Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TripleThreat Tier3 Prerunner Build/Mods

Old 10-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
Location: Socal but I am still a Southern Florida guy at heart
TripleThreat's Tacoma Gallery
Post TripleThreat Tier3 Prerunner Build/Mods

Howdy Partners,
I am TripleThreat and here is my modifications to my truck.

-HID Headlights 10k H4 High & Low Flex Bi Xenon Digital Conversion Kit Headlight brand: Sportiva Mortors
-HIDs 10k BUMPER FOG LIGHTs Xenon Kit Bumper Headlight Brand Motor Energy Auto Parts Modded to run anytime

-Viper LED Daytime Running Lights with chrome finish
-Dual color matched midnight black Exhaust
-Badgeless prerunner
-Carbon Fiber Door Handles
-TRD (haha) Cup Holders
-Plasti Dip Hub Caps
-Custom Grill
-Custom LED dashboard gauge lights
-Carbon Fiber Oil Catch Can
-LED 3rd Brake Light Decal/Mod TRD style
-URD MAF Calibrator Proformance mod

-Custom cup holders for tailgating with the laidies
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aftermarket-...-/380437561305

-Hidden Antenna Kit

I will slowly add to this as I put together posts

Interior/Exterior completed:

Near Stock 2013 Toyota Tacoma

Heres the Interior and Exterior now

Interior

Back Seat:

Old 10-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #2
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cup Light Mod 2013 Toyota Tacoma

Tools:
-Solder tool
-red and black wiring
-a switch to turn them on and off
-Drill and drill bit matching the size of the LEDs
-Guts to do this to your cup holders

Used this to melt holes in the rubber cup holders

Drill and Drill bit

Drilled out and ready to go

Now to wire them up

One of my favorite mods which makes any clear cup from a restaurant into Gatorade!
Old 10-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #3

Post Cup Holder Mod

TRD BED cup holder
You get one from a marine store or ebay and then you find a place you like and drill some holes for the screws and your done. It took me 5 minutes.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #4

Post Bi Xenon Digital HIDs Headlight and Fog Light

Alright I went and ordered the kits for HIDs and it came with a cover above the headlight bulbs so they stay level with the bumper of the guy infront of me. It included wiring harness and when you take out the stock halogen bulbs you just install the HIDs and hook up the connectors to the stock connectors and it uses the stock halogen connectors as a signal wire to run on the lights. I modded the Fog lights to run anytime and installed them straight to my secondary fuse box for accessories. The hardest part was getting the new switch through the fire wall and and resealing it so I could drive though the water again and taking my dash apart to wire it up.

The Finished Project
Old 10-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #5

Post Blue Dashboard Gauges Mod

Ok so this mod took some time and you have to be careful not to destroy your micro board but it looks amazing.

Tools:
-Solder Tool
-Solder
-Micro LEDs for your micro board
-some skills to pay the bills... and not mess up your gauges

First you need to remove the face plate to the speedometer/dash

Now remove the screws and take out the speedometer/dash itself and remove the skin

Now use your layout and plan which LEDs your going to switch out

Heres what it looks like without a speedometer/dash

Heres all the different pieces

First Blue LED installed (Any color you want)

Heres my layout so I know which LED has been switched out and soldered

My side by side

Only took me 1 hour

The Finished Product

Old 10-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #6

Post Oil Catch Can mod

Heres my Oil Catch Can install

I used 3/8 Fuel Line and a Carbon Fiber Oil Catch can

Check out my install and maintence Set up I can look on my laptop for step by step instructions and play some tunes!

That is the PCV valve

Heres the hose clamps for the tube I like blue so I got blue 3/8 fuel line

Installing this baby in the truck

Installed on and has been keeping my engine clean for 6 months now

This is what it has collected at 2000 miles

Old 10-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #7
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Not a huge fan of cosmetic mods on Tacomas but wow your truck is super clean! And man you have a set of brass nuts to take your dash apart like that. What kind of grill are you running?
Old 10-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco06 View Post
What kind of grill are you running?
GrillCraft TOY-1951-B 12-13 Toyota Tacoma Mesh Grille Truck Grill I got it from autogrilles but I found it on ebay for you:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GrillCraft-T...item4aca089731

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco06 View Post
Not a huge fan of cosmetic mods on Tacomas but wow your truck is super clean! And man you have a set of brass nuts to take your dash apart like that.
As for the cosmetics, to each his own I applauded anyone who takes care of their truck no matter what they do to it. Also taking the dash apart is not the hard part its the wiring thats the worst haha but I know my way around wires and engines so my only goal is to show someone how to save some money and do it themselves. On the other hand im always waiting for that one person who takes apart something and can't get it back on...
Old 11-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #9
Mall crawling like a boss
Twinkie0311 will become famous soon enough

