Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Flyboy's (Cam's) build

Old 10-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
Flyboy's (Cam's) build

Truck
Black 2008 Toyota Tacoma
Access cab
V6 4x4
TRD Rugged Trail edition

Mods on truck at time of purchase
3" Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit
Total Chaos UCA's
ATX Artillery's with Toyo Open Country A/T's
JBA Shorty Headers
Magnaflow Exhaust
Volant CAI w/Ram Air Skewp
Tinted Windows
Hurst Short Throw Shifter

Having bought a truck with so much done to it is great, it ultimately saved me a lot of money in mods I would inevitably have done on my own. That being said, these were someone else's mods (I'm grateful to have) but they aren't mine. It is incredibly important to make this truck become my own, and it is slowly getting to that point. It is already at the point where if the previous owner saw Mia, he wouldn't recognize her. (Other than the god awful exhaust tips which are getting chopped off this week when I finish the new rear bumper )

This is how she looked from the dealer more or less.

These are some staged shots I had a friend take because I still don't own a nice camera of my own. Although the new cellphone I got does take some nice pictures! Which is actually why I bought it... (I had the same Motorola Razor flip phone, which was the first I ever owned, for around 6 years, so I decided it was time to upgrade.)

I bought some (awesome) BAMF bolt on sliders during the 2012 Black Friday sale! (Recommend this product to everyone! So choice)

Then I built myself a plate bumper that I built from recycled metal off a construction site I worked on. Can't beat free.

build here

And my custom shift knob (from a Bell 206)

Which brings me to everything I've done since Mia rolled off the lot!
Homebuilt front plate bumper build here
BAMF bolt on sliders
Color match grille w/Grillcraft insert
Maxxima LED lights bolted to front bumper
Homemade shift knob
A/C wire mod
Fog light anytime mod
TRD Trail team edition FJ wheels w/Toyo Open Country M/t's (most expensive addition to truck since purchase but totally worth it!)

In the Works!!!
BHLM
Currently building a rear plate bumper w/tire carrier swingout
Will soon be building a bed rack
And much, much more to come!

Thanks For Looking!

Some local meet pictures.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
TACOlin is on a distinguished road

Name: Colin
TACOlin's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man keep it up. I'm hoping to get to modding mine more soon but it's a slow process as well haha. The front bumper looks dang good.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Bumper looks legit , good looking truck
Old 10-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It takes so long to accomplish some of the easiest (or so you would think) tasks! For example, I've been meaning to upgrade my wheels and tires for a couple years. Still haven't done it, but I think I know what I want, and have enough money set aside to finally do it, probably do it anyway... See what I mean?

Thanks for the kind words! Thanks for looking!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #5

TACOlin's Tacoma Gallery
Haha I definitely hear you there. It's not all about having the money, it's about pulling the trigger on the item too.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #6
Tail Striker

I just pulled the trigger... ordered some factory trd trail team wheels from the dealer I bought the truck at. super cheap! These aren't the replicas either... going to be putting some pizza cutter Toyo open county mt's on! my current wheel setup will be up for sale here really soon!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy.co2 View Post
I just pulled the trigger... ordered some factory trd trail team wheels from the dealer I bought the truck at. super cheap! These aren't the replicas either... going to be putting some pizza cutter Toyo open county mt's on! my current wheel setup will be up for sale here really soon!
Old 10-16-2013, 12:12 AM   #8
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
SUb'd for a legit build!!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 05:05 AM   #9

TACOlin's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah pulling the trigger is what gets me. And man those wheels are gonna look sweet on there. How much is "cheap"?
Old 10-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looking forward to seeing the new wheels and tires.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #11
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Its funny that all 3 of these trucks have plate bumpers now, all similar ones also lol. I was hoping to have you build me one but john sold his to me, to good of a deal to pass up. Are you going with 255/85/16s?
Old 10-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #12
urrutiadan32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
urrutiadan32's Tacoma Gallery
that shift knob is cool
Old 10-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #14
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post

Its funny that all 3 of these trucks have plate bumpers now, all similar ones also lol. I was hoping to have you build me one but john sold his to me, to good of a deal to pass up. Are you going with 255/85/16s?
He's going with the 255/85/16s Toyo MT's. I was talking to him on GTA V online last night about tires for a couple hours. lol
Old 10-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #15

Haha nice. I didnt know toyo MTs came in that size, i have only seen the M55s in that size by toyo
Old 10-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #16
Tail Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Nation View Post
Man sick bumper if you ever want to make some extra cash hmu and ill buy one!!!!!!
sweet man! I'll be in contact!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
He's going with the 255/85/16s Toyo MT's. I was talking to him on GTA V online last night about tires for a couple hours. lol
sorry... I'm easily excitable... especially when it comes to Tacomas...

and I would have taken advantage of that bumper too from John. pretty damn good deal!
Old 10-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #17
Tail Striker

Just picked these up! Holy smokes, they look so damn good! Even better in person! Now I just need to get myself some new tires!

Old 10-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #18
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy.co2 View Post
Just picked these up! Holy smokes, they look so damn good! Even better in person! Now I just need to get myself some new tires!

I love the look of those
Old 10-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #19
Tail Striker

My biggest pet peeve on my truck is having 5 spoked wheels, with 6 lugs... What the flying phuck? So now I won't be bothered by that anymore!
Old 10-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #20
Tail Striker

Ordered some tires! I'll hopefully have them within the week!