I bought a 2013 Double Cab Short Bed TRD Off-Road 4x4 in Pyrite Mica, Paid $32,995.54 OTD Purchased August 11th, 2013 (1st time I've had a 4WD vehicle)
TacoRuthe's 13 TRD Off-Road 4x4 Pyrite Mica; Named: "TrailBreaker"
UPDATED as of 03-29-2015
Model:Tacoma TRD Off-Road Edition 4x4
Drive-train:4.0 V6 w/ 5AT
Color:Pyrite Mica (4T3)
Purchase Date:August 11th 2013
Unfortunately like most of us Tacoma owners trying to pay off their debt I just had to find Tacomaworld.com and spend all my money......The truck went from a means of transportation to a hobby! I'm going to be using this build page to also keep track of upgrades+ items I'm interested in, gotta love hobbies......
Wheels & Tires:
- 16" FJ Trail Teams Edition Wheels
- 285/75r16 General Grabber AT2 Load Range D (Installed 4-16-14 @ 15,600 miles)
- CMC done @ SD TruckShop
- Power Stop K137 Front Ceramic Brake Pad and Cross Drilled/Slotted Combo Rotor
- Crown Performance SS Extended Rear Brake Lines
- TRD Radiator Cap (PTR04-00000-03)
- Gibson SuperFlow SFT Stainless Steel Muffler w/ Tip in Stock Piping (Part # 788500S)
- ADD W1 Polished Aluminum Catch Can (Installed 3-15-14)
- ScanGauge II (Mounted this way)
- Crawford Performance Eco-Block MAF Spacer
- XTP Intake Manifold Spacer in Black
- ECGS Front Differential Driver Side Bushing (Done @ 24,500 Miles)
- BeefedTaco 1 1/2" Carrier Bearing Drop Bracket
- Rear-Differential Breather Mod routed to bed storage (Done @ 8,600 Miles)
- 75w90 Valvoline Synpower Synthetic Gear Oil
- King Extended Travel 2.5" Coil-Over w/ Remote Reservoir 650# Coils set @ stock height (Driver side cranked 1/2 in), Extended: 21.687" Collapsed: 16.750" Travel Length: 4.937" (Installed 11-27-13 @ 6,400 Miles)
- Total Chaos Upper Control Arms (Installed 11-27-13 @ 6,400 Miles)
- DJ Safety Limit Straps (Installed 4-16-14 @ 15,600 Miles)
- Wheeler's Off-Road Super Bumps Front (Installed 3-9-14)
- Sway-Bar Removed
- All-Pro Standard 3" Leaf Pack
- All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit
- Fox Adj Reservoir FJ/Taco Rear Shock, 2.0 Body, 9.5" Travel w/ 40/80 Valving. (982-02-366-A) Installed @ 23,000 Miles.
- Wheeler's Off-Road Super Bump Kit Rear (Installed 3-9-14)
- FX-R Stage 3 Retrofit Projectors; Apollo Shrouds w/ LED Angel Eyes in White + BHLM
- LED DTRL in Amber (w/ Resistors)
- LED Vanity Lights in White
- LED Automatic Trans Shifter Lights in White
- LED Dome/Map Lights in White
- LED License Plate Lights in White
- ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Bracket
- Salex Center Console Organizer
- OEM TRD Off-Road Bedside Decals Black w/ Red Outline
- OEM 4x4 Mudflaps
- De-badged Doors & Tailgate
- Devil Horns in Gun Metal Black
- TRD Grille Emblem in Black
- Color Matched Grille in Pyrite Mica (4T3)
- Century Ultra Sport Shell with 50/50 Sliding Side Windows and Removable Sliding Back Window
- Tacoma Bed Mat (PT580-35050-SB)
- ATO Hi-Lift Bed Rail Mount (Sprayed w/ Rust-oleum Hammered Finish)
- Hi-Lift Jack 48" (Cast & Steel) w/ Handle-Keeper + Zip ties
- ARB ARB505 E-Z Deflator
- Viair 88P Portable Air Compressor (w/ 6' Extension Hose)
- Pelfreybilt Hybrid Sliders (Installed 11-13-13)
- Pelfreybilt IFS Skid (Sprayed w/ Rust-oleum Hammered Finish)
- All-In-One Keyless Entry Remote GQ43VT20T
- Garmin Nuvi 2597LMT
- Backcountry Navigation APP for Android
Red Highlights = Long Long way in the FUTURE
- Doug Thorley Short Tube Headers
- AEM 30-4110 Digital Wideband O2 Air/Fuel UEGO Gauge Kit
- TRD Supercharger w/ URD 2.85" Stealth Pulley
- URD Fuel Pump/Filter Kit w/ Walbro 255 LPH
- Airaid MXP Series CAI
- Bullet Proof Fab Cooling Panel w/ Tray
- Front Extended SS Brake Lines
- TRD Oil Cap
- NST Pulley Kit
- Pelfreybilt Aluminum IFS Skid Plate/Mid Skid
- Pelfreybilt Standard Rear Bumper
- Pelfreybilt Aluminum Front Bumper (1 Hoop)
- SCS SR8 Matte Dark Bronze Wheels 17x8.5 (x5)
- BFG Goodrich All Terrain TA KO2 285/70r17 (x5)
- King 3.0" I.D. Coil Spring (KingSPR3-14-650 OE) for damaged driver-side coil
- Total Chaos Bolt-On 2.0 Rear Bump Stop Kit (Fox Part# 48623F)
- Fox 2.0 Air Bump Stops
- Total Chaos 2" LT Kit w/ King Shocks (?)
