1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blackened Taco's build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Blackened Taco, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Jul 17, 2009 at 8:58 AM
    Blackened Taco

Blackened Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2005 AC 4WD TRD Sport Tacoma Speedway Blue
    3 inch suspension lift, 16 inch TRD FJ Cruiser black alloys, 33 X 12.5/16 Swamper Trxus M/T, Line-Xed Toyota skid plate, TRD exhaust, TRD cold air intake, Full tint to match factory tint, In channel wind deflectors, Custom wired hidden XM, Black shorty antenna, Black background headlights, Sockmonkey TRD decals, Kenwood 5120 HU with navigation, Boston Acoustic SL60 front compnonent speakers, SL65 rear speakers, Grillcraft lower mesh grille, Black badging, AromorTech Offroad rear bumper and rear shackle flip kit Access tonnosprt cover, 12 volt power adapter wired in under the dash for standard plug in items. Recently added Devil Horn Toyota Logo, Thanks Andres.
    Thanks Oakley, I think all of the black tones down the blue a little.

2. Jul 17, 2009 at 9:19 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    SWB represent.... Ay where did u get that TRD All terrain sticker at...??? That look tight...

3. Jul 17, 2009 at 11:43 AM
    Blackened Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    3 inch suspension lift, 16 inch TRD FJ Cruiser black alloys, 33 X 12.5/16 Swamper Trxus M/T, Line-Xed Toyota skid plate, TRD exhaust, TRD cold air intake, Full tint to match factory tint, In channel wind deflectors, Custom wired hidden XM, Black shorty antenna, Black background headlights, Sockmonkey TRD decals, Kenwood 5120 HU with navigation, Boston Acoustic SL60 front compnonent speakers, SL65 rear speakers, Grillcraft lower mesh grille, Black badging, AromorTech Offroad rear bumper and rear shackle flip kit Access tonnosprt cover, 12 volt power adapter wired in under the dash for standard plug in items. Recently added Devil Horn Toyota Logo, Thanks Andres.

SOCKMONKEY here on the forum ... look under the vendors on the home page on the left. Greg is DA man.

4. Jul 17, 2009 at 3:34 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    Good looking bro....

5. Jul 27, 2009 at 2:01 PM
    jacob_wood

jacob_wood Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Jose, CA (Nor-Cal)
    Vehicle:
    2010 SSM DCLB
    Sweeet ride definitely one of my favorite Speedway Blue trucks on here simple and elegant yet mean at the same time! What are the details on that lift you have?

6. Jul 28, 2009 at 10:31 PM
    Blackened Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:

Above the coil spacer on the front and an AAL on the rear, factory shocks, TSB not done. I am going to a 6" lift over the winter. After that almost all my focus will go into my 4Runner which I want to setup for a long travel suspension. Nothing fancy about my lift on the Taco. I actually bought off of Ebay for like 186.00 bucks and installed it at the shop one night.

Thanks for the props. Trying keep it as subtle as possible, yet capable.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Aug 15, 2009 at 12:04 PM
    TacomaTSP4

TacomaTSP4 Go Big or Go Home!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Nice build!

8. Aug 27, 2009 at 2:27 PM
    jonny

jonny Betty White Edition Heep ZJ

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    awesome set up!
    looks great man
    :thumbsup:

9. Aug 27, 2009 at 2:47 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Great looking truck bud! :thumbsup:

10. Aug 27, 2009 at 2:51 PM
    nad

nad mmmm tacos!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Sierra All Terrain
    love the wheels dude, this truck is exactly what toyota wants peoples modded trucks to look like covered in trd products :thumbsup:

11. Aug 27, 2009 at 8:08 PM
    Blackened Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Thanks man! I need to post new pics, doesn't look like that now, blacked out the emblems, grill, line-xed the skid plate, black TRD ALL TERRAIN decals, lower mesh grill, new speakers. Never ends man.

12. Aug 27, 2009 at 8:10 PM
    Blackened Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Likewise brother way to rep the Speedway Blue!

13. Aug 27, 2009 at 8:10 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Very nice! :cheers:

14. Aug 27, 2009 at 8:12 PM
    Blackened Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    The front end of your truck is SICK, definately one of the best if not THE best looking front ends on here. Good work man!

15. Aug 27, 2009 at 8:14 PM
    Incognito

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    BTW, where are you in Virginia?

16. Aug 27, 2009 at 8:20 PM
    Blackened Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:

Thanks man, I am trying be subtle yet capable. I do my best to rep the TRD products, especially since I work for Toyota. I get alot of questions when I go the main regional office for Toyota when I have training classes, about what I have done to my truck. A couple of execs took pics last time I was there. Very flattering, and yes it should come out of the box similar to what I have done, except, it needs to have the supercharger on it!

17. Aug 27, 2009 at 8:25 PM
    Blackened Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Colton, I saw you checked out the vid's on Rausch Creek also. You should have gone with us. I am in Manassas. Smithfield is a little ways away. Any trails around you worth checking out? Preciate the kind words man.

18. Aug 27, 2009 at 8:29 PM
    Incognito

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Yeah, sure did, and they were great. :)

I would have gone but I had school, which really messes up my schedule as far as meets/wheeling goes. :eek:

As far as trails around me, I really don't know of any legal ones around here. All the previous ones have either been closed up or vandalized. Sorry! :eek:

:)

19. Oct 18, 2010 at 7:54 PM
    Blackened Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Just added 33X12.5/16 Interco Swamper trxus to the truck replacing the previous, 285/70/16. No rubbing as of yet. Will post pics.

20. Dec 16, 2010 at 8:21 PM
    luk3

luk3 I <3 the mall

Member:
    First Name:
    luke
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Vehicle:
    stanky taco
    Camburg spindles, All Pro leaf pack
    sweet taco!

Products Discussed in