

I love em.

The front end feels so much tighter now. Doing 75mph on the highway is no longer scary. It doesn't feel like its going to roll over any more.

I'm super happy I went with these over those stupid spring spacers.

Anyways, I ordered the rear springs today. I ended up going with the Wheelers progressive 3 leaf add-a-leaf. Eventually I plan on replacing the rear shocks with 5100s as well.

And in other news, the engine bay in the Jetta finally got primered this weekend.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #17
B4nn3d
jetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant future

Name: Aren
jetta.the.hut's Tacoma Gallery
you suck GTFO,Newb!

lol,I would have never thought i'd see you on another forum, how have you been? I was searching wheelers and this thread popped up. Jetta looks good man, mine was sold,gutted and auto-x rebuilt by a guy up in boone.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #18

Woah!

Im good. Whats goin on? :beer:
Old 09-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #19
B4nn3d
jetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant future

Name: Aren
jetta.the.hut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo27 View Post
Woah!

Im good. Whats goin on? :beer:
Not much dude got my tacoma in June, getting ready to put a old man emu lift kit on mine. So what's going back in jetta, didn't you have a VR6 in it? I miss mine and wish I could have drove it with the built 16v. If I ever get another ne I'm doing ITB's.

Your truck looks good, is it a prerunner trd or 4x4?
Old 09-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #20

:thumbup:

Its getting another 12v for the time being. I havent driven mine in 2 years. I miss it.