I bought a 2013 Double Cab Short Bed TRD Off-Road 4x4 in Pyrite Mica, Paid $32,995.54 OTD Purchased August 11th, 2013 (1st time I've ever had 4 wheel drive before)
UPDATED as of 3-09-14
Wheels & Tires:
- 16" FJ Trail Teams Edition Wheels
- 265/75r16 Hankook Dynapro ATM P-Rated (Purchase 8/31/13 @ 1300ish Miles)
- aFe Drop-In Pro Dry S Air Filter
- Mobil1 5w30 Synthetic Motor Oil (Switched over @ 8,471 Miles)
- Mobil1 75w90 Synthetic Gear Oil w/ LS Front & Rear Differential + Xfer Case (Done @ 8,560 Miles)
- Gibson SS Cat-Back Exhaust 2.5" (Part# 618811) Installed 2-12-14
- ADD W1 Polished Aluminum Catch Can (Ordered)
- King Extended Travel 2.5" Coil-Over w/ Remote Reservoir 650# Coils set @ stock height (Installed 11-27-13 @ 6,400 Miles)
- Fox FJ Cruiser Piggyback Rear Shocks (Part #980-02-417-A)
- Total Chaos Upper Control Arms (Installed 11-27-13 @ 6,400 Miles)
- Icon 3-Leaf AAL 1.5" (Installed 12-1-13 @ 6,800 Miles)
- Sway-Bar Relocate
- Wheeler's Off-Road Super Bumps Front (Installed 3-9-14)
- Wheeler's Off-Road Super Bump Kit Rear (Installed 3-9-14)
- Debadged Tailgate
- BSP X-Runner "Tacoma" Emblems on Doors
- Devil Horns in Gun Metal Black
- Color Matched Grille in Pyrite Mica
- Removed Front Mud Flaps (11/6/13)
- Rear-Differential Breather Mod (Done @ 8,600 Miles)
- TrailHead Tire De-flator 20-40 PSI (Blue)
- "ImMrYo" Rear-View Mirror Bracket
- Pelfreybilt Hybrid Sliders (Installed 11-13-13)
- Pelfreybilt IFS Skid (Sprayed w/ Rust-oleum Hammered Finish)
Future Plans to Help keep track of my obsession
- Bully Dog GT T+ (Once it's available for N/A 13' V6)
- Doug Thorley Short Tube Headers
- TRD Supercharger w/ URD "Stealth" Pulley and Fuel Pump Upgrade (I miss it from my 2011)
- Pelfreybilt T-Case Skid/Mid Skid
- Pelfreybilt Front Bumper Single Hoop
- All-Pro Off-Road Rear Bumper w/ Wrap Arounds
- King Rear RR Shocks w/ Compression Adjuster
- OME Dakar Leaf Springs 2.75" Lift
- OEM Roof Rack
- Front Window Tint 25%
- Viper Alarm
- Weather Tech DigitalFit Floor Mats in Black
- Wet Okole in Light Grey w/ Custom Logo Front/Back
- FX-R Stage 3 Retrofit Projectors (Orbit Shrouds) w/ LED Angel Eyes in White
- Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx in 255/85/r16
- Garmin Oregon 600 GPS
- ARB on-board Air Compressor CKMA12
*2011 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4x2*
2011 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5 in Black, purchased July, 4th weekend in 2011.
Anyways here is a couple pics of my 2011 Tacoma. She was supercharged so its alittle depressing without it now......Had 18" XD Monsters w/ 285/65r18 BFG AT at first then switched to XD Hoss 16" w/ 265/75r16 Toyo Open Countries ATII.
Installing "Total Chaos" UCA's
XD Hoss 16" w/ Toyo Open Country ATII. Bilstein 5100's set @ 2.5" and Factory TSB in rear.
*2013 4x4 Tacoma TRD Off-Road*
Now here are some pics at the dealer before purchase. This first one is me and her for this first time!