- Pelfreybilt Rear Shock Relocate Kit (?)
- 12" King Smooth Bodies w/ Comp Adj. (?)
- Viper Alarm
- Husky Weatherbeater Floor Liners Front & Back
- Wet Okole Seat Covers Black/Grey w/ Half Piping and Lumbar Support
- TCMA-0515 V2W LED Console Lighting (Green/White/Green)
- 3VP-RS LED Console/Glove Box Lighting
- Morimoto XB LED Fog Lights (Type T)
- Color Matched Side Mirror w/ Turn Signals
- Color Matched TRD Sport Hood
- Redline Tuning Hood Struts
- RotopaX Toyota Truck Plate Mount for Bedrails (RX-TN)
- RotopaX Mounting Bracket Extension
- (2) 2 Gallon RotopaX Gas w/ Lox Mount
2011 Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5 4x2
2011 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5 in Black (202), purchased July 6th, 2011.
Anyways here is a couple pics of my 2011 Tacoma. She was supercharged so its alittle depressing without it now......Had 18" XD Monsters w/ LT285/65r18 BFG AT at first then switched to XD Hoss 16" w/ P265/75r16 Toyo Open Countries ATII.
Installing "Total Chaos" UCA's
XD Hoss 16" w/ Toyo Open Country ATII. Bilstein 5100's set @ 2.5" and Factory TSB in rear.
TRD Supercharger (Dearly missed)
2013 4x4 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Now here are some pics at the dealer before purchase. The first picture together......
First thing I did was debadge it. (I put X-Runner BSP Emblems on doors, I can't make up my mind on badges or....no badges)
This was my first trip using 4x4, never been before so it was an adventure. I ended up going to Indian Truck Trail in Corona, took that all the way to the Main Divide through Maple Spring Truck Trail and out onto Silverado Canyon Road. YAY for not knowing where the F*** you are going.
Sadly no pics after...she was waaaaaaay dirty. Still have new plates from dealer hehe
Eibachs for 1.6" Lift (Removed, Install King 2.5" RR CO's see down page)
Bilstein 5100's (Removed for King's)
Got my Borla muffler in the mail today (10-24-13) Removed and went with stock, It feels much stronger and smoother with stock muffler. Plus the sound was getting to me. Curently using Gibson Muffler as of August, 2014.
Got my Eibach's Installed w/ 5100's set @ 0" (Great set-up, would have been perfect except I needed to spend more moneys)
Ordered a set of FJ TT Wheels from a local dealer, got super lucky. Going to mount to P265/75r16 Hankook Dynapro ATM which look awesome might I add. And here they are ! (EDIT: Been driving on these wheels + Tires for a couple thousand miles now, I must say they are wearing evenly and perform great on-road. UPDATE 3/31/14 Tires have been on for 12k + miles and perform and look great, if not for them being P-rated I'd keep em forever).
Just got back from Discout Tire w/ my new shoes! Had the old ones in the back still. (8/31/13 Purchased. Installed September 1st w/ around 1,500 miles)
BSP Door Emblems on...again (Off again...).
Corona Shopping Outlet
In for my first service @ the dealer (11-2-13)
Just picked up my truck from Pelfreybilt w/ new sliders! (Installed 11-13-13)
Close-up (Quality work; will be buying from Pelfrey again)
Installed King 2.5" Coil-overs up front (Stock setting w/ driver side cranked up 3 extra threads) w/ Total Chaos UCA. In the rear Fox FJ Piggybacks. (Installed 11-27-13 @ TheSDTruckShop)
Front Set-up. King's lifted me higher then I expected, I hope they settle a bit.
