1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bushwacker Extended Fenders

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Arrowshot, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Nov 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM
    Arrowshot

Arrowshot [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4X4
    A Crap Load
    Want to put some extended fenders on my 2014, 4-door, long bed, 4X4 and I have the following:

• 16" TRD Beadlock rims
    • Tires BFG LT265/70R16
    My tires don't stick out a lot but enough to know that debris is going to hit the side of the truck so I want some extended fenders. I am considering the Bushwacker pocket flares but I read the following from a buyer on Amazon:

My review is specific to the Bushwacker pocket flare for the 05-11+ 2nd gen Toyota Tacoma - part number 31920-02. You may have read that the Bushwacker flares provide 1.75" of additional tire coverage. The trouble is - they make that measurement after removing the stock OEM factory flare that's on all the Tacoma 4x4s and Prerunners. So at best, you get about half-an-inch more tire coverage than stock; hardly worth the trouble. Certainly my 285/70R17 tires on 17x8 wheels with 4.5" backspacing still stick out past the new bushwacker flares I put on today. If you're looking for a fender flare because you need better tire coverage for your oversize tires - may need to keep looking.

Is what he said accurate (realize it is a 2005 vs my 2014 but not sure it is that different)?

Should I go with the Bushwackers based on my tire or are there some alternate brands someone would recommend?

2. Nov 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM
    Gaunt596

Gaunt596 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Central Maryland
    the front fenders are all the same for 2005-2014. your best bet is to measure and see, if half an inch out from your current flares is enough do it, if not then keep looking

Products Discussed in

To Top