Well I purchased my 2009 DC TRD Prerunner back in the first part of January and I have been in the process of building my system ever since. The first thing I did was to spend a lot of time reading the forums and for those interested in doing something like this I highly reccomend reading a WHOLE lot before your begin. I had installed car stereos in the past so I was pretty comfortable with most everything, just not the vehicle that I was working with.
Here is a list of all that I have done so far:
1) Dynolock electric tailgate lock
2) Tube Step
3) Bed Extender
4) Leather Seats
5) Tinted windows
6) Access limited edition bed cover
7) Installed 12V accessory power plug in center console
8) Installed LED lighting in center console to match dash.
9) Valentine One hardwired
10) Viper 5901 Alarm system with remote start
11) Tapped into backup camera for backup picture display on headunit.
12) Alpine IVA-W205 with metra dash kit
13) Alpine MR350 Mono Sub amp running at 2ohm
14) JL Audio 300/2 Amp
15) Twin JL Audio 8" Subs 8W3v4
16) Hybrid Audio Clarus C61-2 componet speakers
17) RAAMmat & Ensolite sound deadening.
18) Custom sub enclosure and amp rack - THANKS MARV!!!!!!
19) IPOD Full Speed interface with IPOD installed in center console
20) Sirius Satellite
21) PAC SWI-Jack steering wheel control interface
22) PAC TR7 video lockout bypass
Needless to say I have been busy!!! First off I thought the stereo project was going to take a weekend but I actually ended up spending 4 weekends and some week nights to complete. I had some of the equipment from my old car stereo that I wanted to use again to help save some costs including one sub and both amps. One problem I had was that my sub amp wasn't really strong enough to run the sub I had at 4 ohm but by addeding a second one I was able to run it at 2 ohms and increase my output.
Here are some pictures of what I have done:
Well that's about it so far....