Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TaKoToy's Build/Pic thread!

Old 08-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Pretty good at drinkin beer!
TaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Rob
TaKoToy's Tacoma Gallery
TaKoToy's Build/Pic thread!

2013 TRD Off Road DCSB

Hows she looks currently!

List of Mods

Suspension

- Billstein 5100 Front and rear shocks
- Toytec coilovers
- Toytec AAL
- Light racing UCA
- Diff Breather relocate

Exterior
- BHLM
- Bug Deflector (I was hoping this would help with rocks. I have 4 large windshield chips 4 months after I bought the truck)
- TRD Cat-Back Exhaust
- Black Derped the grill (KILL the Chrome) Need to get the rear bumper next
- Vent visors
- Added some tie down points in the front of the bed for my rod rack
- Hose clamped the tail gate on to keep my rear view camera a little longer.
- Class 3 tow hitch
- Jumper LED reverse lights

Interior
- Cheapo Mossy Oak seat covers and floor mats
- Green LED dome/map light from jumperleds on here

Armor
- BAMF Weld-on Sliders

Stereo
- JBL 1000 watt 5 channel amp using factory touch screen as signal source.
- Polk Audio Separates
- Two 10 inch Polk Audio Subs in a ported box (need to custom build one when I get the time)

Rims/tires
- Stock TRD Off Road Wheels
- 255/85 BFG MT KM2's

Future Mods

- Full leaf springs in rear
- Pro Comp Wheels 315s CMC and trim wheel wells/fender flares
- Regear
- All Pro 3 hoop front bumper
- Win the lotto!

Coilovers and UCA's

Catback/rearend

Rear billies AAL ubolts and 3 degree shims (maybe a very slight vibe at 20mph but cant notice it at all since I put the MT's on)

Front end
Old 08-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Nice clean truck! Post up some more pictures of those 255's...

Matt
Old 08-31-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man! Great looking lift too!
Old 11-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
Hawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Hawaiian05's Tacoma Gallery
Bra your truck is clean! I sometimes contemplate trading my 1st gen double cab in for the exact configuration you got- this is why! Yours stick or auto?
Good job!
Aloha
Old 11-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
TaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to behold

TaKoToy's Tacoma Gallery
Its an Auto. I really need to update this. I got the stereo done. Also just got back from a hunting trip in the mountains and really got the chance to beat it up a little bit!!!

Thanks man!
Old 11-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #8

TaKoToy's Tacoma Gallery
Damn....just realized I didnt get any pics of the truck in the mountains. I did get a decent one a few months back at Rapidan WMA.
Attached Thumbnails
TaKoToy's Build/Pic thread!-gunroad.jpg   TaKoToy's Build/Pic thread!-mtns.jpg  
Old 11-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #9

TaKoToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNome View Post
So far so good... keep it clean, the build that is, mud and dirt happen! Any issues with rubbing? 255/85 r16 is what I would like to go with next.
No rubbing at all with the flaps off. Very slight rub with them on.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #10

TaKoToy's Tacoma Gallery
Derped the grill. Not exactly what I wanted but its better than the chrome. Im going to do a satoshi when Homertaco starts making the kits. Im thinking of ordering a colormatch surround as well. Too many shades of black/grey going on up in front. A new bumber and BHLM is coming soon! Got a few pics from the last trip up the mountain!
Attached Thumbnails
TaKoToy's Build/Pic thread!-mnttrk.jpg   TaKoToy's Build/Pic thread!-mtntrail.jpg  
Old 02-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #11

TaKoToy's Tacoma Gallery
Sliders that have been in the garage since before hunting season finally found thier home!
Attached Thumbnails
TaKoToy's Build/Pic thread!-sliders.jpg  
Old 04-08-2014, 06:55 PM   #12
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck!

What are your coilovers set at? Those 255s look perfect.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #13

TaKoToy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!
I never changed em from toytec. I could get another 1/2 inch of lift out of em but really dont need it. I wont mess with them until I put a bumper/winch on.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #14

TaKoToy's Tacoma Gallery
More Recent mods.

Painting sliders.

Painting for BHLM

Old 05-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #15

TaKoToy's Tacoma Gallery
Newer Pics

Old 05-18-2014, 11:05 PM   #16

TaKoToy's Tacoma Gallery
Added a LC6 under the passenger seat today. Made a huge difference in sound quality and got rid of my terrible amp THUMP turn off. The JBL amp has speaker level inputs but this thing really made the head unit sound a lot better.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LC6I...LC6i-Gray.html
Old 07-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #17

TaKoToy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-24-2014, 03:08 PM   #18

TaKoToy's Tacoma Gallery
Finished the Grill right before the rain. Thanks Homer!!!!