First thing I did was debadge it. (I put X-Runner BSP Emblems on doors, I can't make up my mind on badges or....no badges)
This was my first trip using 4x4, never been before so it was an adventure. I ended up going to Indian Truck Trail in Corona, took that all the way to the Main Divide through Maple Spring Truck Trail and out onto Silverado Canyon Road. YAY for not knowing where the F*** you are going
Sadly no pics after...she was waaaaaaay dirty. Still have new plates from dealer hehe
Eibachs for 1.6" Lift (Removed, Install King 2.5" RR CO's see down page)
Bilstein 5100's (Removed for King's)
Got my Borla muffler in the mail today (10-24-13) Removed and went with stock, It feels much stronger and smoother with stock muffler. Plus the sound was getting to me.
Got my Eibach's Installed w/ 5100's set @ 0"
Took a trip to Ocotillo to test out my new shocks!
Took a Picture of the MAP just in case we got lost, although it was pretty obvious where you were once you got driving.
Shortly after these 2 pictures below we had to bail, some dark clouds were approaching. On the way back we headed towards Julian to grab a pie! Well we hit a crazy rain cloud had to use full speed on my wipers it was pretty intense. Glad I had 4x4 for this situation too...I didnt snap any pictures of the rain obviously too dangerous.
Ordered a set of FJ TT Wheels from a local dealer, got super lucky. Going to mount to 265/75r16 Hankook Dynapro ATM which look awesome might I add. And here they are ! (EDIT: Been driving on these wheels + Tires for a couple thousand miles now, I must say they are wearing evenly and perform great on-road. Will have to see off-road performance in the next couple of weeks).
Just got back from Discout Tire w/ my new shoes! Had the old ones in the back still. (8/31/13 Purchased. Installed September 1st w/ around 1,500 miles)
BSP Door Emblems on...again.
Corona Shopping Outlet
In for my first service @ the dealer (11-2-13)
Just picked up my truck from Pelfreybilt w/ new sliders! (Installed 11-13-13)
Close-up (These things are beefy and look great)
Took another trip out to Indian Truck Trail, this time w/ some new tread and suspension. (I'll have to go again in about a month when I have my Kings/Fox set-up!!)
Installed King 2.5" Coil-overs up front (Stock setting) w/ Total Chaos UCA. In the rear Fox FJ Piggybacks. (Installed 11-27-13 @ TheSDTruckShop)
Front Set-up. King's lifted me higher then I expected, I hope they settle a bit.
Rear (Still need to get Icon 3 Leaf AAL)
Side Picture (Need rear lift!!!)
Play'n out in Ocotillo Thanksgiving weekend
Anderson Truck Trail ( ATT for you Mountain Bikers!)
Added Andres Devil Horns in Gun Metal Black (In Blaire Valley)
Rear Breather Mod done, routed to bed storage.
At the Breather.
At the Differential
While doing all that also changed Front/Rear Differential and Transfer Case to 75w90 Mobil1 Synthetic and greased drive-shaft w/ Mobil1
Random Picture at Blaire Valley
Removed King's to replace 700# Springs w/ 650# (I was actually sent the wrong springs).
Installed Gibson Stainless Steel Exhaust 2-12-14. By far my favorite exhaust, has little to no drone and a great rumble. Also noticed some increase in performance, the other exhausts felt "laggy" and seemed like it robbed me of torque. I would highly recommend this set-up. (For reference the AFE exhaust was annoyingly loud and seemed "sluggish", same goes with the Borla Pro XS muffler I had previously with stock piping).
Sway-Bar relocated (To my garage!) No noticeable difference on-road.
Day trip to Ocotillo, this picture is on Arroyo Salado
Installed on truck
Wheeler's Off-Road Super Bumps Front and Rear installed March 9th 2014
Wheeler's Off-Road Super Bumps Front
Wheeler's Off-Road Super Bumps Rear
Sometime in the future I hope to add a (3rd Gen) 4Runner build to this , want another 4wd vehicle to share the mileage load for DD and play
Well thats all I got right now, I modded the shit out of my other truck so this wont be any different.
Hope you like my truck!! Let me know what you think!