Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Viorent Grip's 2013 SEMA Tacoma build

Old 09-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #41
Viorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
Viorent Grip's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone, the pressure is really on now. But I've got all the parts, except for a few things that are waiting to be shipped. Just need to begin installing with the exception of a couple parts that need to have brackets and mounts fabricated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Would like to see some detailed install shots of the Front Bumper. Do you cut the bumper and use it as a spacer to fill in below the lights and grill?
I did research on this and from all accounts, it does appear that you do need to cut the front bumper. The bit of the top portion that's left will have to serve as a filler. I ended up buying a replacement bumper cover on RockAuto.com to hack up (Only $38!). They come in that matte black finish so it will actually blend quite nicely with the ARB bumper. Here's the downside, shipping was $108 since it's an dimensionally oversized item.

My Superwinch Tiger Shark 11500 will be showing up later next week so I'll throw everything on then. I'll take some detailed photos as it goes along.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #42
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viorent Grip View Post
Thanks everyone, the pressure is really on now. But I've got all the parts, except for a few things that are waiting to be shipped. Just need to begin installing with the exception of a couple parts that need to have brackets and mounts fabricated.

I did research on this and from all accounts, it does appear that you do need to cut the front bumper. The bit of the top portion that's left will have to serve as a filler. I ended up buying a replacement bumper cover on RockAuto.com to hack up (Only $38!). They come in that matte black finish so it will actually blend quite nicely with the ARB bumper. Here's the downside, shipping was $108 since it's an dimensionally oversized item.

My Superwinch Tiger Shark 11500 will be showing up later next week so I'll throw everything on then. I'll take some detailed photos as it goes along.
I've seen other 12+ installs where the bumper filler was not used. I keep wondering how they do it.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #43
Viorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud ofViorent Grip has much to be proud of

Quote:
I've seen other 12+ installs where the bumper filler was not used. I keep wondering how they do it.
Interesting... You're talking specifically about 2012-2013 Tacomas? Or just the 2nd Gens in general? I suppose setting the main brackets back will push the bumper further inward, eliminating the gap, but it appears the tires could then hit the upper edges of the bumper. I'll play with it and see what I find.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #44
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see how I missed this,
Old 09-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #46
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
subbing..
Old 09-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #47
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:

Relocating the mounting holes. Not a how to, but it can't be that bad:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...kers-taco.html

Here is another one with some pics of a guy raising the ARB to fit his body lift. I'd imagine it would be a very similar process to make it fit without using part of the stock bumper as a filler.

http://www.yotatech.com/f2/arb-bumpe...ft-fix-210005/
Old 10-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Relocating the mounting holes. Not a how to, but it can't be that bad:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...kers-taco.html

Here is another one with some pics of a guy raising the ARB to fit his body lift. I'd imagine it would be a very similar process to make it fit without using part of the stock bumper as a filler.

http://www.yotatech.com/f2/arb-bumpe...ft-fix-210005/
Sweet! thanks for the info.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #50
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
ok so some how I managed to put the back spacers in the rail before install the rack and then got the spacers in to place and slowly got the bolts to screw in. Good luck. Cuz I know I needed it.
Attached Thumbnails
Viorent Grip's 2013 SEMA Tacoma build-bed-rack-bolts.jpg   Viorent Grip's 2013 SEMA Tacoma build-bed-rack.jpg  
Old 10-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodane View Post
ok so some how I managed to put the back spacers in the rail before install the rack and then got the spacers in to place and slowly got the bolts to screw in. Good luck. Cuz I know I needed it.
Nice! Glad to see it worked out for you. I'm going to replace mine with properly sized tamper proof torx. I'll figure out the length, let me know if you want to know the size as well.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #53
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice! Glad to see it worked out for you. I'm going to replace mine with properly sized tamper proof torx. I'll figure out the length, let me know if you want to know the size as well.
Ya let me know. Would rather have hardware that works than what is used for the rack itself
Old 10-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #54
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #55
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
When and where is the show? I live in Vegas and would love to see this rig in person.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #56
450rider is on a distinguished road
450rider's Tacoma Gallery
Sick and sub'd
Old 10-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
When and where is the show? I live in Vegas and would love to see this rig in person.
SEMA is going to be on November 5th through the 8th at the Las Vegas Convention Center. This is a trade show for the automotive aftermarket and performance industry. Normally you have to be within the industry to be able to obtain a pass. However, in the past I have seen them open the show up to the general public on the last day, and I am pretty sure outside exhibits are open to the public as well.

You should come by if you can.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #59
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
SEMA is going to be on November 5th through the 8th at the Las Vegas Convention Center. This is a trade show for the automotive aftermarket and performance industry. Normally you have to be within the industry to be able to obtain a pass. However, in the past I have seen them open the show up to the general public on the last day, and I am pretty sure outside exhibits are open to the public as well.

You should come by if you can.
Yea that's what I was thinking. I went last year with my father-in-law and his company. SEMA is a fun time if you are able to go. Met Clay and Scott from Expedition Overland along with seeing numerous badass cars.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
Yea that's what I was thinking. I went last year with my father-in-law and his company. SEMA is a fun time if you are able to go. Met Clay and Scott from Expedition Overland along with seeing numerous badass cars.
Sweet! Yeah, SEMA always has awesome cars. You should try to make it out again, it's always a good excuse to go to Vegas!