Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Another 5 lug stormtrooper build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
jacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jacob
jacobigindi's Tacoma Gallery
Another 5 lug stormtrooper build

As she sits today

Completed mods:
LED's under bed rails
custom headache rack
air horn
bed mat
bed tent
air mattress
weathertech mats
ultragauge
Fat Bob's lift kit
Bilstein's in the rear
15x7 procomp series 98 rims
Falken a/t wildpeak 32 11.5 R15
color matched grill surround and front emblem
plastidipped badges
bedlined rear bumper
plastidipped front valance
Beefed skid plate
Magnaflow muffler
regeared to 4.10
black taillights

latest pictures:

rotating tires

Bone stock:

First big load weighting about 1300 pounds:

LED's under rails:

Headache rack progress shots:

Trip to Washington with CSULB baja SAE

total miles

gear hauler on the way up

car hauler on the way down

bug storm

Installing the lift:

out with the old:

back in with the old...plus spacer

dat cali lean

rear done (when I still had the shitty fat bob's shocks)

all done!

new shoes on

Diff swap:

next to our adorable baja car diff

Black tail lights:

With the tent:

Currently cooking up the design for the toolbox:

100lb gas strut on one side

"head unit" on top with "inverter" below it. Deep cycle battery will sit below inverter.

chord slot with removable plug

and if there was any doubt that she was a stormtrooper?

Thanks for looking!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking build man!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
This looks awesome man. Procomps look sick.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
jacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgcutaco View Post
Good looking build man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtye View Post
This looks awesome man. Procomps look sick.
thanks guys!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #5
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the legion. That's a clean build you have so far.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #6

So I guess I'll just turn this thread into a shrine for my ol' girl. She got totaled today when some dumbass in a sequoia decided to make a u-turn in the middle of the road. She came out of nowhere and i tried to swerve to avoid her, but there wasn't time and my whole passenger side slid against the front of her car.

For anyone interested in the ensuing carnage (I know you sick folks are out there ) My entire pass. side is smashed, pass. headlight gone, bumper's fucked up, pass. side panel of back window shattered, pass. tires popped and a little shredded, rims banged up too, pass. leaf springs ripped out, pass. front suspension is donezo, bed's ripped up like a sheet of paper, aaaand the frame's tweaked, soooo yah, I think it'll all buff out haha. But all in all everyone's okay thank God, but Leyna's totaled But my headache rack didn't get a scratch! haha And the guy who towed it was super cool and let me take it with me before insurance checks out the truck on Wednesday!

So I probably won't get another 2nd gen Tacoma for a while until I can afford it, but I'm planning on getting a 90-99 toyota pickup or maybe even a 84-89 4runner depending on what I can find. So I'll still be in the family

Here's the pics and a sad video of the tow truck pulling it into the garage.

She's in good company in the shop. I hope the guy in that wreck was okay. Anyone on here?

Sad sad vid The Notebook ain't got nothin on that video haha.
http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/ja...tml?sort=3&o=0
Old 11-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #7
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Totally sucks... I was going to ask if the right bedside was in good shape... I hit a piece of steel on the freeway my first week with the truck and the tire kicked it up into the front corner.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:59 AM   #8
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit! That's no fun, glad everyone's okay.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Totally sucks... I was going to ask if the right bedside was in good shape... I hit a piece of steel on the freeway my first week with the truck and the tire kicked it up into the front corner.
got a slight blemish in it behind the wheel, but other than that, looks ok haha
Old 11-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #10
BforBriAN is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
BforBriAN's Tacoma Gallery
hey man i have a stock 09 access cab and i was looking to get the same exact build as far as the fat bob lift with the 32 inch wild peaks and the 15x7 pro comp rims. I was wondering if you had any rubbing issues and if you had to modify anything else for the tires and wheels to work like shaving down the wheel well or doing the black box mod. Thank you so much and awesome taco!!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
that sucks man, glad everybody is ok though
Old 11-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BforBriAN View Post
hey man i have a stock 09 access cab and i was looking to get the same exact build as far as the fat bob lift with the 32 inch wild peaks and the 15x7 pro comp rims. I was wondering if you had any rubbing issues and if you had to modify anything else for the tires and wheels to work like shaving down the wheel well or doing the black box mod. Thank you so much and awesome taco!!
Sorry, just got your PM. I did do the black box mod and if you're planning on getting the exact same rims, you might need some quarter inch spacers up front to clear the calipers. At slow speeds i was able to get to full lock with no rubbing, but when i turned at higher speeds i rubbed on the sway bar which was a little sketchy. I'd say as long as you don't make any crazy turns you'll be fine. Hope that helps and good luck with your build!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #13
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Diego
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks man! I was just checking ot your build a couple days ago, glad your ok!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #14
thanks man I'm so sorry to hear about the wreck but do you have a link to the wheel spacers you used by any chance? thanks
Old 11-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #15

Quote:
thanks man I'm so sorry to hear about the wreck but do you have a link to the wheel spacers you used by any chance? thanks
Unfortunately I don't. The guy that helped me at the tire place was generous enough to just give me some he had laying around in the shop for free. But I'm sure any 1/4" spacer that's compatible with a 5x4.5" pattern should work. I think mine were universal ones that fit a variety of lug patterns.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:52 AM   #16
Also did you have to trim down the wheel wells at all or just the black box mod
Old 11-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Also did you have to trim down the wheel wells at all or just the black box mod
As far as trimming, I just did the black box mod. I got your email and to answer your question about calibration, you can get this to re calibrate both the built in speedo and odo.
Personally, I had an Ultragauge and recalibrated the distance settings on it. (It's pretty easy and if you have any questions, feel free to ask) That way it could display the correct speed and MPG's and it also displays a ton of other stats. So my built in speedo and odo were still wrong, but i just looked at the Ultragauge anyway. The Ultragauge is about $70 whereas the in-line speedo calibrator is $190. Hope that helps!

Products Discussed in this Thread