Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Broke College Kid Build

Old 10-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
TacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
TacoBurrito07's Tacoma Gallery
TacoBurrito's Build

For most Recent Mod, scroll to the end of this post.

This is my SWB Double Cab Short Bed 4x4 TRD Sport. Her name is Jennifer Lawrence (If you have seen the Xmen movies you would know why.)

Now that I have a few things to show I figured I'd start this thread to keep track of things. It isn't much yet but it's a start and there are many mods to come.

Odometer at Purchase: 59007
Current Odometer Reading: 82400

Mod List
Wheels/Tires
265/75/16 Toyo Open Country AT II C rated

Suspension
Stock (for now)

Performance
Xlerator Performance Mufflers (Came on the truck)
Throttle Body Spacer (Came on the Truck)

Armor
Avid Offroad Sliders W/Kickout

Interior/Electronics/Communications
Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Liners (Black)
DIY Aux Input for 2005-2008 Factory Head Unit
Shelberg Customs Shifter
Uniden 520xl Pro With 3 foot Firestik II
PA speaker
Internal CB radio speaker (being shipped)

Exterior
Rear Differential Breather Relocated to Gas Cap Area
Plasti-Dip Front Valence
De-Badged
De-Mud Flapped
Rattle Canned Hood Skewp Black
20% Tint
Famous Fabrication Tailgate CB Antenna Mount

Recovery
3''x30' Recovery Strap

Future Mods:

Up Next:
Full OME W/Dakars and 2885 coils
LR or Camburg Ball joint Uca's.

Ultimate Goal
Expo Rig
OEM Roof Rack (Whenever I find one cheap)
Full Relentless Skids
Front Bumper:Relentless Aluminum or Pelfreybilt or Brute Force Hybrid Bumper
Rear Bumper:Something with a tire swing out
Snorkel
Lockers

A short picture history

(3/14/13)

Just after Purchase next to my old ride:
Gunner the 4runner you will be missed

(4/13/13)
Stayed like that for about a month. But then Decided to Plasti-dip the Valence Black. Came out really nice I think.

April 2013 (not sure on the date)
Wanted to play my own music and was not going to fight with an FM transmitter so then came the DIY AUX Input in a 2005-2008 Factory Head Unit
I don't have a pic right now but we tapped a hole in the little change cubby to the right of the steering wheel and put the AUX input there.
It took a couple hours but it was totally worth it the cost ($4).

5/29/13
Avid Off Road Sliders W/Kick out.

(9/9/13)
Weathertech Floor Liners

(9/11/13)
Plasti-dipped Badges (Now Removed)

(1/6/14)
Shelberg Customs Shifter Knob

(1/10/14)
Uniden 520XL Pro W/3 Foot Firestik II and PA speaker

(1/14/14)
Got the PA Speaker hooked up. It is installed right behind the Driver's side fog light.

(1/21/14)
Famous Fabrication CB Antenna Mount

(9/6/14)
Debadged and Removed Mudflaps

11/15/14
265/75/16 Toyo Open Country AT II on TRD Off Road Wheels
Old 10-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
TacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Other Random Pictures

My roommates and I (I'd say the classiest room on campus)

First time in the snow

First wheeling experience in Tennessee and I discovered what mud is.

First time I really used the sliders

First Ever TW Meet

First Decent Sized TW meet

Old 10-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #3

Reserved 2
Old 10-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
450rider is on a distinguished road
450rider's Tacoma Gallery
On you future suspension set up, how come you don't want to go with eibach springs for the front instead of the OME since you are looking at the 5100 shocks? And nice build so far.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Broke college kid?.... That's stretching it I'd say.

Sweet rig though looks sweet!
Old 10-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450rider View Post
On you future suspension set up, how come you don't want to go with eibach springs for the front instead of the OME since you are looking at the 5100 shocks? And nice build so far.
Well nothing is set in stone yet obviously but from what I've heard Full OME rides much better. And also to get to 2.5"-3" with the eibach's I'd have to preload the 5100s to .85 and that is fine on the stock coils but I've heard its a pretty stiff ride with the Eibach's.

Again this is all just regurgitated information.
But thanks!
Old 10-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
Broke college kid?.... That's stretching it I'd say.

Sweet rig though looks sweet!
Well I pay for all of my living expenses and so now I have no money... That is why it is a "broke college kid" build.

And thank you!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #9

Update: Getting ready for the long haul back to AZ. My dad wanted me to have the truck checked before I head back. Took it to the local mechanic. I challenged him to find something wrong but he couldn't

Some more recent pics
Icicle mustache mod

Just a shot I liked

Old 01-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #10

CB setup is finally all here! Will hopefully have it all installed this week!

Old 01-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted7369 View Post
sweet ride man enjoy her.
Thanks man (and fellow SWB fan)! She's got a long way to go!
Old 01-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #13

Also just got my new Shelberg Customs Shifter! It looks amazing! Thanks Wes!

Old 01-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #14

Finally got my CB installed (still needs to be tuned). Unfortunately we spaced and had already put everything back together before we ran the PA wire so I will probably get to that next week. So anyways, Here we go:

Uniden 520xl Pro (only pic I have right now) with a 3 foot Firestik 2 and a homemade mount on the bed rail. The radio fits perfectly in the extra space in the center console. It is held in place by Industrial strength velcro. It is actually very sturdy.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:23 PM   #15
Goose
h.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Zack
h.zack801's Tacoma Gallery
This is a very clean build man, kudos to you. I been in the "no money for mods" slump lately but I'm sitting on the launching pad right now ready to start back up. It's a really great feeling.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.zack801 View Post
This is a very clean build man, kudos to you. I been in the "no money for mods" slump lately but I'm sitting on the launching pad right now ready to start back up. It's a really great feeling.
Thanks man! I appreciate it! She still has a long way to go! The problem is that once you do something you just want to keep doing more. I am out of money as well for the time being. Just saving and waiting for some OME rears and LR UCAs.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #17
Tuck91 is on a distinguished road

Tuck91's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck.

Only thing I would suggest doing is giving that undercarriage & frame a good cleaning.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck91 View Post
Sweet truck.

Only thing I would suggest doing is giving that undercarriage & frame a good cleaning.
Thanks!
Yeah well, I did clean it... It just so happened I decided to go camping 2 days later..
Old 01-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #19

Updated OP and Decluttered the thread a little bit. Have to sell my 5100's with 885s and Icon Progressive AAL (AAL pending sale).

5100s and 885s still available ($250)
Old 01-20-2014, 05:43 PM   #20
AsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant future

Name: Matt
AsphaltCowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good brotha