Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Mademan925's 2014 Bay Area Mall Crawler Build

View Poll Results: Do you like my ride/build?
Thumbs up 310 96.27%
Thumbs down 12 3.73%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #41
Kenyon is on a distinguished road
Name: Jesse
Kenyon's Tacoma Gallery
Nice rig bud. If you dont mind me asking, how much did the dealer get ya for the trade in? Ive got a DCLB sport and been iching for the DCSB offroad.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #42
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenyon View Post
Nice rig bud. If you dont mind me asking, how much did the dealer get ya for the trade in? Ive got a DCLB sport and been iching for the DCSB offroad.
I put it back to stock. I got $23,000 for my 2012 prerunner trd sport DCLB with 20,000 miles on it. I bought it with 4,000 miles for $26,000
Old 09-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #43
Echodawg is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Echodawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
what did you get?
2014 dcsb trd off road. I was specific about what I wanted and they couldn't find any around the area.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:15 AM   #44
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How she sits right now. Just got the lift. Toytec coils, 5100s, 5160s, dakar leaf pack, ubolt flip kit.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:18 AM   #45
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Looks amazing man! How does it ride? Take it offroad yet?
Old 09-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #46
Senor Taco

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauncho View Post
Looks amazing man! How does it ride? Take it offroad yet?

Thanks. It rides like stock or better on the road. I found a dirt trail in the marsh by where I work but there wasnt anything bumpy. I'll take the truck out to a small off road park by my house sunday and test it out. Im hopefully getting my sliders welded on today to.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #47
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks. It rides like stock or better on the road. I found a dirt trail in the marsh by where I work but there wasnt anything bumpy. I'll take the truck out to a small off road park by my house sunday and test it out. Im hopefully getting my sliders welded on today to.
sweet! can't wait to hear about it. Do you know if the dakars improve the towing capacity at all?
Old 09-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #48
Senor Taco

Quote:
sweet! can't wait to hear about it. Do you know if the dakars improve the towing capacity at all?

They should. I went from 3 leafs to 7 on each side.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #49

Quote:
They should. I went from 3 leafs to 7 on each side.
actually, I started some searching on this and it looks like they just barely maintain existing stock towing capacity. Still don't know if that's with stock shocks or not.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #50
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Dakars

Quote:
actually, I started some searching on this and it looks like they just barely maintain existing stock towing capacity. Still don't know if that's with stock shocks or not.
Terminology is everything. You're truck will only be able to tow up to the max recommended trailer and tongue weights, simply because the frame, hitch, drive train, and braking systems are the same. So, no additional towing capacity.

However, the Dakars are designed for expedition over-landing. They will take A LOT of weight in the bed of the truck for extended periods of time while off road. All your water, fuel, camping gear, bikes, tents, etc., no problem.

I hauled 1000lbs of sand in the bed back to my house for my sons sandbox. The springs settled in for the ride about 1/2" - 3/4", and the truck handled like a dream.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #51
Senor Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Terminology is everything. You're truck will only be able to tow up to the max recommended trailer and tongue weights, simply because the frame, hitch, drive train, and braking systems are the same. So, no additional towing capacity.

However, the Dakars are designed for expedition over-landing. They will take A LOT of weight in the bed of the truck for extended periods of time while off road. All your water, fuel, camping gear, bikes, tents, etc., no problem.

I hauled 1000lbs of sand in the bed back to my house for my sons sandbox. The springs settled in for the ride about 1/2" - 3/4", and the truck handled like a dream.
Good to know. I dont tow much but I do fill up my bed alot.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #52
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good to know. I dont tow much but I do fill up my bed alot.
If you haven't already, consider picking up a set of extended bumps from Wheelers. At least if you grossly overload the springs they wont get into negative arch and potentially get damaged.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. Makes a lot of sense, thanks for clarifying!
Old 09-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #54
Peter22124 is on a distinguished road
Peter22124's Tacoma Gallery
2014 lift kit

I just bought a 2014 DC Off Road, where can I order a lift kit? Pro Com doesn't carry it yet.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #55
Senor Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter22124 View Post
I just bought a 2014 DC Off Road, where can I order a lift kit? Pro Com doesn't carry it yet.
This is my second build so i knew what I wanted. Toytec has great stuff. With a lift you get what you pay for. Please dont put blocks and spacers on a new 2014 double cab offroad. If you have any questions their customer service is great.

This is the kit I got but I upgraded to the 5160's in the back and the dakar complete leaf pack. Its still a good kit with 5100s and a add a leaf (basic kit).
http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ers_p_364.html

This is a cheaper lift some people choose to do. Its a good kit.
http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ons_p_233.html

If you want something for just offroading this is probably the most popular kit on tacoma world for offroading.

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...kit_p_231.html
Good luck and start a build page. I'll follow your build.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #56
WillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

WillRunner05's Tacoma Gallery
Your Truck looks great!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:49 AM   #57
Senor Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillRunner05 View Post
Your Truck looks great!

Thanks
Old 10-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #58
Senor Taco

Got the rock sliders welded on. My wife thinks they are steps.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #59
Jimmy Bachar is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Vehicle Mechanic
Name: Jimmy
Jimmy Bachar's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like the 5160s
Old 10-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #60
Senor Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Bachar View Post
How do you like the 5160s
There nice. They definitly slow the recoil of the dakar leaf pack down. The truck feels as smooth or smoother than the stock ride with a 3 inch lift. So Im happy.

Products Discussed in this Thread