Yeah, I'm impatient...so what.
The build sheet was submitted to the factory, now its just a matter of waiting for the day.
Because I'm impatient, I'm going to start acquiring my parts. I'm using this thread for a few reasons:
1 - to keep track of my ideas and so I dont lose focus
2 - to hopefully get some good opinions from other members if they see something that could be better or whatnot.
3 - and to actually document the build when it starts happening.
This will be continuously evolving as idea may change.
So, here we go...
- TRD exhaust (because I'm lazy)
- Exchanged scooped hood for non scooped
- Exchanged 17" TRD Sport rims for 16" TRD OffRoad rims
- A bunch of them from the list on this site.
- 4 PIAA 520 lights
- 1500W pure sine wave inverter
- Ram Mount laptop stand
- Wilson Wireless cell booster
- Motorolla PM series mobile radio
- Glove box/centre console organizer
Stuff on order:
- OME 886 lift with Dakar leafs (because its proven, simple, and effective)
- ARB bumper (because im an ARB fan boy...and its a great product)
- Warn VR8000 with in cab controls (may upgrade to M8000)
- Recovery gear
- Winter Rubber
Stuff being researched for install as soon as truck arrives:
- More fuel...Trooper tank in place of spare tire area (before anyone questions my wanting additional fuel capacity, at -40C take a drive up to Whitehorse or Yellowknife)
- Tundra front brake swap
- Switch centre, relay box, etc.
- Bed cover/secure storage. No clue which direction I'll go with this...its a tough one. Maybe I'll stick with DiamondBack...but that limits me in some ways.
- Roof rack. Likely a BajaRack
- Gearing for front and rear. I wanted 4.11 what that seems to be a lot of hassle...so maybe 4.56
- On-board air. Because I may as well just get it over with.
- Undercarriage protection.
- Dual battery setup
- DT short headers
- y pipe
- Snorkel (because its awesome)
Future plans (over the next 12 months)
- Possibly a supercharger. Was going to just save my pennies and do the diesel conversion in the summer...but I dont think so. Not right now anyway.
- Some sort of camping kit...this plays into the bed storage thing a lot.
- 360 degrees of lighting
As you may notice, this daily driver will be performing triple duty. Get me to the grocery store, get me to the remote work sites, get me to my camping destinations.
I need reliability, that cannot be overlooked at all. And it needs to be capable...not rock garden capable, but definitely solo remote overlanding capable.
Thats her for now...
Look forward to comments and suggestions...even criticism (no one is critical on this site though )