Rear (Still need to get Icon 3 Leaf AAL)
Side Picture (Need rear lift!!!)
Rear Breather Mod done, routed to bed storage.
At the Breather.
At the Differential
While doing all that also changed Front/Rear Differential and Transfer Case to 75w90 Mobil1 Synthetic and greased drive-shaft w/ Mobil1
Removed King's to replace 700# Springs w/ 650# (I was actually sent the wrong springs from KING).
Installed Gibson Stainless Steel Exhaust 2-12-14. By far my favorite exhaust, has little to no drone and a great rumble. Also noticed some increase in performance, the other exhausts felt "laggy" and seemed like it robbed me of torque. I would highly recommend this set-up. (For reference the AFE exhaust was annoyingly loud and seemed to rob too much "back pressure", same goes with the Borla Pro XS muffler I had previously with stock piping).
Sway-Bar relocated (To my garage!) No noticeable difference on-road.
Pelfreybilt Skid-plate (RAW!)
Installed on truck (Painted w/ Rustoleum "Hammered" Finish)
Wheeler's Off-Road Super Bumps Front and Rear installed March 9th 2014
Wheeler's Off-Road Super Bumps Front
Wheeler's Off-Road Super Bumps Rear
ADD W1 Oil Catch Can Installed. (After about 200 miles of driving had a decent amount of oil)
I used the bracket that came with the W1 can and drilled a bigger hole. I then used my spare skid plate bolt and bolted to an existing hole in the engine bay.
Installed General Grabber AT2 in 285/75r16 and Cab mount chop to clear off-road (Compliments of SDTruck Shop)
Cab Mount Chop done...
General Grabber AT2's installed
Installed DJ Safety Limit Straps
To prevent this.....
ARB ARB505 E-Z Deflator
ScanGauge II mounted on-top of steering column (Changed)
Blocked my view of signals.....New mounting location Thanks to Detective_Dan! (Mod Thread)
Decided to check transmission fluid because of this thread: Trans Fluid Low From Factory
It ended up being about 0.5 Quart low, shifts are smooth and doesn't seem to stick so bad changing gear from "Park" now.
Gibson sent me a replacement muffler, exhaust clamps didn't want to hold the 2nd time around so had to get it welded in @ Ed Hanson's Muffler Service.
@ the Tip
@ the Muffler
"TOYOTA" & "4 Wheel Drive" old school Tacoma decals in Flat Black (REMOVED March 28th, 2015)
Projector Install (FX-R Stage 3 Retrofit Projectors (Apollo Shrouds) w/ LED Angel Eyes in White & BHLM)
Burt installing them for me!
Apollo shrouds w/ FX-R's close up
TRD Off-Road Bedside Decals Black w/ Red Shadow
Passenger side finished....
Driver side done.....I love it looks much cleaner.
All-Pro Standard Leaf Pack, Fox Adjustable Reservoir FJ/Taco Rear Shock 2.0 , U-Bolt Flip Kit, Crown Rear Extended Brake Lines.
Fox Shocks for the booty...
All-Pro Standards 3" Lift
New Leafs! Thanks All-Pro
All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit
Rear Set-up Installed
Rear Fox Shocks 2.0 w/ Remote Resi Piggyback
Installed All-in-One Keyless Entry Remote GQ43VT20T from Ebay. Had HomeDepot cut the key (reluctantly), programmed the FOB using instructions found on this site, and used my TTS and OBD-II cable to program the immoblizer to the key. A lot easier to do than I expected, beats paying the dealer $100+ to do it.
TRD Radiator Cap
Installed Century Ultra Sport Topper w/ sliding side and rear windows.
50/50 Sliding Windows
Custom Bed Mattress made from some foam from work (Not Done)...
Custom pin striping courtesy of San Jacinto Mountains
eBay TRD Grille Emblem in Black
Salex Center Console Organizer
Crawford Performance "Eco-Block" MAF Spacer
XTP Intake Manifold Spacer (Black)
Power Slot Rotors
Record of OFF-ROADING Trips w/ both of my girls.
Random Trips (Most recent first):
Grand Cranyon Trip 12/14
Big Bear 11/14
Mount Laguna; Thing Valley Rd
Somewhere near Julian off the 67
Anderson Truck Trail ( ATT for you Mountain Bikers!)
Indian Truck Trail Trips (Most recent first):
This is what makes me happy....clearly....
