Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Rigid Taco's Build

Old 11-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
Bearded Bandit
RigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RigidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Rigid Taco's Build

Hey guys,

So I'm new to Alberta and the truck world too, the build is slowly going and figured id track it for my own pleasure as well as anyone else's.

I got her end of May 2013 brand new looking like this, Snuck her out on a road trip first weekend!

Some dreaming....."So many rocks to climb, one day when i grow up"

Canada Day Sleepover

Then her first mod's

New Shoes (Rims & Tires)
3 Inch Pro Com Leveling kit
Mud flaps removed

Skid plates are done, just need painting. Pic's to follow as its too cold to paint now.

Feb 2013
BOOM

Did some tweaking as a result of the above mishap..... SHIT HAPPENS, MAKE THE BEST OF IT. As i was limited on funds due to saving for the CVT RTT group buy i just did some little things that were affordable.

And the rack is ready! 2 spares mounted, Hi-Lift, Axe and Shovel mounts. Just need to get the items to put there along with the RTT on the way!

The rack will change slightly as it still needs mounts for the Awning as well. In time!

Click for full-size image (1024 x 768)
Click for full-size image (1024 x 768)

Took a nice road trip to CVT and picked up my roof top tent and other random camping gear. So far just the tent mounted, but damn she looks good!

All sealed up for Wheelin:

Open (Picture is missing the Annex and Awning)

Old 11-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
I thought this was gonna have rigid lights or something
Old 11-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
Bearded Bandit
RigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HAHA, Nah I used Rigid as I want my Taco to be Rigid. Light bars will come one day tho.... Im in the midst of an argument with my wallet!
Old 11-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
So far I've got 4 rigid pods on my truck and I love them! Fighting back and forth between 500ff hids or a rigid light bar. nice start
Old 11-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
Bearded Bandit

Thanks, Im leaning towards the 30 inch combo spot/flood on the front bumper. Maybe a couple pods to mount on the cage for side view and to utilize while camping.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #6
Gr8Dane
Dayno is on a distinguished road

Dayno's Tacoma Gallery
Good start
Old 03-23-2014, 01:19 AM   #7
Rustycan is on a distinguished road

Name: Toby
Rustycan's Tacoma Gallery
Man I really like that front bumper. How long did it take your friend to fab it? And what kinda cost we talking about for something like that? Maybe with an opening in the front for mounting a nice LED bar?
Old 03-23-2014, 11:58 AM   #8
Bearded Bandit

That bumper i got via insurance so it had to be purchased. It's a body armor, picked it up from 4 wheel parts for just over a grand.

He could probably make something similar of you're interested. Send him a message on Facebook or pm me and I'll give you his number.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:44 AM   #9
Bearded Bandit

Added some RTT Pics
Old 07-04-2014, 02:17 PM   #10
Bearded Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustycan View Post
Man I really like that front bumper. How long did it take your friend to fab it? And what kinda cost we talking about for something like that? Maybe with an opening in the front for mounting a nice LED bar?
FYI,

He is now making something similar for another TW member. If interested let me know.