Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

GATORTACO92's build!!!

Old 10-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
GATORTACO92's build!!!

So 6 years ago I picked up my first vehicle! 2001 Tacoma 4dr 4x4 stock. sometime summer of 2013 i bought a 2008 Tacoma 4dr 4x4 Rugged Trail with a spacer and terra grapplers from a member on here. This build is mainly for my 2008 but as i get some parts for the 2001, they will be posted here as well. I'll do my best to keep track and organization different between them to make it easier. ENJOY!!!

Current 2008:

1st day of owning the 2008 tacoma:

Couple months later
FINALLY, I HAVE A REAL LIFT!!!!

MOD Pictures!!! (some pictures are crappy I know)

2008 MODS:
Current Suspension:
OME 3" lift
886x 90000 shocks
Dakar leafs

Wheels and Tires:
285/75/16 Cooper STT
Stock rugged trail edition wheels

Brakes:
Stock brakes
Red SS extended brake lines from the group buy

Lights:
240 blitz lightforce lights (took off the 01)
Rigid Dually floods
Stock headlights

Armor:
Sliders
ARB bumper

Recovery Gear:
Warn M8000 winch
Chains
Tow strap
Smittybuilt D-Rings

Body:
Yakima roof rack system
Curt roof basket
TacoAlaMode Satashi color matched

Sound System:
Kennwood DDX770 7.1" touch screen
2 10" JL Audio 10W 3V subwoofers behind the backseats.
500 Watt Kicker Amp with 5 gage wiring.

Other:
Car seat…late June
Optima yellow top battery

Future Mods in no particular order:
Skids
All pro rear bumper
Medium height bed rack
RTT
Led light bars 360 degrees incase zombies come along
Retro fit headlights w/ SLHM
Stub antenna (stock one broke off in carwash...still works though)
Rock leds
Onboard air
Bushwhacker fenders
Snorkel
Dual Optima yellow top batteries
Cb w/ PA
POV emergency lights for that extra fun on the trails only
Tundra brake upgrade with dimpled and slotted rotors

Current 2001: SOLD!!! JUNE 13, 2014

closest to it being stock after i picked her up 2001:

MOD pictures!!! (not many mods or pictures taken)

doing work

then i put the Dirty5s on....

2001 MODS:
Suspension:
Leveling Kit
Ad-a-lead in the rear

Brakes:
Stock brakes replaced to
many times to count

Lights:
2 Lightforce 240 Blitz combo filter
Arftermarket brake lights

Armor:
ARB bumper

Body:
Safari snorkel
UWS toolbox
Trimmed fenders

Other:
IDK...saved for later

Wheeling pictures!!

Hopefully doing this build page will help me keep up with mods and changes to my wonderful toys. maybe some mods to the 1st gen but not many, hoping to make it the play toy for rocks and mud. Then the 2nd gen the running around and trail riding/expo style. hope yall enjoy the build as it comes along! i will update as much as possible but i am in school for USMC Airframe at the moment and will add what i can to the truck when i can. as i go on rides and updates they will be posted here!!
Old 11-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
just won some rigid duallys!!! also hooked my lightforces up finally to!!! i put my duallys on the ARB bumper mounting plates so they don't get ripped off or messed, also it gave me more ways to point them.

ALL my lights on

New mods as of 20140622
Bluesea fuse box

Got bored and painted smilies on my lightforces...

Added 60" sos concepts decal
Old 11-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #3

Marines:
as of today the shipping company left these for the 08...hope that my dad will get it all put on for me, wish i could but i'm busy with school in another state.
just gonna leave these here....

Old 11-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #4

Marines:
so after having the lift sit for a few days now. it will be getting installed tomorrow!!!! unfortunately i won't be helping still. But i have an amazing dad who is doing the lift!! I am about to order some ss extended brake lines i just don't know from who. I looked at allpro and am thinking of just waiting till black friday so it will be cheaper!

Lift is going in!!!
right side out,

front is done!!!

Old 11-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #5

Marines:
nothing new, gonna try and get some cooper stt this christmas.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
Hockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to all
Name: Kaleb
Hockeyman90's Tacoma Gallery
Good start with this build. Keep it up man
Old 11-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #7

Marines:
Thanks man! Hopefully arb bumper next.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #8

Marines:
well a little update...my awesome wife just snatched up a new warn zeon8 for a hell of a steal!! pics will come when we get it on the 22nd december!
Old 12-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #9

Marines:
My dad just opened my package for me... New extended brake lines from the gb on here! Sweet deal and super fast shipping!
url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/370435/cat/500][/url]
Old 12-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #10

Marines:
not much happening for the truck, finally got the satashi on and got sliders for christmas from the wife!! WOOT!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #11
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good Alex! Just gotta get those fender flares back on!!!!! oh yeah and get your sliders welded on too!!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #12
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good Alex! Stay safe out there this winter. Things can get pretty icy up there! I forgot to ask, is your wife and child up there with you, or are you in NC all by yourself?
Old 12-31-2013, 09:03 PM   #13

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
Lookin good Alex! Just gotta get those fender flares back on!!!!! oh yeah and get your sliders welded on too!!
thanks!!! fenders are coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Looking good Alex! Stay safe out there this winter. Things can get pretty icy up there! I forgot to ask, is your wife and child up there with you, or are you in NC all by yourself?
she will be up soon after my orders are known.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:39 PM   #14
Hockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to all
Man your wife is pretty awesome. Sliders and a zeon! She must like you a whole lot
Old 01-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #15

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman90 View Post
Man your wife is pretty awesome. Sliders and a zeon! She must like you a whole lot
Haha Ya, i ended up not getting the zeon8. Got baby stuff instead and other Christmas stuff. Hopefully she doesn't try them out before me!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORTACO92 View Post
Haha Ya, i ended up not getting the zeon8. Got baby stuff instead and other Christmas stuff. Hopefully she doesn't try them out before me!
Ah well got to take care of the important stuff first. And you also got to keep the wife happy, happy, happy haha
Old 01-03-2014, 08:59 AM   #17

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman90 View Post
Ah well got to take care of the important stuff first. And you also got to keep the wife happy, happy, happy haha
true that!!!! she got new pair of costa sunglasses and a shopping spree pretty much.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #18
The sacrifices you make for the ones you love
Old 01-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #19

Marines:
heard that brother!!!!! need to see some pics of your 01!!! i got to replace a timing belt and water pump on my 01!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORTACO92 View Post
heard that brother!!!!! need to see some pics of your 01!!! i got to replace a timing belt and water pump on my 01!!!
Like of the engine bay? Heard from my uncle who had his water pump blow on him while he was driving its kind of a pain to replace