OUCH! Custom pin stripping....
Took another trip out to Indian Truck Trail, this time w/ some new tread and suspension.
Picture of me in Corona doing "Santiago's Peak"
Ocotillo Wells Trips (Most recent first):
Canyon Sin Nombre
FX-R Projectors at the Desert
Look @ those KINGS baby....
The palm tree.....in the middle of no where
Split Mountain Rd.
Added Andres Devil Horns in Gun Metal Black (In Blaire Valley)
Random Picture at Blaire Valley
Took a trip to Ocotillo to test out my new shocks!
Took a Picture of the MAP just in case we got lost, although it was pretty obvious where you were once you got driving.
Shortly after these 2 pictures below we had to bail, some dark clouds were approaching. On the way back we headed towards Julian to grab a pie! Well we hit a crazy rain cloud had to use full speed on my wipers it was pretty intense. Glad I had 4x4 for this situation too...I didnt snap any pictures of the rain obviously too dangerous.
Well thats all I got right now, I modded the shit out of my other truck so this wont be any different.
Hope you like my truck!! Let me know what you think! The next paragraph is strictly for my own personal needs, trying to keep track of maintenance performed to the vehicle....
11/02/2013 - Toyota Care 5k Maintenance (Oil Change/Tire Rotation); 5,001 Miles
12/24/2013 - Oil Change Self Service (Switched to Mobil1 5w-30 Synthetic); 8,471 Miles
12/26/2013 - Front/Rear Diff + Xfer Case Fluid changed to 75w90 Mobil1 Synthetic; 8,560 Miles
12/27/2013 - Grease Drive-Shaft Rear 3 Zerks (Mobil1 Synthetic); 8,604 Miles
01/12/2014 - Grease Drive-Shaft Front 2 Zerks (Mobil1 Synthetic); 9,570 Miles
03/04/2014 - Oil Change Self Service; 12,800 Miles
05/10/2014 - Toyota Care 15k Maintenance (Oil Change/Tire Rotation); 16,957 Miles
06/28/2014 - Toyota Care 20k Maintenance + Engine Ping/Trans Slip concern (Oil Change/Tire Rotation); 19,117 Miles
08/09/2014 - Engine Pinging TSB Performed; 21,205 Miles
09/17/2014 - Lubegard ATF Protectant (RED) in Transmission; 23,600 Miles
09/20/2014 - Extended Rear Brake Lines installed, Brake Fluid bled/changed; 23,650 Miles
09/27/2014 - Oil Change Self Service (Switched to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w-30 Synthetic); 24,037 Miles
10/24/2014 - ECGS Bushing installed (Again! First seal leaked); 24,450 Miles
12/07/2014 - Clay and Wax
12/21/2014 - Oil Change Self Service (Switched back to Mobil 1 5w-30 Synthetic); 28,994 Miles
12/21/2014 - Change Spark Plugs to all Denso plugs: #K20HR-U11 (Toyota part #90919-01235);28,994 Miles
12/21/2014 - Throttle Body Cleaning; 28,994 Miles
12/24/2014 - Grease Drive-Shaft (5 Zerks); 29,212 Miles
01/25/2015 - Change Air Filter to Wix (Part# 46888); 32,815 Miles
02/01/2015 - BG44K Fuel System Treatment; 33,348 Miles
02/15/2015 - Oil Change Self Service; 34,394 Miles
02/24/2015 - Transmission Flush w/ Toyota WS; 35,040 Miles
02/24/2015 - Front End Alignment + TC UCA Bushing Replaced; 35,040 Miles
02/24/2015 - Changed Rotor/Pads: Power Stop K137 Front Ceramic Brake Pad and Cross Drilled/Slotted Combo Rotor; 35,040 Miles
02/26/2015 - Lubegard ATF Protectant (RED) in Transmission; 35,250 Miles
02/28/2015 - Add 1/2 Quart of Toyota WS ATF (Full); 35,301 Miles
02/28/2015 - Installed Intake Manifold Spacer; 35,301 Miles
03/11/2015 - Changed Engine Air Filter w/ DENSO OEM ; 36,300 Miles
04/10/2015 - Rear Diff + Xfer Case changed to 75w90 Valvoline Synpower Gear Oil; 38,535 Miles
04/11/2015 - Oil Change Self Service (Valvoline Synpower 5w30); 38,587 Miles
04/19/2015 - Front Diff changed to 75w90 Valvoline Synpower Gear Oil; 39,435 Miles
04/19/2015 - Grease Drive-Shaft (5 Zerks); 39,435 Miles