Marines:
Name: Chris
Twinkie0311's Tacoma Gallery
Dude your cup holder mod hahaha that is freaking awesome man. Haven't seen anyone do that. I'm gonna have to give that a try one day when I get the balls to.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkie0311 View Post
Dude your cup holder mod hahaha that is freaking awesome man. Haven't seen anyone do that. I'm gonna have to give that a try one day when I get the balls to.
Yes it was actually pretty easy all my drink turn blue haha and I have a "red" switch to make it hilirious whenever someones in the truck thier like whats the red switch do and im like don't touch it!
Old 11-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #11
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
your truck is pretty sweet. if you dont mind me asking what is the purpose of a oil catch can?
Old 11-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
your truck is pretty sweet. if you dont mind me asking what is the purpose of a oil catch can?
Thanks and the general use is in turbo or supercharger applications, or high-performance race applications where excessive blow-by (leakage past the piston rings) of air and fuel vapor occurs. This creates a positive pressure in the crankcase. Engine manufactures have placed a valve on the engine block which releases this pressure. This valve is known as a PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve. During engine operation, blow-by gases, as well as oil mist from the rotating components of the engine, pass through the PCV valve and are routed back into the intake for the engine to burn off. However, some of the oil mist and other products settle along the engine intake and over time form a "gunk." The oil catch can collects the oil mist and condenses the fuel vapors while allowing "cleaner" gases to be passed back into the intake. Typically the blow-by gasses are passed through a wire mesh, which give the vapor droplets something to adhere to. Since the oil catch cans condense the vapor portion of the gasses, they will need to be drained periodically of all the oil, fuel and other contaminants.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #13

URD MAF Calibrator

Just an update and more modifications to the truck.

Ok I talked to Gadget and bought a URD Maf Calibrator then got it tuned and I actually don't use this anymore I went to a full new ECU upgrade for alot more but I got 35 RWHP from the MAF calibrator being the first tuning to the truck with all the performance upgrades.

The tools are laid out and let the wire tapping begin!

First Set of wire taps

Second Tap

Third Wire Tap

I used crimp connectors for the interception of the maf wire

Heres the wire diagram for each of the taps and intercept of the wires.

One thing I was not aware of when I had the MAF calibrator is I needed a "serial port" computer to tune it
Old 11-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #14

3rd Brake Light Mod

You can go get a decal from toyoda or anywhere else and install it but I took it two steps further to make the mod worth it.
-Switched out bulbs for low light LEDs which are still brighter then the bulbs but not to bright.
-Clearcoat so the decal withstands mother nature
Warning: It is actually illegal to put anything on your brake lights I looked it up but im a home loving american that does'nt give a...

First you remove the Brake Light Cover (yes my LEDs are already installed I took them off to give this step by step)

Now take out the crappy bulbs and install low lighting LEDs becuase bright ones will light up the car drivers face behind you

Put the Decal you selected on the 3rd brake light

Take it one step further with Clearcoat I sprayed it with 3 layers and didnt sand it down because its not needed it looks great and its protected from the environment!

Finished Product

Old 11-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #15
Mall crawling like a boss
Twinkie0311 will become famous soon enough

Marines:
Name: Chris
Twinkie0311's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered my brake light decal from steelcityairman. That's a good idea with the low hids and the clear coat I'm gonna have to do that too.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #16

Dual Exhaust

On the truck I have 4 inch color matched true dual exhaust with a X pipe.
[/URL]
Old 11-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkie0311 View Post
I just ordered my brake light decal from steelcityairman. That's a good idea with the low hids and the clear coat I'm gonna have to do that too.
If you put LEDs in the brake light it was to bright for me I had to use ones with less LEDs in them to get a clear light that could not onyl allow the person behind me to read the light but also to still be brighter and clearer then the stock bulbs. The light from the LEDs is amazing once you figure it out.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:46 AM   #18
BDS'd
RadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant future

Name: NEIL
RadTaco914's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
On the truck I have 4 inch color matched true dual exhaust with a X pipe.
[/URL]
Can you post pics of your exhaust setup? Very interested in doing a similar setup but, with an h-pipe. Did you keep the secondary cats? And what muffler or mufflers are you running?
Old 01-09-2014, 08:11 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadTaco914 View Post
Can you post pics of your exhaust setup? Very interested in doing a similar setup but, with an h-pipe. Did you keep the secondary cats? And what muffler or mufflers are you running?
I did not keep any cats installed on the truck and I went with flow masters after comparing the flow rate and getting a temp weld to hear what it would sound like at low speeds and check for high speed drones. Would you still like pictures?
Old 01-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #20
BDS'd
RadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant future

Name: NEIL
RadTaco914's Tacoma Gallery
I was just curious of the space between the x pipe and mufflers.. Im thinking an h-pipe should give me some more back pressure rather than an x-pipe. Just seeing if the sound is worth the possible performance loss