Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The Bullaculla Build (pic heavy)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
The Bullaculla Build (pic heavy)

Welcome to my build thread!
2013 Toyota double cab Tacoma TRD off road 4x4 with JBL touch screen navigation, heavy duty vinyl flooring, and tow package in magnetic grey metallic from Windward Servco Toyota.

How she sits currently:

For recent updates, go to last post.

Mods!
Suspension:
Fox 2.5 extended travel front coilovers
Fox 2.0 extended travel piggy back rear shocks
Total Chaos upper control arms
ICON 3 leaf progressive mini AAL pack
Wheelers superbumps
All Pro U bolt flip
Lifted 2.5" up front and 2" in the rear

Wheels and Tires:
16"x8" Konig Countersteer Offroad wheels in graphite gunmetal
265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs load C

Armor:
Pelfreybilt front plate with full hoops, 20" LED bar cutout, Rigid dually fogs
Pelfreybilt rear standard with hidden hitch and Rigid SR-MF reverse light cutouts
Pelfreybilt IFS and mid skid plates
Beefed Taco custom slider steps

Interior:
LED interior lights from csjumper2003
Mirror relocation bracket from ImMrYo
Armrest cover from Blueinstinct

Exterior:
BHLM
Color matched grille surround
Debadged tailgate
Bushwacker pocket flares
OEM roof rack
OEM bed mat
Softopper
Proven Design Products custom "4x4" rear mudflaps
under body and bed led strips tapped into dome

Recovery:
Warn M8000s
4x 3/4" D-ring shackles
30' snatch strap
17,500 lb snatch block
10' round sling strap
SOG entrenching tool

How it all began:
Received October 2012.

Toyota OEM running boards and trimmed front mud flaps.

November 2012, Heard stories of tailgates disappearing! so I did the hose clamp mod. I wrapped mine with a piece of heat shrink to avoid scratches.

Coin holder from ebay installed with 3M mounting tape.

December 2012, Wet okoles installed. Black and charcoal with half piping.

March 2013, Fox mid travel kit from down south motorsports. Fox extended coilover no resi, TC upper control arms, Fox extended travel FJ shock, ICON 3 leaf mini pack. Did all the installation myself just a few weeks out of my second back surgery

April 2013, worked up enough courage to bake my headlights! BHLM always looks good. Color matched my grille surround at the same time using Duplicolor perfect match. My advice is to sell the chrome and buy an already painted one.

I referred a friend to my salesman and he gave me a new bed mat! I was hoping for cash, but i'll take it!
Keeps the doggies from sliding around.

Realized TW member TXnovice is an old friend, so we met up for some off road fun at Kaena point.
Mid travel flex

Got some konig countersteer 16” gunmetal wheels from JdMeF9SiR2
Great wheels, and a great guy to buy from. Highly recommended!

Color matched the hubcaps

Got them wrapped with some Goodyear Duratracs load C in 265/75/16.

Love the look and stance!

Finally got it tinted! Als tinting in Pearl City is the best! Also got a set of roof racks from my dealer. Repping the valley isle

Ordered some sliders from Beefed taco so I sold the OEM steps... a little too early. I miss my steps

Arm rest cover by Blueinstinct

Somewhere along the way, I also installed a rear view mirror riser from ImMrYo ,and LED interior lights and reverse lights from csjumper2003
Both are highly recommended!

August 2013, received my order from Tyler of pelfreybilt off road. Great person to deal with. Had a little mix up in shipping, but it was quickly resolved to make both sides happy

2012+ front plate bumper with center hoop, 20" rigid LED cutout, Rigid dually fog light cutouts. Rear standard plate bumper with hidden hitch and Rigid SR-MF reverse light cutouts, IFS skid plate, All powder coated. Mid skid on the way.

Long post, so please don't quote!
Old 09-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pelfreybilt produces some nice quality furniture

Using a chainfall to install bumper.

My little helper

Bushwackers are on!

nice and flush!

9/24/13
Got the Pelfreybilt mid skid installed. Looks great!
Old 09-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
IKA fabrications

Thanks! She has come a long way!
Old 09-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
TuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TuffRuffDangerous's Tacoma Gallery
Badass truck!

Been to Kaena Point once, but only as far as the last parking lot.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, very nice. Did you add any lift with the coilovers or did you just put them on? It looks sick.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
IKA fabrications

Thanks everybody! I didn't realize how much I have done to the truck until I decided to do a build thread. I am sure i'm missing a few things too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRuffDangerous View Post
Badass truck!

Been to Kaena Point once, but only as far as the last parking lot.
Kaena point is a lot of fun. We are very limited in places to legally off road here on Oahu. There are more off roading pics in my gallery, including a trip to Peacock flats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Damn, very nice. Did you add any lift with the coilovers or did you just put them on? It looks sick.
The coilovers are sitting at just over 2.5" I'll add my ride height to my OP.
Thanks!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Great build!
Old 09-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
About time.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #12
IKA fabrications

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
About time.
Sure is! At least I didn't make one on accident
Still jelly of your softopper and famous skids tho. Mod bug bit me a little too late and I missed out on that one
Old 09-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #14
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Hospital Corpsman
Name: Topher
FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Your rig has come along ways and is one great looking rig!
Old 09-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #15
IKA fabrications

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Are you selling the bed rail T slot nuts ?
Sure, i will be making some tomorrow actually. how many and what size slotted screws will you be putting into them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF View Post
Your rig has come along ways and is one great looking rig!
Thanks Topher! Yours has come a long way too. I'm sure it'll go much further when you get back to the mainland. I dont even want to think about how much money I spent just on shipping all that!
Thankfully there is amazon prime
Old 09-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #16
IKA fabrications

Got my Warn M8000s in today!
Will have to wait until the weekend to install tho. Bumper has to come off again
Old 09-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #17
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Where's the synthetic line?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #18
IKA fabrications

The red and black stuff in the bag behind the winch
Old 09-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #19
Backdoor Commentator

I thought that was copper.

If you're planning for mud or sand, a set of those slick anchors would be perfect. I can't remember the brand, but they look like a pair of shovels with an 80° bend in the "handles", and all for $400 or so. I'll bet you could do at least as well for far less money.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #20
IKA fabrications

Yeah, sand anchor would be nice. Its really the only time I'd get stuck alone anyway.
Not many sturdy trees at the beach!

Products Discussed in this Thread