Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

mattygaff's 2006 Tacoma V6 SR5 4X4 Build Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #21
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Buy the 3M Headlight restoration kit. The one that uses the sanding pads and a drill..

http://www.amazon.com/3M-39008-Headl.../dp/B001AIZ5HY

I use them all the time. It will fix that issue in a hurry.

Do not forget to tape off the WHOLE AREA> get an additional roll of the painters tape. Go nuts, tape everything and leave the hood open when you use the drill. Tape 6-8 inches around and do a couple layers. Thank me later on the tape tip.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #22
Beat em
mattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mattygaff's Tacoma Gallery
Mounted some BHLM's today. I like em!

Old 01-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #23
Beat em
mattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 01-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #24
AsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant future

Name: Matt
AsphaltCowboy's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed you wanted a cue ball shifter! I made mine!
Attached Thumbnails
mattygaff's 2006 Tacoma V6 SR5 4X4 Build Thread-image.jpg  
Old 01-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #25
Beat em

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphaltCowboy View Post
I noticed you wanted a cue ball shifter! I made mine!
That looks good man. Regulation size cue ball?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #26
AsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant future

AsphaltCowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattygaff View Post
That looks good man. Regulation size cue ball?
Yes sir! Feels good in the hand. Just took a drill press and drilled a hole big enough for the nut that I found in the garage to fit. Stuck it in there and it was tight enough for me just kinda tap it in there and it stayed!
Old 02-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #27
Beat em

Sold the LEER cap
Old 02-17-2014, 05:30 AM   #28
Beat em

Mounted the rearview mirror relocation bracket from ImMrYo
Old 02-17-2014, 06:13 AM   #29
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, with your lift, did you use your stock SR5 coils with the bilsteins set at 1.75"? How many miles did you have on them at that point?
Old 02-18-2014, 03:37 AM   #30
Beat em

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTopp View Post
Hey, with your lift, did you use your stock SR5 coils with the bilsteins set at 1.75"? How many miles did you have on them at that point?
Stock coils. 80k miles.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #31
Baja1981 is on a distinguished road

Name: Carlus
Baja1981's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build man. I have an 07 SR5 4x4 xtra cab, trying to do a build up. Any advice?
Old 03-05-2014, 08:54 PM   #32
Beat em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja1981 View Post
Nice build man. I have an 07 SR5 4x4 xtra cab, trying to do a build up. Any advice?
Crap! Sorry man. Just saw your post.
My advice is read on this website a lot, then make an informed choice. I changed my mind several times before I finally pulled the trigger on my lift, wheels, & tires, & now I'm very happy. Especially since I did the install myself.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #33
Beat em

Changed out the oil & filter, cabin filter, rotated the tires & had them road force balanced (much smoother ride), & trimmed out the front wheel wells to eliminate rubs from my new tires. This makes me happy!
Old 03-27-2014, 04:42 PM   #34
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! I took my cabin air filter that I changed this past June out the other day and it was pretty dirty/dusty. Surprised me, I may make that reusable/washable one on here soon
Old 03-27-2014, 06:31 PM   #35
Beat em

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTopp View Post
Nice! I took my cabin air filter that I changed this past June out the other day and it was pretty dirty/dusty. Surprised me, I may make that reusable/washable one on here soon
It's the first time I've ever even looked at mine. Yuk.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:15 PM   #36

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Oh well then yes, much yuck. There were leaves in mine also, I'm putting mesh over the intake in the cowl asap, so annoying when leaves fly out of my defroster
Old 04-14-2014, 07:57 PM   #37
Beat em

Installed my tailgate reinforcement today. Love it! Used Herculiner on it. Helluva deal.

Many thanks to HoffmanDesigned, the OP of this thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...orcements.html

Old 05-18-2014, 02:50 PM   #38
Beat em

I really like this look. Thanks to spieler for his handiwork with the decal. Now I need to derp the badging and bumper to match.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:47 PM   #39
Beat em

Put in the center console organizer - wow, HUGE difference.
Got some help from my kids with building a deck.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:30 PM   #40
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattygaff View Post
I really like this look. Thanks to spieler for his handiwork with the decal. Now I need to derp the badging and bumper to match.

Looks sick

Products Discussed in this Thread